ECT Was Adam a free man upon his being created by God?

Spitfire

Absolutely. Before the fall, he (and Eve) also possessed a quality of integrity that meant their flesh did not fight against or override their rational will as ours does.

Cross Reference

Absolutely. Before the fall, he (and Eve) also possessed a quality of integrity that meant their flesh did not fight against or override their rational will as ours does.

But He indeed had to overcome that which sinlessness had no jurisdiction over, i.e., "vanity" to which He was unwillingly subjected to for the purpose of having to chose between what God commanded him not to do and what his natural inclinations dictated via Eve's enticement. FWIW, Jesus was also subjected to the same thing directly by Satan.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course he was. He was free and innocent. And then he rebelled by listening to his wife instead of God.

ttruscott

I contend that not only Adam and Eve but everyone who was created in the image of GOD must have been created ingenuously innocent with an ability to make free will decisions as the only consideration that fulfills HIS holy Name as the GOD who is love. All else misses the mark.

Starting with this as a base doctrine and interpreting all verses against this as the epitome of truth and you get a much different definition of reality than orthodoxy teaches which pays only lip service to HIS love and our creation.

Peace, Ted

Cross Reference

I contend that not only Adam and Eve but everyone who was created in the image of GOD must have been created ingenuously innocent with an ability to make free will decisions as the only consideration that fulfills HIS holy Name as the GOD who is love. All else misses the mark.

Starting with this as a base doctrine and interpreting all verses against this as the epitome of truth and you get a much different definition of reality than orthodoxy teaches which pays only lip service to HIS love and our creation.

Peace, Ted

Very good!! I wonder what else we might agree on or should I wait for the other shoe to drop?? ::):

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I contend that not only Adam and Eve but everyone who was created in the image of GOD must have been created ingenuously innocent with an ability to make free will decisions as the only consideration that fulfills HIS holy Name as the GOD who is love.

Nevertheless, death reigned from Adam to Moses. By one man's offense, judgment came to all men.

Cross Reference

Nevertheless, death reigned from Adam to Moses. By one man's offense, judgment came to all men.

1. True, however, I don't believe that answers to what he is saying.

2. Can you explain what you believe such "judgment" resulted in? If you believe all went to hell then please explain what you believe Hell to have been, considering there were both the righteous and the unrighteous who were made subject to death.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
<whatever>

That is how you should have started your thread. Adam was born free. All after him were born in bondage. You can not stand it. You want to do it yourself so people can say he did it. You just insist you are self righteous. Let you be accursed.

Cross Reference

That is how you should have started your thread. Adam was born free. All after him were born in bondage. You can not stand it. You want to do it yourself so people can say he did it. You just insist you are self righteous. Let you be accursed.

I haven't the foggiest idea what you are babbling about.

ttruscott

Judgement came, NOT sinfulness came!!! Judgment might come by their being sinful by their creation but since that is blasphemous to HIS good Name of Love, judgement could also come upon their own free will sin by their being born into ADAM'S JUDGEMENT ! which is actually what is said.

Peace, Ted

Cross Reference

Judgement came, NOT sinfulness came!!! Judgment might come by their being sinful by their creation but since that is blasphemous to HIS good Name of Love, judgement could also come upon their own free will sin by their being born into ADAM'S JUDGEMENT ! which is actually what is said.

Peace, Ted

What is Adam's judgment?