We Are All Born Sinners

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Why didn't you answer my question?

I said
I thought I did. Does this help you

Luke 23:27-29
27 And a great multitude of the people followed Him, and women who also mourned and lamented Him.
28 But Jesus, turning to them, said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.
29 "For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, wombs that never bore, and breasts which never nursed!'
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

I said
I thought I did. Does this help you

No!

Do you really think that this passage is speaking about someone who is created spiritually dead?

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well" (Ps.139:13-14).​

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No!

Do you really think that this passage is speaking about someone who is created spiritually dead?

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well" (Ps.139:13-14).​

I said
I don't get into talking much about the old testament it is useless.

2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said

ABOUT THE OLD TESTAMENT
FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Gal 4:4-5
4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
1 Cor 10:1-12
1 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
3 all ate the same spiritual food,
4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Titus 3:9
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
(NKJ)

Bard_the_Bowman

I said
Your all locked into that carnal logic. And don't seem to understand. They had all been listening to Jesus talk before anything was written.

Who are the all that you are referring to?

The twelve apostles? Sure.

All Christians. No way. They didn't all live that closely with Him, or may have heard Him on some occasion or other, or may have converted to Christianity without having ever heard Him speak at all.

The apostles all had parchments about Jesus before the bible was ever written.

Wait. Because Paul tells Timothy to bring him parchments... you conclude that all of the apostles had parchments and that what was written was about Jesus?

You are guessing.

You have once again shown how you go against your own rule to not go beyond what is written.

You profess that rule....but you yourself do not even live by it.

The text doesn't say that all the apostles had them and it doesn't say what was written on them or even if anything was written on them.

So can you explain how you know that all of the apostles had them and that they were writings about Jesus?

We could just as easily guess that they were blank parchments for Paul because he was fixing to do some more writing. Some scholars have suggested that perhaps they were Paul's own personal copies of the Old Testament, but even they will admit that we don't know. The biblical text doesn't say.

So you are guessing to say that they were about Jesus.

(I think you would call that "carnal logic".)

And people that cant read can listen. And even now there are tapes that people can listen to that cant read

Oh, I agree. But they couldn't listen to the Holy Spirit quoting the New Testament verses to them because none of the books of the New Testament were written for about a decade....10 full years....after Jesus' Ascension.

So how did those early Christians hear the Holy Spirit only quoting verses to them?

They didn't. They couldn't have. There was no New Testament at that time.

Peace.

2 Tim 4:13
13 Bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas when you come-- and the books, especially the parchments.
(NKJ)[/QUOTE]

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Who are the all that you are referring to?

The twelve apostles? Sure.

All Christians. No way. They didn't all live that closely with Him, or may have heard Him on some occasion or other, or may have converted to Christianity without having ever heard Him speak at all.

Wait. Because Paul tells Timothy to bring him parchments... you conclude that all of the apostles had parchments and that what was written was about Jesus?

You are guessing.

You have once again shown how you go against your own rule to not go beyond what is written.

You profess that rule....but you yourself do not even live by it.

The text doesn't say that all the apostles had them and it doesn't say what was written on them or even if anything was written on them.

So can you explain how you know that all of the apostles had them and that they were writings about Jesus?

We could just as easily guess that they were blank parchments for Paul because he was fixing to do some more writing. Some scholars have suggested that perhaps they were Paul's own personal copies of the Old Testament, but even they will admit that we don't know. The biblical text doesn't say.

So you are guessing to say that they were about Jesus.

I said
ROFLOL You the one doing the wild guessing here. And what evidence do you have that they wasn't all about Jesus. Do you think some of them were machanics manuels?????????????

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said

John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
(NKJ)

John 3:5-7
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
(NKJ)

way 2 go

I said

John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
(NKJ)

John 3:5-7
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
(NKJ)

why ?

Bard_the_Bowman

I said
ROFLOL You the one doing the wild guessing here. And what evidence do you have that they wasn't all about Jesus. Do you think some of them were machanics manuels?????????????

Squeaky,

You claim to know that the parchments Paul speaks of in 2 Timothy 4:13 were writings about Jesus.

Just one direct question:

How do you know that?

Peace.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So if an infant is not born again by the gospel before he dies then he will not enter the kingdom of God?

I said
I would be careful with that logic. You will have people killing babies thinking they can get them into heaven. Or justifying abortion.

Bard_the_Bowman

Hey Squeaky,

How about a sentence starter so I can get my question answered by you?

Bard,

I know that all of the apostles had parchments that were about Jesus because........(you fill in the rest, Squeaky)

Peace.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We Are All Born Sinners

Not since the cross. He is not imputing my trespasses to me. I was still born with out life. I received it and was saved when I trusted him. And because I trust the Lord Jesus Christ, I confess his name. Let me check if you mention the cross in your opening post....nope.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Not since the cross. He is not imputing my trespasses to me. I was still born with out life. I received it and was saved when I trusted him. And because I trust the Lord Jesus Christ, I confess his name. Let me check if you mention the cross in your opening post....nope.

I said
That doesn't make any sense. How were you born without life?