We have a advocate with the Father

beloved57

His Advocacy savingly prevails for those He propitiated, satisfied Gods law and justice for because His Name demands it, Jesus, but also because Hes Jesus Christ the Righteous. 1 Jn 2:1

[FONT=&quot]My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

This is very significant because not only is He Righteous in Himself, but Hes the Righteousness of His People of those He advocates for, intercedes for. When their sins were charged unto Him, His righteousness was made theirs 2 Cor 5:21

1 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The condition of being made the righteousness of God in Him is simply this, Him having been made sin for us.

For those He advocates for Hes their Righteousness, hence the Prophet writes centuries ago Jer 33:16

In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousness.

This is their Righteousness even while in a unconverted state of unbelief, and estrangement from God. Jesus Christ the Righteous can Advocate their cause before the Throne of Gods Law and Justice when theyre sinning sinners because Hes paid their sin debt in full, and His Righteousness has been charged to them as a free gift of His Grace. The free gift of righteousness Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousnessshall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ[The Righteous])[/FONT]

Nanja

His Advocacy is efficacious and saving !

This is a fact because His Advocacy work is based upon Justice having been satisfied, their sin debt paid in full. Now His Name who is their Advocate indicates the saving effectual merit of His advocacy. Jesus Christ the Righteous 1Jn 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

His very Name Jesus is linked to His saving purpose to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now His Advocacy work is part of that Promise, wherein as Advocate He has a efficacious saving Intercession Heb 7:24-25

24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Here His Saving them to the utmost is linked to Him ever living to make intercession for them !

Also if you remember the word advocate in 1 Jn 2:1 the greek word paraklétos does also mean:

(a) an advocate, intercessor, (b) a consoler, comforter, helper, (c) Paraclete.,

one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor: Philo, de mund. opif. § 59; de Josepho § 40; in Flaccum §§ 3 and 4; so of Christ, in his exaltation at God's right hand, pleading with God the Father for the pardon of our sins, 1 John 2:1

Understand something, no one Christ is an advocate for can be Lost, its against His Names Sake !

Amen ! Christ as High Priest and Surety for His Church [God's Elect] in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, continues forever as their High Priest and Intercessor, an unchangeable Priesthood as their Surety Heb. 7:22 and Mediator Heb. 8:6. And so because He, their Head, Lives forever to make intercession for them Heb. 7:25, each one of His Body Chosen in Him to be holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4 shall also be made Alive Spiritually; regenerated, born of the Spirit of God in the day of His Power Ps. 110:1-4 KJV.

beloved57

Nanja

Christ as High Priest and Surety for His Church [God's Elect] in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, continues forever as their High Priest and Intercessor, an unchangeable Priesthood as their Surety

Amen Sister. David was Blessed to See this Priesthood Ps 110:1-4

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Also this scripture in this Psalm is indicative that David was given Faith in Christ !

genuineoriginal

TOL's most extreme Calvinists have provided these two verses for us.

Hebrews 7:25
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.​

1 John 2:1
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:​

These two verses completely destroy T.U.L.I.P. or, The Five Points of Calvinism

T - Total Depravity
That means simply MAN is DEAD. The Bible says that you and I are dead in trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1-6) unless we are born again. DEAD!!! More than that, the man or woman who is dead in sin hates God, and his "carnal mind" is "enmity against God" (Rom. 8:7). His will is stubbornly steeled against God.​
One of the verse states "If and man sin", showing that man is not dead in trespasses and sins. Also, Jesus is making intercession and being our advocate before God in order to prevent the judgment of death from coming upon us.

U - Unconditional Election
This means simply: God chooses to give some people eternal life, without looking for anything good in them as a condition for loving and saving them.
Before any man or woman is born -- in fact, before the world was made -- God decided who would go to heaven and who would not. Before they did good or bad, God chose some to be His people and rejected others.​
Both verses show that Jesus is having to make intercession and be our advocate before God, showing that man has not been chosen for eternal life before the world was made.

I - Irresistible Grace
The fourth Biblical truth in the five points of Calvinism teaches that God's grace to save a person cannot be resisted. Grace is God's free and unmerited power to save a person from his sins which would otherwise lead us to hell. Grace brings him to heaven who naturally would end in eternal hell.​
Both verses show that Jesus is having to make intercession and be our advocate before God, showing that God's grace towards man is dependent on the arguments that Jesus uses to get God to excuse our sins.

P - Preservation of the Saints
The last of the five points of Calvinism teaches that God preserves His people so they can never be lost. To put it simply, it means this: "Once you are saved, you are always saved."​
Both verses show that Jesus is having to make intercession and be our advocate before God, showing that the preservation of the saints depends on whether Jesus chooses to intercede for us or not.

Nanja

Nanja

Amen Sister. David was Blessed to See this Priesthood Ps 110:1-4

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Also this scripture in this Psalm is indicative that David was given Faith in Christ !

So True Brother ! Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22. That's the Day of Christ's Power when His Spirit was sent to David to give him New Life. It was only then, that David was Blessed to See Christ's Priesthood, because it's only once a person is Born into the Kingdom by New Birth is he made able to See [Gr. eidō; know, i.e. get knowledge of, understand, perceive] the Kingdom of God:

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nanja

beloved 57

This is their Righteousness even while in a unconverted state of unbelief, and estrangement from God. Jesus Christ the Righteous can Advocate their cause before the Throne of Gods Law and Justice when theyre sinning sinners because Hes paid their sin debt in full, and His Righteousness has been charged to them as a free gift of His Grace. The free gift of righteousness Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousnessshall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ[The Righteous])

Amen ! As Advocate with the Father for all His Seed, God's Elect Eph. 1:4, Jesus Christ the Righteous 1 John 2:1 perfectly satisfied God's Law and Justice by His Perfect Obedience to the Father on their behalf.

Rom. 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many [God's Elect] be made righteous.

[dikaios: observing divine laws; innocent, faultless, guiltless; approved of or acceptable of God]

Therefore, made Righteous: Totally Justified in God's sight.

Rom. 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.