We have a advocate with the Father

beloved57

1 Jn 2:1-2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Now who is the the Apostle specifically addressing here ? And what is an advocate. The Apostle is specifically addressing his little children, meaning converts, jewish believers converted by the Gospel through his ministry. The words my little children signify an endearment towards them.

They're similar as to when Paul said this to some Gal 4:19

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 Cor 4:15

For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel

Now what is an Advocate ? Its the word paraklētos:

1. summoned, called to one's side, esp. called to one's aid
    1. one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate
    2. one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor See Job 16:21
      1. of Christ in his exaltation at God's right hand, pleading with God the Father for the pardon of our sins

Lets look at the words here "one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate"

When ever a believer sins, which will be all the time while here in this body of death, they have a legal counsel for defense, one who has for them been exalted to the right hand of God the Father, the Judge, to plea their defense, which is His Shed Blood for them. This Blood protects them, shields them from Gods awful wrath, and condemnation for their sins.

God the Judge has been satisfied for them, because He bare their iniquities Isa 53:11

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Notice also here the Prophet calls Jesus the Righteous Servant, and notice what Jesus is called in 1 Jn 2:1 as Advocate :

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

His Advocacy and defense of them is that He satisfied Gods Law and Justice for them by bearing their sins, hence Justifying them, declaring them righteous ! Thats His Meritorious defense for everyone of them when they sin !

john w

Hall of Fame

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Now who is the the Apostle specifically addressing here ? And what is an advocate. The Apostle is specifically addressing his little children, meaning converts, jewish believers converted by the Gospel through his ministry. The words my little children signify an endearment towards them.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel

1. one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate
      1. of Christ in his exaltation at God's right hand, pleading with God the Father for the pardon of our sins

Lets look at the words here "one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate"

When ever a believer sins, which will be all the time while here in this body of death, they have a legal counsel for defense, one who has for them been exalted to the right hand of God the Father, the Judge, to plea their defense, which is His Shed Blood for them. This Blood protects them, shields them from Gods awful wrath, and condemnation for their sins.

God the Judge has been satisfied for them, because He bare their iniquities Isa 53:11

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Notice also here the Prophet calls Jesus the Righteous Servant, and notice what Jesus is called in 1 Jn 2:1 as Advocate :

His Advocacy and defense of them is that He satisfied Gods Law and Justice for them by bearing their sins, hence Justifying them, declaring them righteous ! Thats His Meritorious defense for everyone of them when they sin !
Not all scripture is written about you, thief, robber, of others' mail:

1 John 2:1 KJV

A parent first teaches his child to "sin not."

These are not lost people, sinners, for...

...we have an advocate with the Father,...

It does not say "High Priest"-it says "advocate."

Sinners need a Saviour, a High Priest, not an advocate.
The Lord Jesus Christ is only an advocate for God the Father's children, whether it be the believing remnant, the little flock, of the nation Israel, or the boc.

That being said, the context of this address is to future "tribulation" saints, "the little flock," not to members of the body of Christ, during the "Great Trib," when they will be supernaturally empowered,much like the "for taste" at Pentecost...

Hebrews 6:5 KJV

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

...., "born again," under the blessings of the New Covenant, not to sin:

1 John 3 KJV

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Survey Ez. 36 KJV...

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Survey Jer. 31 KJV...

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

1 John 2

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

Compare-And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour,

1 John 3:9 KJV

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him : and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

To whom is John speaking? The audience?

"his seed remaineth in him"

Is this "seed" the word of God? 1 Peter 1:23 KJV?

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever."

But 1 John 3:9 says "his seed,"i.e., referring to that person's own seed.

Details of the book matter...

Gen 17 KJV

19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Details-pay attention to "first mention." This is the first mention in the book of the words "his seed," and 1 John 3:9 KJV, is the last mention. Details matter.

Some of the other verses with the words "his seed" are Jeremiah 3:9 KJV, Luke 1:55 KJV, Acts 7:6 KJV, Romans 4:13 KJV.

The normal usage of "his seed" in both the OT and NT, refer to a man's seed, as in, his sperm, or his offspring.

Arguing that "his seed" in 1 John 3:9 KJV refers to the word of God seems a "stretch"-it does not seem consistent with it's normal usage in the book.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

Any other men in the book,whose seed will remain in them?

Rev 14:3-5 KJV

And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

The 144,000 during the "Great Trib"will have their seed remaining in them, for they are virgins.

Get it?

They are "without fault before the throne of God."

This would explain 1 John 3:9 KJV.

John's epistles-aimed at Jews, who would have entered the Great Trib period, during John's time, if the nation Israel had accepted the Lord Jesus as the Messiah, the Christ.

The 2,000+ year interim period that we are in now was not seen by John.He very well could have been preparing the Jews for the tribulation, thinking it would happen very soon.

As an aside...Survey:

John 1:47 KJV

Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

? I thought the Lord Jesus Christ was the only person, who was walking the earth, during the events of John 1, in whom there was no guile! No, He was speaking in His role, as the prophet, "seeing" the future believing remnant, represented by "Nate,"in the mil. k., experiencing both the physical and spiritual blessing of the NC-resurrected bodies, on earth, having the ability not to sin.

"Rightly divide" the word of truth-understand what is written to members of the boc, and what is written specifically for another audience.

I know, I know.....Let the boos begin, rain down on you, MAD wacko dispensationalist, bible chopper....cherry picker....bible stripper, John W......You are so mean spirited, intolerant, unloving, belligerent, not being led by the Spirit......We will pray for you...

And the beat goes on,.....La de da de de...

Well, after hearing the bleachers boo, I could go for a little "spirit".......Perhaps a Miller Light, or gin and tonic....

Carry on...

beloved57

Not all scripture is written about you, thief, robber, of others' mail:

1 John 2:1 KJV

A parent first teaches his child to "sin not."

These are not lost people, sinners, for...

...we have an advocate with the Father,...

It does not say "High Priest"-it says "advocate."

Sinners need a Saviour, a High Priest, not an advocate.
The Lord Jesus Christ is only an advocate for God the Father's children, whether it be the believing remnant, the little flock, of the nation Israel, or the boc.

That being said, the context of this address is to future "tribulation" saints, "the little flock," not to members of the body of Christ, during the "Great Trib," when they will be supernaturally empowered,much like the "for taste" at Pentecost...

Hebrews 6:5 KJV

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

...., "born again," under the blessings of the New Covenant, not to sin:

1 John 3 KJV

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Survey Ez. 36 KJV...

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Survey Jer. 31 KJV...

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

1 John 2

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

Compare-And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour,

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him : and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

To whom is John speaking? The audience?

"his seed remaineth in him"

Is this "seed" the word of God? 1 Peter 1:23 KJV?

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever."

But 1 John 3:9 says "his seed,"i.e., referring to that person's own seed.

Details of the book matter...

Gen 17 KJV

19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Details-pay attention to "first mention." This is the first mention in the book of the words "his seed," and 1 John 3:9 KJV, is the last mention. Details matter.

Some of the other verses with the words "his seed" are Jeremiah 3:9 KJV, Luke 1:55 KJV, Acts 7:6 KJV, Romans 4:13 KJV.

The normal usage of "his seed" in both the OT and NT, refer to a man's seed, as in, his sperm, or his offspring.

Arguing that "his seed" in 1 John 3:9 KJV refers to the word of God seems a "stretch"-it does not seem consistent with it's normal usage in the book.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

Any other men in the book,whose seed will remain in them?

Rev 14:3-5 KJV

And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

The 144,000 during the "Great Trib"will have their seed remaining in them, for they are virgins.

Get it?

They are "without fault before the throne of God."

This would explain 1 John 3:9 KJV.

John's epistles-aimed at Jews, who would have entered the Great Trib period, during John's time, if the nation Israel had accepted the Lord Jesus as the Messiah, the Christ.

The 2,000+ year interim period that we are in now was not seen by John.He very well could have been preparing the Jews for the tribulation, thinking it would happen very soon.

As an aside...Survey:

John 1:47 KJV

Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

? I thought the Lord Jesus Christ was the only person, who was walking the earth, during the events of John 1, in whom there was no guile! No, He was speaking in His role, as the prophet, "seeing" the future believing remnant, represented by "Nate,"in the mil. k., experiencing both the physical and spiritual blessing of the NC-resurrected bodies, on earth, having the ability not to sin.

"Rightly divide" the word of truth-understand what is written to members of the boc, and what is written specifically for another audience.

I know, I know.....Let the boos begin, rain down on you, MAD wacko dispensationalist, bible chopper....cherry picker....bible stripper, John W......You are so mean spirited, intolerant, unloving, belligerent, not being led by the Spirit......We will pray for you...

And the beat goes on,.....La de da de de...

Well, after hearing the bleachers boo, I could go for a little "spirit".......Perhaps a Miller Light, or gin and tonic....

Carry on...
Rabbit trail!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

john w

Hall of Fame
Rabbit trail!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

=666th time of her spamming "Rabbit trail!" this year.

Translation: You responded within 5 seconds of me posting, which means, as is your MO on TOL, you did not read it, much less analyze it, as you never read what other members post, and just load up your copy'npate spam gun, and spam away, with spam like the above.

Weighty.

genuineoriginal

This proves that no person was predestinated to be one of the elect, since Jesus has to interceed for each of us.

genuineoriginal

We would not need Jesus to be an advocate with the Father if we were already predestined for salvation.
Good job at destroying the Five Points of Calvinism with a single verse.
:thumb:

beloved57

=666th time of her spamming "Rabbit trail!" this year.

Translation: You responded within 5 seconds of me posting, which means, as is your MO on TOL, you did not read it, much less analyze it, as you never read what other members post, and just load up your copy'npate spam gun, and spam away, with spam like the above.

Weighty.

More rabbit trail

Nanja

Amen Brother !

All God's wrath has been appeased for the Elect of God, the Many Mark 10:45 He has given to Christ John 10:29 to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7. And He is their Advocate with the Father even while they are sinning, and in an unbelieving state, because His Blood has completely satisfied God's Law and Justice on their behalf Rom. 5:9-10.

Heb. 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

beloved57

What about unbelievers, are they beneficiaries of Christ Advocacy work ? Most certainly if they're of Christ's Sheep, they which shall hear His voice and follow Him. See all Christs Sheep shall believe Jn 10:16, and the only reason why some wont never believe is because they're not of Christ's Sheepfold ! Jesus prays for His unbelieving Sheep here Jn 17:20

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Thats because Christ bare their sins and satisfied the Justice of the Father Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
That word satisfied is the word saba` and means:

1. to be satisfied, be sated, be fulfilled, be surfeited
    1. (Qal)
      1. to be sated (with food)
      2. to be sated, be satisfied with, be fulfilled, be filled, have one's fill of (have desire satisfied)
      3. to have in excess, be surfeited, be surfeited with

The Idea here s that Gods Law and Justice as it regards them Christ knew and bare their iniquties, that it has been fully, completely paid in full.

In fact God for them because of Christs sacrifice has been fully propitiated 1 Jn 2:1-2

That word propitiation means :

1. an appeasing, propitiating
        2. the means of appeasing, a propitiation

An to appease means:

to satisfy, allay, or relieve; assuage:

And thats what Isa 53:11 the word satisfied is all about.

Christ is the Advocate for everyone He fully satisfied Gods Law and Justice for, whether believer already or unbeliever who shall be a believer !

john w

Hall of Fame
What about unbelievers, are they beneficiaries of Christ Advocacy work ? Most certainly if they're of Christ's Sheep, they which shall hear His voice and follow Him. See all Christs Sheep shall believe Jn 10:16, and the only reason why some wont never believe is because they're not of Christ's Sheepfold ! Jesus prays for His unbelieving Sheep here Jn 17:20

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Thats because Christ bare their sins and satisfied the Justice of the Father Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

1. (Qal)
      2. to be sated, be satisfied with, be fulfilled, be filled, have one's fill of (have desire satisfied)

The Idea here s that Gods Law and Justice as it regards them Christ knew and bare their iniquties, that it has been fully, completely paid in full.

In fact God for them because of Christs sacrifice has been fully propitiated 1 Jn 2:1-2

An to appease means:

Christ is the Advocate for everyone He fully satisfied Gods Law and Justice for, whether believer already or unbeliever who shall be a believer !

Rabbit trail. Spam.

You say Christ died for everyone.

How'd I do?

genuineoriginal

Heb. 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
We would not need Jesus to make intercession for us if we were already predestined for salvation.
Good job at destroying the Five Points of Calvinism with a single verse.
:thumb:

Nanja

1. (Qal)

An to appease means:

Amen, very well explained !

beloved57
What about unbelievers, are they beneficiaries of Christ Advocacy work ? Most certainly if they're of Christ's Sheep, they which shall hear His voice and follow Him. See all Christs Sheep shall believe Jn 10:16, and the only reason why some wont never believe is because they're not of Christ's Sheepfold !

So true ! God has not been propitiated for the sins of the goats Mat. 25:41, and as a result, they are predestined to hell; condemned already, which is why they won't ever be given Faith Gal. 5:22 KJV to believe on Christ.

John 3:18, 36

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

beloved57

His Advocacy is efficacious and saving !

This is a fact because His Advocacy work is based upon Justice having been satisfied, their sin debt paid in full. Now His Name who is their Advocate indicates the saving effectual merit of His advocacy. Jesus Christ the Righteous 1Jn 2:1

His very Name Jesus is linked to His saving purpose to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now His Advocacy work is part of that Promise, wherein as Advocate He has a efficacious saving Intercession Heb 7:24-25

24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Here His Saving them to the utmost is linked to Him ever living to make intercession for them !

Also if you remember the word advocate in 1 Jn 2:1 the greek word paraklétos does also mean:

(a) an advocate, intercessor, (b) a consoler, comforter, helper, (c) Paraclete.,

one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor: Philo, de mund. opif. § 59; de Josepho § 40; in Flaccum §§ 3 and 4; so of Christ, in his exaltation at God's right hand, pleading with God the Father for the pardon of our sins, 1 John 2:1

Understand something, no one Christ is an advocate for can be Lost, its against His Names Sake !

john w

Hall of Fame
His Advocacy is efficacious and saving !

This is a fact because His Advocacy work is based upon Justice having been satisfied, their sin debt paid in full. Now His Name who is their Advocate indicates the saving effectual merit of His advocacy. Jesus Christ the Righteous 1Jn 2:1

His very Name Jesus is linked to His saving purpose to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now His Advocacy work is part of that Promise, wherein as Advocate He has a efficacious saving Intercession Heb 7:24-25

24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Here His Saving them to the utmost is linked to Him ever living to make intercession for them !

Also if you remember the word advocate in 1 Jn 2:1 the greek word paraklétos does also mean:

(a) an advocate, intercessor, (b) a consoler, comforter, helper, (c) Paraclete.,

one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor: Philo, de mund. opif. § 59; de Josepho § 40; in Flaccum §§ 3 and 4; so of Christ, in his exaltation at God's right hand, pleading with God the Father for the pardon of our sins, 1 John 2:1

Understand something, no one Christ is an advocate for can be Lost, its against His Names Sake !

Rabbit trail. You do not believe in the gospel of Christ.

How'd I do?