What ever happened to...

WatchmanOnTheWall

If Jesus is the only way to Heaven:

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Then where did all the people who lived before Jesus' death and all the people who had never heard the Good News go?

After all it was not there fault they didn't hear the Good News. So where did they go Heaven or Hell?

And if they went to Hell is this fair? And why is it fair?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was sent to teach us how to live godly life.

His teachings are not the same as the world's.

He focuses on looking into our heart.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
But you just said that we don't need Jesus to get to Heaven, as we can work our way there, like all the people God showed mercy to who never heard the Gospel.

I did not say that.

Jesus looks into our heart.

If we don't know Jesus' teachings, but doing their best to be loving their neighbors, we will be accepted.

Jesus wants us to know how to love one another.

Love is the center of God and Jesus' teachings.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If Jesus is the only way to Heaven:

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Then where did all the people who lived before Jesus' death and all the people who had never heard the Good News go?

After all it was not there fault they didn't hear the Good News. So where did they go Heaven or Hell?

And if they went to Hell is this fair? And why is it fair?
[h=3]Bible Verses About Sheol - King James Bible[/h]
Luke 16:22-23 KJV - [FONT=&quot]And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;[/FONT][FONT=&quot]23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.[/FONT]

Job 14:13 KJV - O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Watchman,

do you remember about Samaritan story Jesus' talked about?

He says to be like him.

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

I did not say that.
Yes you did in post #2:
"God is merciful. those people who are decent and law abiding will be in God's kingdom."
Jesus looks into our heart.

If we don't know Jesus' teachings, but doing their best to be loving their neighbors, we will be accepted.

Jesus wants us to know how to love one another.

Love is the center of God and Jesus' teachings.

So you think by simply loving others we can get into Heaven. Hitler loved his wife, so you think Hitler went to Heaven too.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Hitter did not love his neighbor. He was hateful man. He killed tons of people.

Jesus says to love your enemy, not kill them.

But he loved his wife and probably his parents too etc (who were his neighbours by Jesus' teachings) and you said that as long as we love others we can get into Heaven and that we don't need Jesus, just good works.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
We can go long way by trying to love our neighbor as ourselves.

Loving your neighbor as yourself is not so easy thing to do. but that's what Jesus teaches.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
But he loved his wife and probably his parents too etc (who were his neighbours by Jesus' teachings) and you said that as long as we love others we can get into Heaven and that we don't need Jesus, just good works.

what makes you think killing people you don't love is loving your neighbor?

my goodness.

WatchmanOnTheWall

We can go long way by trying to love our neighbor as ourselves.

Loving your neighbor as yourself is not so easy thing to do. but that's what Jesus teaches.

It was taught for over a thousand years before Jesus came along:

Leviticus 19:18
"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.