What do Christians mean when they use these terms?

jsanford108

Thanks for your input.

I find the H2O analogy to be odd. If you are talking about a numerical issue- why is the chemical analogy supposed to be relevant? Unless you are saying that God appears in three different "phases".

By the way- water has more than three phases.

Chair

Chair,
I apologize for any lack of clarity, as that fault is my own.

My analogy with H2O was not meant as a mathematical analogy; it was meant as an additional analogy, to illustrate that three "different" forms of existence can be elementally "one."

As far as water having more than three phases, I would say that is more of a quibble than an actual point. We know the three accepted phases (solid, liquid, and gas), and that any "super fluid" is still considered a liquid or gas. You can easily note that the very first diagram has only three phases evident and listed.

jsanford108

StillnlovewithJesu, there are other threads for this debate. This is a thread, started by Chair, to find what specific terms mean, either in connotation or denotation. It is not a Trinity thread, or a debate on the Trinity, or even a debate about Jesus's nature.

So, go make a new thread about the Trinity doctrine, if you feel the others that are already in existence are inadequate. I would be more than happy to discuss such doctrinal disagreements with you, but this thread is not the place to spew your opinion at such lengths.

chair

StillnlovewithJesu, there are other threads for this debate. This is a thread, started by Chair, to find what specific terms mean, either in connotation or denotation. It is not a Trinity thread, or a debate on the Trinity, or even a debate about Jesus's nature.

So, go make a new thread about the Trinity doctrine, if you feel the others that are already in existence are inadequate. I would be more than happy to discuss such doctrinal disagreements with you, but this thread is not the place to spew your opinion at such lengths.

Thank you for trying to keep this thread on course.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
These terms are often used here, but their exact meaning is rarely clear. I suspect that not all Christians are agreed on these either. Can you explain what is meant by:
  1. Person
  2. Godhead
  3. Justified
  4. Righteous
  5. Fulfilled

Thanks

Chair

I said
The Holy Spirit teaches us that we have an inner man, and an outer person.
The Godhead or HeadGod is others who are in total agreement with God the Father. Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
Justified means we done what God told us to do from the Holy Spirit.
Righteous means we follow all of Jesus' teachings.
Fulfilled means the end of a contract, or agreement.

keypurr

Looking at the posts here in the great forum and I agree with many things but I do not agree with the idea of The Trinity.

The false doctrine of The Trinity is a lie and perversity of theology because it is denies the deity of the God Of Abraham - The God Of The Bible} - The Creator. Himself.

The Bible clearly is consistent, unwavering, and very clear to eXplain that God is ONE.
He is not Three People, Persons, Beings, or Three Deities as the Trinitarian demands.
The very Baptism that is Commanded in the Bible, is that the Believer is to be baptized in the NAME.

NAME OF THE FATHER and OF THE SON and OF HOLY SPIRIT.

The simple, basic most important question to ask the Trinitarians is - “ What are the NAMES of these THREE distinct PERSONS ?

What are the Names of The Father, of the Son, and of the Spirit ?

The Trinitarian demands that the FATHER, SON and SPIRIT are three distinct, separate, individual Persons and or people.

But here we see that the Trinitarian is selling You a contradiction and an outright lie.

Because The Trinitarian cannot and will not and does not know or seek to know the three Name’s of the three distinct, separate, individual Persons. If They are indeed Three people / persons, What are their three names?

The Bible clearly tells us that the Three manifestations OF God - are not Three. Are never Three and always are - ONE.

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The Trinitarian does not know or even care to think about what are the Three Separate Names of The Father, Son and Spirit, while demanding that the Godhead is composed and made up of Three Separate Distinct Persons.

The baptism that I mentioned above details a clear answer – as the apostles demonstrated the baptism in action. The apostles engaged in doing the very command that The Lord Yahoshuah commanded.

The Apostles went about performing Baptism in The Name Of The Lord Yahoshua Christ. Every single time, every single method and mode of performing this commandment, it was the same eXact way every single time.

Just notice what the Bible says about this Commandment.

“”’’ Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be Baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, For the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost …… Acts 2:38
Every single time baptism was performed, the same eXact way.

GA 3:27...... For as many of you as have been BAPTIZED into Christ, have put on Christ.

CO 1:13...... Is Christ divided? .. was Paul crucified for you? or were ye BAPTIZED in the name of Paul?

Here Paul is commanding to baptize DIRECTLY .....in JESUS NAME.... clearly.

RO 6:3...... Know ye not, that so many of us as were BAPTIZED into Jesus Christ were BAPTIZED into his death?

AC 19:5 ...... When they heard this, they were BAPTIZED in the name of the Lord Jesus.

AC 10:48...... and he commanded them to be BAPTIZED in the name of the Lord…

AC 8:16...... (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were.. BAPTIZED in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

AC 8:12...... But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and in the name of Jesus Christ, they were BAPTIZED.

Acts 19:3-5 ......"They were baptized unto Johns baptism. } Paul, SAID YOU are to BELIEVE ON CHRIST JESUS... ... When they heard this they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."
Luk 24:47 Repentance and remission of sins should be preached in HIS NAME among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 4:12: "Neither is there salvation in any other: For there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." { Yahoshuah Name is the only name.

We all know and have been through the many, many verses that eXplains that Yahoshuah was The Father, Creator manifested in The flesh who took on the morph, form, role and manifestation of a Man / Son. And The Bible never suggests that God is three separate persons.

If You will notice in the Bible, There is not a Holy three or [ a holy # 1, 2 and 3

- or a holy trio or [ a holy tri ] or a TRIANGLE or a Trinity or a Threesome or a TRIAD.

The Trinitatian Does Not, Cannot and Will Not ever know or tell You the names of these Three imaginary persons or deities in His Trinity theology.

It is a Romantic Catholic Created Doctrine, invented by Rome and Roman Catholic Dictators and not a part of The teaching of The God Of The Bible.

Here is more proof.

Encyclopedia of Religion & Ethics (1951). II, 384, 389: "The formula used was "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ".......there is no evidence for the use of the trine name The earliest form, represented in the Acts, was simple immersion in water

Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible (1962), I 351: "The evidence suggests that baptism in early Christianity was administered, not in the threefold name, but 'in the name of Jesus Christ' or 'in the name of the Lord Jesus.'"

Otto Heick, A History of Christian Thought (1965), I, 53: "At first baptism was administered in the name of Jesus, but gradually in the name of the Triune God: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.

Hasting's Dictionary of the Bible (1898). I, 241: "[One explanation is that] the original form of words was "into the name of Jesus Christ" or 'the Lord Jesus,' Baptism into the name of the Trinity was a later development."

Williston Walker, A History of the Christian Church (1947), page 58: "The Trinitarian baptismal formula,,, was displacing the older baptism in the name of Christ."

The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge (1957), I, 435: "The New Testament knows only baptism in the name of Jesus which still occurs even in the second & third centuries."

Canney's Encyclopedia of Religions (1970), page 53: "Persons were baptized at first 'in the name of Jesus Christ' or 'in the name of the Lord Jesus' Afterwards, with the development of the doctrine of the Trinity, they were baptized 'in the name of the Father & of the Son & of the Holy Ghost.'"

Encyclopedia Biblical (1899), I, 473: "It is natural to conclude that baptism was administered in the earliest times 'in the name of Jesus Christ,' or in that 'of the Lord Jesus.' This view is confirmed by the fact that the earliest forms of the baptismal confession appear to have been single-not triple, as was the later creed."

Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th ed. (1920), II 365: "The Trinitarian formula & trine immersion were not uniformly used from the beginning Bapti[sm] into the name of the Lord [was] the normal formula of the New Testament. In the 3rd century baptism in the name of Christ was still so widespread that Pope Stephen, in opposition to Cyprian of Carthage, declared it to be valid."

FAUSSETS BIBLE ENCYCLOPEDIA, page 359 - Jesus. Means Jehovah Salvation. "Peter replied, Repent, & be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of ...the authenticity of water baptism today in the name of Jesus Christ, cannot be denied!

New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967 Edition, Vol.13, p.1021 - The first use of the Latin word "trinitas" (trinity) with reference to God, is found in Tertullian’s writings (about 213 A.D.) He was the first to use the term "persons" (plural) in a Trinitarian context.

World Book Encyclopedia, 1975 Edition, Vol. T, p.363 - Belief in Father, Son and Holy Ghost was first defined by the earliest general council of churches. This was the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D.

"The doctrine of the Trinity is not taught in the Old Testament" (New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967, Vol. XIV, p. 306).

The Trinity "is not directly and immediately the Word of God" (New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967, Vol. XIV, p. 304

The dogma of the Trinity in the stricter sense of the word was a late arrival, product of 3 centuries' .............. Trinitarians-went back to the period of Christian origins. (New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1965, Trinity, p299-300)

NEW INTERNATIONAL ENCYCLOPEDIA, Vol 22, Pg 477. The term Trinity was originated by Tertullian, a Roman Catholic Church Father.

We can ask the Roman Catholic Trinitarian – “ What are The Names Of The three persons of The Trinity ?
The Roman Catholic can never tell You. Because He denies that Yashoshua The Lord Christ is the very eXact Name of The Father and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit.

There is only One name.

Father is not a name – Son is not a name – and Spirit is not a name. The Names of the Three Separate Persons / People Of The Catholic Trinity are not known to the Trinitarian, because The Three Persons are not Three.

They are 1. Not three. One Person

One Name, One God. There is no Triangle or Trio. The Lord Yashoshua Christ is the Only Name Of God

Yawhea is completed, accomplished and fulfilled - in the Name of Yahoshuah. This is The Lords Name.

The Word : " Ya ; "" has Many Manifestations and pronunciations and added meanings in the bible. Ya is The Name of God but there are Many, Many manifestations and titles and meanings to the Name of God.

Here are a few eXamples .

Hebrew 3070 יהוה יראה yahôvâh yir'eh
yah-ho-vaw' yir-eh'
Meaning- Jahovah will see (to it); Jahovah-Jireh, a symbolical name for Mt. Moriah: - Jahovah-jireh.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hebrew 3071 יהוה נסּי yahôvâh nissîy
yeh-ho-vaw' nis-see'
Meaning - Jahovah (is) my banner; Jahovah-Nissi, a symbolical name of an altar in the Desert: - Jehovah-nissi.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hebrew 3072 יהוה צדקנוּ yehôvâh tsidqênû
yeh-ho-vaw' tsid-kay'-noo
Meaning Jahovah (is) our right.

Hebrew 3073 יהוה שׁלום yahôvâh shâlôm
yah-ho-vaw' shaw-lome'
Meaning Jahovah (is) peace; Jehovah-Shalom.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hebrew 3074 יהוה שׁמּה yahôvâh shâmmâh
yah-ho-vaw' shawm'-maw
Meaning - Jahovah (is) thither.
Hebrew 3075 יהוזבד yahôzâbâd yah-ho-zaw-bawd'
Meaning - Jehovah-endowed.
The Name Yahoshuah Means God Saves - Savior. this is the Name of God. The Catholic Name Gee Zues is not the Name in the manuscripts.

The Name Yahoshuah Means God Saves - Savior. this is the Name of God.

There are nearly 30 descriptions in the Bible that describe the Word YAH using 30 different endings as You see in the eXamples above.

The Catholic Name Gee Zues is not the Name in the manuscripts.

Catholics and Trinitarians truly simply have no scriptures for their faith.

Yahoshuah is the only Name whereby we are baptized and saved. There is no other Name or Person.

The Roman Catholic can not tell You the Names of the three people / persons / deities of the Trinity because His God is not The God Of The bible.
Excellent post friend. Thank you

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Excellent post friend. Thank you

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

I said
Keypurr what are we going to do with these people teaching the old testament?
Self Condemning Old Testament

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 9:15-17
15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:13-14
13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh.
14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
(NKJ)
XXX Jesus came to deliver the Jews and they rejected Jesus. So Jesus offered deliverance to the Gentiles. Jesus came because the Jews wasnt keeping the law of God in the old testament. But there are those who want to lead you into the old testament law of sin and death. They are self condemning and leading you into condemnation.
Jesus brought us a new covenant(testament) Jesus changed the law, Jesus annulled the former commandments. Jesus is trying to save you.

Right Divider

Body part

Looking at the posts here in the great forum and I agree with many things but I do not agree with the idea of The Trinity.

The false doctrine of The Trinity is a lie and perversity of theology because it is denies the deity of the God Of Abraham - The God Of The Bible} - The Creator. Himself.

The Bible clearly is consistent, unwavering, and very clear to eXplain that God is ONE.
He is not Three People, Persons, Beings, or Three Deities as the Trinitarian demands.
The very Baptism that is Commanded in the Bible, is that the Believer is to be baptized in the NAME.

NAME OF THE FATHER and OF THE SON and OF HOLY SPIRIT.

The simple, basic most important question to ask the Trinitarians is - “ What are the NAMES of these THREE distinct PERSONS ?

What are the Names of The Father, of the Son, and of the Spirit ?
Another idiotic anti-Biblical tirade.

"In the name of" is an IDIOMATIC EXPRESSION that means BY THE AUTHORITY OF.

It is a SINGULAR authority that belongs equally to the Father AND the Son AND the Holy Spirit.