Was the Man Christ Jesus before Adam ?

beloved57

1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Was Christ Jesus the Man the Mediator for Adam ?

I believe the scripture supports the idea that Christ Jesus the Mediator existed before Adam, even before the highest parts of the earth came into being Prov 8:22-31

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

So I cant see men in Adam not having a Mediator, which would be the Man Christ Jesus . Remember its written Heb 13:8

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Nanja

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

I believe the scripture supports the idea that Christ Jesus the Mediator existed before Adam, even before the highest parts of the earth came into being Prov 8:22-31

[FONT=&]22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:[/FONT]
[FONT=&]26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:[/FONT]
[FONT=&]28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:[/FONT]
[FONT=&]29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:[/FONT]
[FONT=&]30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;[/FONT]
[FONT=&]31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

So I cant see men in Adam not having a Mediator, which would be the Man Christ Jesus . Remember its written Heb 13:8

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.[/FONT]

Amen Brother ! Christ was possessed of the Father Prov. 8:22 before any Creative Act was put forth, including Adam.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Adam and his original posterity [before the fall] consisted exclusively of God's Elect, the sons of men whom He delighted in before time Prov. 8:31, the Justified World of 2 Cor. 5:19 Father had Chosen In Union with Christ to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7; that is, non-imputation of sin to them, but charged instead to Christ their Mediator / Surety Heb. 7:22 in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Heb. 13:20, whereby Christ the Lamb, in the Eternal Purpose of God Eph. 3:11 was Slain from the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8b. Therefore, even from Everlasting they were reconciled to God by Christ their Mediator's Blood.

Rom. 5:8-10

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

beloved57

Adam was made in the image of God, and Christ is the Image of God Gen 1:26-27

[FONT=&quot]And [/FONT]God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish ofthe sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

[FONT=&quot]So [/FONT]God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Now Christ is the Image of God 2 Cor 4:4

[FONT=&quot]In whom the [/FONT]god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Col 1:15

[FONT=&quot]Who is the [/FONT]image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature

So Christ must have existed before Adam if Adam was made in His Image !

Nanja

Adam was made in the image of God, and Christ is the Image of God Gen 1:26-27

[FONT="]And [/FONT][/COLOR][B]God said,[U] Let us make man in our [/U][B][U]image, after our likeness:[/U] and let them have dominion over the fish [B]ofthe sea, and over the fowl [B]of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.[/B][/B][/B][/B]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]So [/FONT]
God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Now Christ is the Image of God 2 Cor 4:4

[FONT="]In whom the [/FONT][/COLOR][B]god [B]of this world hath blinded the minds [B]of them which believe not, lest the light [B]of the glorious gospel [B]of [U]Christ, who is the [/U][B][U]image [/U][B][U]of [/U][B][U]God[/U], should shine unto them.

[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
Col 1:15

[U][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Who is the [/FONT]
[/U]image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature

So Christ must have existed before Adam if Adam was made in His Image !

Amen, He surely did ! Christ was / is the Man in whose Image Adam was Made.

The Likeness Adam took on as a man, was formed after the already existing Image of the God Man Mediator Christ Jesus.

1 Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So Adam took on the same form of a man as was the figure of Christ.

And this account in Ex. 24:9-11 clearly describes the human form of God the Son that the elders of Israel saw !

Truster

This is just another attempt to insinuate that man is eternally justified and is never under the condemnation of the law and so never under wrath.

Whichever way you dress it, it is still a lie.

Dartman

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
Proverbs 8 is about Wisdom .... not Jesus. Granted, Jesus was wise, so there IS overlap.

Job made it impeccably clear, there WAS no Mediator in the OT

Job 9:32-33 "For He is not a man as I am that I may answer Him, That we may go to court together. 33 "There is no umpire between us, Who may lay his hand upon us both. NASU

Job 9:32-33 "He is not a man like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court. 33 If only there were someone to arbitrate between us, to lay his hand upon us both, NIV

God DID provide prophets and priests, but no mediator until God exalted Jesus of Nazareth to be the Christ.

beloved57

dartman

Proverbs 8 is about Wisdom

I know, its about the wisdom of God 1 Cor 1:24

24 [FONT=&quot]But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.[/FONT]

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is just another attempt to insinuate that man is eternally justified and is never under the condemnation of the law and so never under wrath.

Whichever way you dress it, it is still a lie.
Indeed

AMR

beloved57

To suppose that men before Christ was manifested in the flesh didn't have a mediator, which is Christ Jesus, is to say men weren't saved or justified before Christ was manifested. Christ, the Son of God existed before His Incarnation, just hadn't yet been manifested 1 Jn 3:8

[FONT=&quot]He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the [/FONT]Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

The word manifested is the greek word phaneroó and means:

to make visible, make clear
Usage: [FONT=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I make clear ([/FONT]visible, manifest), make known[FONT=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If Christ the Man Mediator didnt exist afore time, if men were Justified before God back then it was without Christ, 2hich would seem to contradict Jesus in Jn 14:6

[/FONT]6 [FONT=&quot]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.[/FONT]

beloved57

If Jesus Christ wasnt the GodMan Mediator for Adam, then 1 Tim 2:5 would be inaccurate since men began in Adam

5 [FONT=&quot]For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;[/FONT]

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The exalted title ‘The Christ’ was not applied to Jesus until decades after his death.

The word means “annointed.” It refers to the blessing of a military king or warrior who would lead Israel to a military victory over their conquerors.

Jesus did not announce that he came to die on a cross for human sin.
He clearly said he was here to free the captives, preach the Kingdom of God in parables and call people to repentance.

Nanja

To suppose that men before Christ was manifested in the flesh didn't have a mediator, which is Christ Jesus, is to say men weren't saved or justified before Christ was manifested. Christ, the Son of God existed before His Incarnation, just hadn't yet been manifested 1 Jn 3:8

[FONT="]He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose [U]the [/U][/FONT][/COLOR][B][U]Son of [/U]God was [B][U]manifested[/U], that he might destroy the works of the devil.[/B][/B]

The word manifested is the greek word [COLOR=#0066AA][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto]phaneroó and means:

[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=#0066AA][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto][B]to make visible,[/B] make clear[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0066AA][FONT=Arial]Usage: [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#001320]I make clear ([/COLOR][/FONT][B]visible, manifest), make known[/B][FONT=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#001320].[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#001320]If Christ the Man Mediator didnt exist afore time, if men were Justified before God back then it was without Christ, 2hich would seem to contradict Jesus in Jn 14:6

[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]6 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.[/FONT]

Surely all God's Elect, including Adam their Federal Head, were Chosen of the Father In Union with [or within] Christ before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:3-4.

And by that Union, Christ Jesus was recognized as being their Head / Mediator Man 1 Tim. 2:5 before He was manifested in the flesh.

2 Tim. 1:9-10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: