What do you think of a government by God? Is it scriptural?

KingdomRose

I see that Jesus constantly talked about the Kingdom of God. He taught us to pray for it to come, so it couldn't already be here, right? (Matt.6:9,10) Isaiah 9:6,7 tells us about a government that will rule and bring peace to the earth, in the hands of the Son, the Messiah, on the throne of David. So the "kingdom" is a real government. What is your understanding?

OCTOBER23

The Kingdom of God when JESUS will RULE with a Rod of Iron

to TRUTHSMACK the Nations with.

It is Prophetically calculated to be here by 2025 after the Peace Treaty in Sept 2017

according to Daniel's prophecies and Rev 12.

KingdomRose

It is Prophetically calculated to be here by 2025 after the Peace Treaty in Sept 2017

You have an understanding that I appreciate. Indeed, the Kingdom is an actual government with Jesus as its King. I believe that fulfills Daniel 2:44. That prophecy shows that we are now living in the time of the feet of the great image.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I see that Jesus constantly talked about the Kingdom of God. He taught us to pray for it to come, so it couldn't already be here, right? (Matt.6:9,10) Isaiah 9:6,7 tells us about a government that will rule and bring peace to the earth, in the hands of the Son, the Messiah, on the throne of David. So the "kingdom" is a real government. What is your understanding?

As far as I can tell at this point, my understanding is basically like yours.

2Sa 7:12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
2Sa 7:13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

Psa 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
Psa 89:35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
Psa 89:36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
Psa 89:37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The "Kingdom" is "in our midst" and "the Kingdom is spread out into the world but men do not see it."

Jesus's Kingdom parables point to "an already here/but not yet" sort of dynamic. The technical term is called a "realized eschatology." His parables reveal a puzzling and mysterious "over yonder" that can be glimpsed between the lines of his actual preaching.

It was put into the phrase Kingdom of God because it was an indication of what the world would be like if God sat on the throne instead of Caesar.

A sizable branch of Christianity is Dominionism. It is basically forming a government that has biblical teachings as the basis of all state power and social morality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_Theology

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The "Kingdom" is "in our midst" and "the Kingdom is spread out into the world but men do not see it."

Jesus's Kingdom parables point to "an already here/but not yet" sort of dynamic. The technical term is called a "realized eschatology." His parables reveal a puzzling and mysterious "over yonder" that can be glimpsed between the lines of his actual preaching.

It was put into the phrase Kingdom of God because it was an indication of what the world would be like if God sat on the throne instead of Caesar.

The King was in the midst of the Pharisees to whom the Lord Jesus was speaking and they could not recognize it.
He was not speaking univerally as if the Kingdom is always in man's midst and is invisible.

The Messianic Kingdom will come with physical sight, in the future and fulfill prophetic scripture literally, physically, materially.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The King was in the midst of the Pharisees to whom the Lord Jesus was speaking and they could not recognize it.
He was not speaking univerally as if the Kingdom is always in man's midst and is invisible.

The Messianic Kingdom will come with physical sight, in the future and fulfill prophetic scripture literally, physically, materially.
He did not literally say that. There is no other references in the text about about Jesus speaking universally or not. Guessing at someone's intentions at a distance of 2,000 years is not an easy thing to do.

I see your comments as your interpretation, not on what is actually and literally said in the Bible.

There was no provision in the Jewish tradition of a messiah who would be executed by the powers and principalities like a criminal. A messiah was supposed to be an "anointed military king." This is the actual meaning of the term.

The word "Christ" means "the anointed." When Jesus was shown to be resurrected--namely that his power and presence were still available to his followers after the crucifixion, Christianity found a way to crown Jesus as messiah (in some traditions, not all) after all. So the early Christians appropriated the original word and changed its meaning.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It has not come yet. Jesus's early followers looked to trumpets and angels over the temple mount when he died. He predicted as much.

John of Patmos's Revelation does not say anything about a literal "Messianic Kingdom" does it? I don't know for sure but what I remember of it does not use that metaphor at all.

CherubRam

Revelation 1:19 Write therefore the things that you have seen, those that are and those that are to take place after this. 20 As for the mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden lampsticks, the seven stars are the (angels / messengers) of the seven congregations, and the seven lampsticks are the seven congregations.

Job 38:31
“Can you bind the chains of the (Pleiades / Seven Stars)? Can you loosen Orion’s belt? Or, The Shepherd's belt?

Job 38:32
Can you bring forth the (constellations / Seven Stars) in their seasons or lead out the (Bear / Lion) with its cubs?

Job 38:33
Do you know the laws of the heavens? Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

The kingdom of God is multifaceted and is now in mystery form as taught by the parables. It was offered to Israel by Yeshua at the first coming but the offer was rescinded after the people rejected it. Yeshua will offer the kingdom to Israel after the trib

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
John of Patmos's Revelation does not say anything about a literal "Messianic Kingdom" does it? I don't know for sure but what I remember of it does not use that metaphor at all.

Jesus Christ is a King of kings.

You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and have made us kings and priests to our God and we shall reign on the earth.
(Revelation 5:9-10 NKJV)​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Isaiah 9:6,7 tells us about a government that will rule and bring peace to the earth, in the hands of the Son, the Messiah, on the throne of David. So the "kingdom" is a real government. What is your understanding?

It means what is says. Don't try to understand God or interpret him, just believe him.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Christ is a King of kings.

You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and have made us kings and priests to our God and we shall reign on the earth.
(Revelation 5:9-10 NKJV)​
Nothing about a "messianic kingdom" here. Which was my original point.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It means what is says. Don't try to understand God or interpret him, just believe him.
Believe him when he says to love our enemies?

Believe him when he does not say he is divine?

Believe him when he says God desires "mercy, not sacrifice"?

Believe him when he tells us to "Pray to the Father in secret"?

Believe him when he says to give to anyone who begs of us?

...when he says "give all to the poor"?

Believe, believe and believe and don't take Jesus's teachings seriously at all.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Putting on your revenge and violence game, eh?

chair

"Government by God" means "government by somebody claiming to speak for God".

A very bad thing.

OCTOBER23

TO CHAIR ITS ALL GREEK.

YE ARE GODS , SONS OF THE MOST HIGH.

YES , HEIRS OF GOD AND CO-HEIRS WITH CHRIST.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey Kiddo,

Don't you know that VENGENCE BELONGS TO GOD .

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"Government by God" means "government by somebody claiming to speak for God".

A very bad thing.
A three sentence breakdown of the ancient civilization of Sumer:

1. The gods rule
2. The gods rule through me
3. "I RULE!"

All world religions follow the same pattern.

CherubRam

A three sentence breakdown of the ancient civilization of Sumer:

1. The gods rule
2. The gods rule through me
3. "I RULE!"

All world religions follow the same pattern.
True, but since then government leaders have all been members of secret society. The Seven Thunders will not be members of any secret society.