What GOP would u nominate? I say Rubio

republicanchick

Marco Rubio has (according to my best info) a good voting record, that of a true conservative. He has

voted pro-life

he believes those who enter the country illegally should not go to the front of the line RE citizenship

he PRAYS when he doesn't know how to proceed (or whatever)

he doesn't always choose politics over family

he is faithful to his Catholic faith (even though he, like all catholics, is persecuted to one degree or another)

he knows what it is like to be poor

his ancestors were poor

This last is important b/c we as a country definitely need to do SOMEHTING about the entitlement problem.. Marco R's ancestors were dirt poor, worked menial jobs... but (as far as anyone knows) never took assistance from the gov, even when it was available, apparently.

So Rubio has the perspective of the poor, the middle class and ... I don't what class to put Congress in...

+++

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only option the R's *currently* have for winning the election is ... Jeb Bush.

republicanchick

then you don't understand how george bush got elected

that's a violation of the 11th Commandmnet

and a rather serious one at that..

Are you saying its wacko to vote for... well, at the very least he was the least of 2 evils..

should we have stayed home b/c Bush wasn't perfect? and besides, we didn't know how he would jack up the Debt back b4 the election

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That may be true (Do you think Americans really want a third Bush?) But, I'm not on the Republican team, so...

No, I don't. I am speaking reality though. All of the hard Right, TP's are not options for anyone who values freedom of and FROM religious persecution.

Cruz is the ultimate disaster, and I don't see him as being a realistic option as the candidate who runs.

republicanchick

ideally, it should be a governor

but this is not a perfect world..

at least Rubio should be chosen for VP

and I would prefer Walker or Perry over Jeb B who thinks illegals should be rewarded for their breaking of the law. Next it will other lawbreakers demanding special attn... And why wouldn't they? If one group of lawbreakers gets rewarded, people who are not even Americans, it only makes sense that others (rapists, child molesters, etc) should be "pardoned" and that is what Bush's plan is: a mass pardon..
I guess the law doesn't mean much to some folks.. which I thought was lib thing, not a R thing...

go figure

++

++

Lexington'96

Marco Rubio has (according to my best info) a good voting record, that of a true conservative. He has

voted pro-life

It's easy to vote pro-life when you don't control the government. From 2003 to 2007, the Republicans controlled both the House and Senate, and there was a Republican President. What did all the supposedly "pro-life" politicians do?

he believes those who enter the country illegally should not go to the front of the line RE citizenship

I don't really know much about this.

he PRAYS when he doesn't know how to proceed (or whatever)

he doesn't always choose politics over family

Somewhat vague.

he is faithful to his Catholic faith (even though he, like all catholics, is persecuted to one degree or another)

And why should the other three fourths of Americans who aren't Catholic care?

he knows what it is like to be poor

his ancestors were poor

Same applies to Barrack Obama.

This last is important b/c we as a country definitely need to do SOMEHTING about the entitlement problem.. Marco R's ancestors were dirt poor, worked menial jobs... but (as far as anyone knows) never took assistance from the gov, even when it was available, apparently.

A lot of politicians have started out poor, and worked menial jobs.

So Rubio has the perspective of the poor, the middle class and ... I don't what class to put Congress in...

+++

That's all great but I'm more concerned with what a candidate will do to make America a more free nation.

republicanchick

It's easy to vote pro-life when you don't control the government. From 2003 to 2007, the Republicans controlled both the House and Senate, and there was a Republican President. What did all the supposedly "pro-life" politicians do?

]

They can't do much w/o the Sup Ct doing something. But it shows they have INTEGRITY... don't believe someone should die b/c of some other person's social issues... serious as those issues are... ]
And why should the other three fourths of Americans who aren't Catholic care?

]
because Catholics fear God and we need that kind of president. Catholics (practicing) know God's ways/thoughts better than anyone. True, you Ps don't know that, but ... you (and all humans) are ignorant of many things... ]
hin

Same applies to Barrack Obama.

]
this is bogus. He wasn't poor., certainly not like Rubio's family]

A lot of politicians have started out poor, and worked menial jobs.

That's all great but I'm more concerned with what a candidate will do to make America a more free nation.

then Rubio is the one (or one of them)

I want him b/c he is Catholic (and only Catholics know exactly what that means, so.. don't expect u to get that one)

=

Lexington'96

They can't do much w/o the Sup Ct doing something. But it shows they have INTEGRITY... don't believe someone should die b/c of some other person's social issues... serious as those issues are... ]

They could at least try. Notice how states like Texas actively challenge the Federal Government on abortion. The Sanctity of Life Act was never brought up for a vote.

because Catholics fear God and we need that kind of president. Catholics (practicing) know God's ways/thoughts better than anyone. True, you Ps don't know that, but ... you (and all humans) are ignorant of many things... ]

I'm just saying that you can't win an election with 25% of the vote. I'm not concerned about a President's religious beliefs, I'm more concerned that they'll govern in a way compatible with the Constitution.

There is one Catholic Congressman who would make a good President. His name is Walter Jones and he is a Representative from North Carolina.

We've had one Catholic President, JFK. When compared to our recent Presidents, he seems like a much better alternative. But compared to Washington, Jefferson, Coolidge, etc. he leaves a lot to be desired.

this is bogus. He wasn't poor., certainly not like Rubio's family]

I'm no Obama expert, so you could be right.

republicanchick

They could at least try. Notice how states like Texas actively challenge the Federal Government on abortion. The Sanctity of Life Act was never brought up for a vote.

Y not? .
I'm just saying that you can't win an election with 25% of the vote. I'm not concerned about a President's religious beliefs, I'm more concerned that they'll govern in a way compatible with the Constitution..
not all non catholics are anti-Catholic.. and many would vote for him even if t hey were to avoid another Pres O or Pres O light.
I'm no Obama expert, so you could be right.

I read his history b4 he was elected the first time... scared the crud out of me... and i am still s cared... but hey.. only if I think about it

drbrumley

From L.V.

So, Republicans are upset that President Obama’s new budget for fiscal year 2016 is not balanced. The Republicans have not submitted a balanced budget since Eisenhower. What a bunch of hypocrites.