Unity of Messiah and Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

I'm just a garden variety idiot, and no genius like Interplanner, but if dying for sins was "built in" to the understanding of "The Christ", wouldn't "Christ died for your sins" be redundant?

I'll read "about" it and get back to; talk to you in about forty years :D

SaulToPaul 2

I can't talk "about" that just yet; I haven't even ordered the endless books "about" - which means the forty years haven't even begun, let alone; are up yet :D

It's interesting to me that Interplanner is a Daystar television kinda guy.
I pictured him more as a Hanegraeff kinda guy.

Interplanner

Just realized he long since stopped trying to make a positive case for preterism.

If you're referring to me, I do not think the 2nd coming happened in 70 AD. I have taught the observation of the allowance all the time I have been here.

What on earth does your grammatically-poor footer mean?

Why don't you put me on ignore so that you can have a nice day. I did not derail the topic yesterday, I countered views. That is ALLOWED. That's what debate is about. The rule of this forum as the title says is that the Bible must be appealed to as the declaration of God, not other sources.

Danoh

If you're referring to me, I do not think the 2nd coming happened in 70 AD. I have taught the observation of the allowance all the time I have been here.

What on earth does your grammatically-poor footer mean?

Why don't you put me on ignore so that you can have a nice day. I did not derail the topic yesterday, I countered views. That is ALLOWED. That's what debate is about. The rule of this forum as the title says is that the Bible must be appealed to as the declaration of God, not other sources.

Feel free to START quoting "the Bible."

dodge

Please do.

I thought The Christ simply meant the Annointed One?

STP, you are smarter and better than this.

1Jo 5:1
Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

Interplanner

STP, there would be no "Jesus is the Christ" if "Christ had not died for our sins".

Keep it up Dodge, the forces of neo-Judaism are trying their hardest. No wonder John's letter says that those who deny that Jesus (of Nazareth, the historic, crucified one) is the Christ are guess who. 2P2P should just come out and say it: there are two Christs. Why not? There's two of everything else!

john w

Hall of Fame
STP, there would be no "Jesus is the Christ" if "Christ had not died for our sins".

1.Show us, where in Matthew-John, prior to the dbr, where the content of faith required was the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. No speculation-chapter, verse.

2. When was Peter saved? And what did He believe, i.e., the content of faith, that saved him. No speculation-chapter, verse.

We will wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.