What are womens gift in the bible ? what are her things, special atributes G-d gave to them and only them ?

Hoping

Banned
I am Catholic. (That just means I'm an individual member of the Body of Christ.)
Why then do you capitalize the "c" in catholic?
And what difference is there between consecrated and unconsecrated, in regard to sacrilege?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Why then do you capitalize the "c" in catholic?
'Catholic' is spelled with a capital C.
And what difference is there between consecrated and unconsecrated, in regard to sacrilege?
The Real Presence of Christ. There's a difference between a consecrated host in a monstrance and a consecrated host deliberately trampled under foot. Those are not the same thing.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No you don't.

Yes, I do.

That's what I'm saying.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

If that's what I'm doing then I agree with you. I have made it my mission to be the opposite of uninstructable.

You are, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

We pray to the Father and to the Son in the rosary,

Yes, I said that, already. Not the problem I have with it.

and we also ask Mary to pray for us.

Which she cannot do because she can't hear you, let alone understand you; by doing so, you replace the ONE mediator between God and man, the Man Christ Jesus, with Mary, placing her on the pedestal of Mediator rather than God, making it idolatry.

You should be praying to Jesus, asking HIM to be your intercessor, not Mary.

Catholicism is invulnerable to accusations of idolatry.

In other words, you're saying:

"Catholicism is infallible and unfalsifiable."

News-flash, Idolater, it's not, and that's a very dangerous position to have.

We offer the sacrifice of the Mass to the Father, that is our worship and it is our highest form of worship, that is not a lie or an exaggeration,

Irrelevant.

and so for us to commit idolatry we would have to offer the Eucharist----the consecrated host----on an altar to something other than the Father.

Wrong.

Simply by placing Mary in the place of Jesus as Mediator, you commit idolatry.

Even typing out that scenario is chilling, and it would be extremely idolatrous, and we do not do that.

You DO commit idolatry, idolatry that has nothing to do with the Eucharist.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Yes, I do.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

You are, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Yes, I said that, already. Not the problem I have with it.

Which she cannot do because she can't hear you, let alone understand you
Your theology's interpretation of the "cloud of witnesses" in Hebrews 12:1 is different than mine. I see Hebrews 12:1 as confirming the Catholic idea that the saints in heaven can "witness" us, since they are "witnesses". It does not strike me as unreasonable if these witnesses can hear, and not just see.
; by doing so, you replace the ONE mediator between God and man, the Man Christ Jesus, with Mary, placing her on the pedestal of Mediator rather than God, making it idolatry.

You should be praying to Jesus, asking HIM to be your intercessor, not Mary.
He's our mediator because He's our High Priest. I didn't want to say anything because you're arguing against yourself. He is our mediator because He's our Priest. That's how He's our mediator.

Mary is not our priest at all. She is the mother of Jesus, so she is the "Queen Mother" of all heaven and of all the universe, that's just semantics; just like she's the Mother of God; it's just semantic.
In other words, you're saying:

"Catholicism is infallible and unfalsifiable."
Nope, just that Catholics are immune from the charge of idolatry. That's the last thing you can accuse us of, credibly. You accuse us of all sorts of other things more credibly than you can accuse us of idolatry. We're invulnerable to that charge specifically.
News-flash, Idolater, it's not, and that's a very dangerous position to have.
It's a good thing those aren't my words then.

Catholicism is certainly not unfalsifiable. That would be like saying that it's unfalsifiable that the presidency in Washington D.C. is the numerically same original office that President Washington held in 1793. It's obviously the same office, you can't falsify it because it's definitely the same office. It's not that it's unfalsifiable. It's just not falsified.

And as far as "infallible", I would not say that 'Catholicism is infallible', just that the authentically Apostolic teachings, and the Apostolically approved scriptures, are absolutely infallible, because they are of God, and not of man.
Irrelevant.

Wrong.

Simply by placing Mary in the place of Jesus as Mediator, you commit idolatry.

You DO commit idolatry, idolatry that has nothing to do with the Eucharist.
Well at least you're not calling the Eucharist itself idolatry I guess ... .

borntosurf

Act 21:9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy -

This man held church in his home.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

Gary K

Banned
Act 21:9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy -

This man held church in his home.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
This last prophecy you quoted is an OT prophecy found in Joel.

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

borntosurf

yes, at these times

Joe 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.