Water cooler online

dialm

BANNED
Banned
What kind of a god would claim to know everything about you, make a commitment to you then reject you?

That is no god.

Our God knows us before we were born. Our God has counted every hair on our heads. He knows everything about us. And He loves us. And He has made a commitment to us. A heavenly, sacred marriage commitment. Our God is never going to leave us or forsake us for any reason.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What kind of a god would claim to know everything about you, make a commitment to you then reject you?

That is no god.

Our God knows us before we were born. Our God has counted every hair on our heads. He knows everything about us. And He loves us. And He has made a commitment to us. A heavenly, sacred marriage commitment. Our God is never going to leave us or forsake us for any reason.

Hebrews 13:5 KJV - 1 Kings 8:57 KJV - Psalm 27:9 KJV -

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Just think about this

Where are the most nonCalvinists located?

Heaven
Hell
other

Go ahead. Be honest.
I cannot say for certain where "Calvinists" are located. I am surprised you are seemingly tuned into divine perfection and know the answer.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The popcorn stand has better theology.

The talk going around is that the popcorn is spiked. With a whole lot of Old Testament funny business. Such as

Is she or isn't she?

Is Israel saved or not?

One can never be sure. R-minimum frustration says that you must earn. So far she hasn't performed to expectation. So to the popcorn stand she sits. Serving her elixir. Looks like you are enjoying.

Let me ask you this

Did Old Testament Israel have any theological probs?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I cannot say for certain where "Calvinists" are located. I am surprised you are seemingly tuned into divine perfection and know the answer.

The Elect are the only ones entitled to Heaven. All others need not apply.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Bombs+Away.jpg

I like your post better than the OP!

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
What is said at the water cooler stays at the water cooler.

Interpretation

If you don't like Calvinists you are not going to like heaven.

This is what I refer to as 'glob theories". People who pass judgment on others for not being a Calvinist (or anything else for that matter) need some serious help understanding God's Word.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Elect are commanded to go out and raise the dead. We join with Christ in being given the power of resurrection. The world is a field of dry bones.

Will these bones live again?

Tell us about it AMR
It starts with understanding the state of the lost is being born in sin. When Adam sinned, all his progeny (us) sinned in Adam. This is where most error begins, the thinking that we are all "innocent" from birth, that the sin of Adam was not imputed to those that came after him. We need to remember we sin because we are sinners, and not that we are sinners because we sin.

Dry bones, indeed:

View attachment 20696
[Click to Enlarge]

Given that state of affairs...

View attachment 20698
[Click to Enlarge]

Sadly, this is the sort of spiritual CPR commonly believed:

View attachment 20691
[Click to Enlarge]

Why is this so? Well, the difference lies in how one views the man who is not yet born again from above:

View attachment 20692
[Click to Enlarge]

Taking the wrong approach leads to this sort of thinking:

View attachment 20693
[Click to Enlarge]

The biblical picture, however, is of a man at the bottom of the ocean in the Marianas trench, more than thirty-five thousand feet deep. The weight of the water on top of him is six tons for every square inch. He has been there for a thousand years and the sharks have eaten his heart. In other words, the man is dead and is totally unable to ask any lifeguard to save him. If he is to be saved, then a miracle must occur. He must be brought back to life and to the surface, and then he will not fail to ask the guard to rescue him.

And that is the picture of the sinner. He is dead in his sins and trespasses (Eph. 2:1, 5). He does not want to be made whole, let alone even know that he should be made whole. He is dead.

When Christ called to Lazarus to come out of the grave, Lazarus had no life in him so that he could hear, sit up, and emerge. There was not a flicker of life in him. If he was to be able to hear Jesus calling him and to go to Him, then Jesus would have to make him alive. Jesus did resurrect him and then Lazarus could respond.

These illustrations reveal the most central issue between the Arminian and the Calvinist, what Martin Luther even said was the hinge on which the whole Reformation turned. The Arminian—and I write kindly of him even though we find him outside the teachings of Scripture at this point—believes that Christ died for sin and that no man can make even the smallest contribution to the payment for his sins. So far, so good. “Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe.”

But the real nub of the matter is that the Arminian then goes on to say that the unsaved is able in his own strength, with an assist of the Holy Spirit, to ask Jesus to save him. And once he has asked, then he will be born again.

Generally, these folks have this sort of view about salvation:

View attachment 20700
[Click to Enlarge]

The biblical Calvinist, however, says no. The Arminian has the cart before the horse. Man is dead in sins and trespasses, not just sick or injured but nevertheless alive. No, the unsaved, the unregenerate, is spiritually dead (Ephesians 2). Then, once he is born again, he can for the first time turn to Jesus, in manifest sorrow for his sins, asking Jesus to save him.

View attachment 20697
[Click to Enlarge]

So the question is:

- Is God the author of redemption alone or also of faith?
- Does God contribute the substitutionary sacrifice of Christ, and man contribute his faith?
- Or is faith also a gifted instrument of God (Eph. 2:8)?
- Does salvation depend partly on God (the giving of Christ on the cross) or wholly on God (the giving of Christ to die for us plus the giving of our faith)?
- Does man keep just a little bit of glory for himself—claiming the ability to believe? Or does all the glory go to God?

The answer relates to God's glory, something He is very jealous to retain:

View attachment 20699
[Click to Enlarge]

AMR

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The Elect are the only ones entitled to Heaven. All others need not apply.
I’m not surprised. The Jesus in Revelation slaughters all the unfaithful until the blood spilled reaches the level of his horse’s bridle for a distance of 200 miles!

Clearly, this is a Jesus who does not walk his talk. This Jesus sprung from the imagination of John of Patmos. It is far from an accurate portrait.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
This is what I refer to as 'glob theories". People who pass judgment on others for not being a Calvinist (or anything else for that matter) need some serious help understanding God's Word.

Are you sure about that? Here let me borrow from brother PJ's verses and apply the text in this manner

R-minimum versus The Elect

Prayer comparison

R-minimum: Lord don't forsake me.
Answer: Maybe I will and maybe I won't.

The Elect: Lord don't forsake me.
Answer: I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.

Now I ask you
Which answer makes you feel like a blob?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I’m not surprised. The Jesus in Revelation slaughters all the unfaithful until the blood spilled reaches the level of his horse’s bridle for a distance of 200 miles!

Clearly, this is a Jesus who does not walk his talk. This Jesus sprung from the imagination of John of Patmos. It is far from an accurate portrait.

I will discuss this in an honest and open manner in some other thread. It is worthy of discussion. But it is not in keeping with this particular thread.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

The unfaithful that fight and oppose God. I say, lay waste to them.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
It starts with understanding the state of the lost is being born in sin. When Adam sinned, all his progeny (us) sinned in Adam. This is where most error begins, the thinking that we are all "innocent" from birth, that the sin of Adam was not imputed to those that came after him. We need to remember we sin because we are sinners, and not that we are sinners because we sin.

Dry bones, indeed:

View attachment 20696
[Click to Enlarge]

Given that state of affairs...

View attachment 20698
[Click to Enlarge]

Sadly, this is the sort of spiritual CPR commonly believed:

View attachment 20691
[Click to Enlarge]

Why is this so? Well, the difference lies in how one views the man who is not yet born again from above:

View attachment 20692
[Click to Enlarge]

Taking the wrong approach leads to this sort of thinking:

View attachment 20693
[Click to Enlarge]

The biblical picture, however, is of a man at the bottom of the ocean in the Marianas trench, more than thirty-five thousand feet deep. The weight of the water on top of him is six tons for every square inch. He has been there for a thousand years and the sharks have eaten his heart. In other words, the man is dead and is totally unable to ask any lifeguard to save him. If he is to be saved, then a miracle must occur. He must be brought back to life and to the surface, and then he will not fail to ask the guard to rescue him.

And that is the picture of the sinner. He is dead in his sins and trespasses (Eph. 2:1, 5). He does not want to be made whole, let alone even know that he should be made whole. He is dead.

When Christ called to Lazarus to come out of the grave, Lazarus had no life in him so that he could hear, sit up, and emerge. There was not a flicker of life in him. If he was to be able to hear Jesus calling him and to go to Him, then Jesus would have to make him alive. Jesus did resurrect him and then Lazarus could respond.

These illustrations reveal the most central issue between the Arminian and the Calvinist, what Martin Luther even said was the hinge on which the whole Reformation turned. The Arminian—and I write kindly of him even though we find him outside the teachings of Scripture at this point—believes that Christ died for sin and that no man can make even the smallest contribution to the payment for his sins. So far, so good. “Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe.”

But the real nub of the matter is that the Arminian then goes on to say that the unsaved is able in his own strength, with an assist of the Holy Spirit, to ask Jesus to save him. And once he has asked, then he will be born again.

Generally, these folks have this sort of view about salvation:

View attachment 20700
[Click to Enlarge]

The biblical Calvinist, however, says no. The Arminian has the cart before the horse. Man is dead in sins and trespasses, not just sick or injured but nevertheless alive. No, the unsaved, the unregenerate, is spiritually dead (Ephesians 2). Then, once he is born again, he can for the first time turn to Jesus, in manifest sorrow for his sins, asking Jesus to save him.

View attachment 20697
[Click to Enlarge]

So the question is:

- Is God the author of redemption alone or also of faith?
- Does God contribute the substitutionary sacrifice of Christ, and man contribute his faith?
- Or is faith also a gifted instrument of God (Eph. 2:8)?
- Does salvation depend partly on God (the giving of Christ on the cross) or wholly on God (the giving of Christ to die for us plus the giving of our faith)?
- Does man keep just a little bit of glory for himself—claiming the ability to believe? Or does all the glory go to God?

The answer relates to God's glory, something He is very jealous to retain:

View attachment 20699
[Click to Enlarge]

AMR

Very good information AMR. So as a believing Calvinist I would like to understand something

When a Calvinist witnesses to the lost it isn't in vain. Is that right?