Under the Law or "In Christ"

Ben Masada

Romans 3

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Yes, I am aware of that one. Paul would establish the law only in his mind while in his flesh, he would continue under the servitude of sin. (Rom. 7:25) If no one could serve two masters, why would Paul be different?

Ben Masada

The laws were given because Adam disobeyed God and sinned and ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, the fruit of the tree of life is a result of the indwelling holy spirit of God within the heart which only attained by faith and through Jesus Christ.

Jesus came and did the job that Adam couldn't do, he never sinned and he is the way the truth and the life. There is no other way but through him.

So, Marhig, Jesus never sinned! How sure you are, as sure as faith can allow you to be? Have you ever heard about the Golden Rule? That's the Rule that goes: "Don't do unto others what you would not like they did unto yourself." This Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue.Serious transgressions of the Law right there. Sin by definition is the transgression of the Law. Now, take a look at Matthew 23:13-33. Only on that text, Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times. Do you think he would like to be addressed to as hypocrite and brood of vipers? I don't think so. That's what he did to the Jewish authorities. Besides, according to Ecclesiastes 7:20, "There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned." Jesus was a man upon earth for 33 years of his life. These are only two evidences that you were wrong to say that Jesus never sinned. I know, the Truth sometimes hurts to hear but, we must not prefer to continue in the realm of illusion because of Christian preconceived notions. Reality sometimes pays to choose.

Ben Masada

I will eat from the tree of life. You 'pentecostals" and Roman Catholics can eat from the knowledge of good and evil. Hope it tastes good.

No one ever ate from the tree of life. That's why Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden; to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. (Genesis 3:22,23) That's why to this very day we die when our time is on. The point was that eternal life could not be shared with man. Because only God is eternal.

Ben Masada

Jesus was born under the law, lived under the law and was a teacher of the law.

Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21. He was perfect God and perfect man in one person.

Jesus was God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Jesus was a Jew and born as a Jew as a result of the love between two Jews: Joseph and Mary. That's the problem with Christianity:Vandalism of Judaism by using a Jew to promote the Greek doctrine of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Matthew 1:18) And that's the reason why I am here: To stand for the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus was a Jew and born as a Jew as a result of the love between two Jews: Joseph and Mary. That's the problem with Christianity:Vandalism of Judaism by using a Jew to promote the Greek doctrine of the demigod
which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Matthew 1:18) And that's the reason why I am here: To stand for the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.

You do realize that this IS a Christian Forum correct? So, you're gonna come across a certain amount of opposition.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not to talk about religion but still about the Law, I tell you this: Obey the Law and you are saved. If you don't believed it, go ahead and use the opposite to prove I am wrong. If you can do that, I promise you I'll be ready to give in to Christianity. I only require that you speak nothing against the gospel of Jesus
which was the Tanach. Do we have a deal?

You do realize the Law was never given to the Gentiles, nor were they ever under the Law, correct?

Ben Masada

The dead who are resurrected in Revelation 20:12 have paid the penalty of death and are free of sin. (Romans 6:7)

The Book of Life is opened to them so their names can be written in it for those who choose life in Christ.

They will be judged by their works but we know salvation is by grace, not by works.

Salvation is by obedience of the Law. Not only God's Law but the law of the land, and the law of cause & effect. Now, try to prove I am wrong. I am all ears.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Salvation is by obedience of the Law. Not only God's Law but the law of the land, and the law of cause & effect. Now, try to prove I am wrong. I am all ears.

If a man dies, will he live again? All the days of my struggle I will wait until my change comes. You will call and I will answer You, You will long for the work of Your hands. (Job 14:14-15 NASB)​

Robert Pate

Banned

Salvation is NOT by obedience to the law.

Salvation is only by faith in Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

The law should tell you that you are a sinner. Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

When he wrote that he was quoting King David. Psalm 14:1-3.

So you have two Jewish brothers refuting you.

God's Truth

Try this one.

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

You think that you are righteous and Paul is a liar.

There is non righteous WHO HAVE never NOT sinned even once. I can give you the scriptures of the Old Testament where Paul is quoting.

You have no understanding because, as you say, you do not obey.

Understanding is given to those who obey.

Why don't you believe the scriptures?

God's Truth

Robert Pate does not understand the scriptures, he thinks Paul is saying there is none righteous at all, but Paul is quoting the scriptures that say there is none righteous WHO HAVE NEVER NOT SINNED EVEN ONCE.

The Bible isn't a bunch of contradictions. I can give MANY scriptures that say someone was righteous.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert Pate does not understand the scriptures, he thinks Paul is saying there is none righteous at all, but Paul is quoting the scriptures that say there is none righteous WHO HAVE NEVER NOT SINNED EVEN ONCE.

The Bible isn't a bunch of contradictions. I can give MANY scriptures that say someone was righteous.

I under stand the scripture.

You are the scripture twister. Shame on you for calling Paul a liar, Romans 3:23.

Epoisses

There is none righteous at all! This is why we need a savior to save us from sin, lol

This world is dead in trespasses and sin and the dead sinners in their deadness try to convince themselves they are good like God's false truth.

God's Truth

There is none righteous at all! This is why we need a savior to save us from sin, lol

There are many scriptures telling us of righteous men before the Holy Spirit was given to all believers.

This world is dead in trespasses and sin and the dead sinners in their deadness try to convince themselves they are good like God's false truth.

Those who were dead in their sins were the Gentiles.

The Jews had the works, the Ceremonial laws to clean themselves. The Gentiles did not. The Gentiles were dead in their sins, and in their uncircumcised flesh. Jesus did not make them get circumcised in the flesh first before he saved them, for we are made clean by faith in his blood. However, we still have to obey Jesus. We still have to do what he says. We still have to do right and abstain from evil.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Ephesians 2:1
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.

God's Truth

I under stand the scripture.

You are the scripture twister. Shame on you for calling Paul a liar, Romans 3:23.

No One Is Righteous

Romans 3:9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”
13 “Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Paul is quoting Psalm14:1-3; 53:1-3; and Ecclesiastes 7:20. Ecclesiastes SAYS there is not a RIGHTEOUS man who does what is right and NEVER SINS. Ecclesiastes tells us that there ARE RIGHTEOUS men but none who NEVER sin. Paul is explaining that the Jews were sinners just like the Gentiles. Nowhere in these passages or scriptures anywhere does it say none can believe on their own. In this same Ecclesiastes 7, Solomon tells us about wise men, righteous men, and about a man who pleases God. Solomon also tells us that he found one upright man among a thousand. The Bible tells us that there are people who want to do right.