Under the Law or "In Christ"

Robert Pate

Banned
In the judgment there are only two position in which we will be found. We will either be found under the law or we will be found to be "In Christ". To be found under the law is to be judged according to the law. To be judged according to the law means that from the time that you were born you have never had one evil thought or committed one sin. If you have committed only one sin, then you will be condemned.

Adam and Eve only committed one sin. They ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This one sin caused them to be condemned and banished from the garden. The law says, "The soul that sins will die" Ezekiel 18:20. This is more than physical death, this is spiritual death, which means eternal separation from God.

What does it mean to be "In Christ?" Paul wrote, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death" Romans 8:1, 2. What is the flesh? The flesh is those things that we do, It is religion. What is the Spirit of life "In Christ?". It is the Gospel and those things that Christ has done. When I tell someone that Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. I am speaking of the Spirit. The Spirit always testifies of Jesus, John 15:26.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable. When the Gospel is preached the Holy Spirit is there to convict people of their need for Christ. On the day of Pentecost over 8000 Jews heard and believed Peter's Gospel, Acts 2:14. "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. This was most certainly the case on the day of Pentecost. Peter preached Christ. They heard, they believed and they were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Ben Masada

In the judgment there are only two position in which we will be found. We will either be found under the law or we will be found to be "In Christ". To be found under the law is to be judged according to the law. To be judged according to the law means that from the time that you were born you have never had one evil thought or committed one sin. If you have committed only one sin, then you will be condemned.

Adam and Eve only committed one sin. They ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This one sin caused them to be condemned and banished from the garden. The law says, "The soul that sins will die" Ezekiel 18:20. This is more than physical death, this is spiritual death, which means eternal separation from God.

What does it mean to be "In Christ?" Paul wrote, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death" Romans 8:1, 2. What is the flesh? The flesh is those things that we do, It is religion. What is the Spirit of life "In Christ?". It is the Gospel and those things that Christ has done. When I tell someone that Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. I am speaking of the Spirit. The Spirit always testifies of Jesus, John 15:26.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable. When the Gospel is preached the Holy Spirit is there to convict people of their need for Christ. On the day of Pentecost over 8000 Jews heard and believed Peter's Gospel, Acts 2:14. "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. This was most certainly the case on the day of Pentecost. Peter preached Christ. They heard, they believed and they were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Since "by in Christ" you mean Jesus and Jesus was a loyal Jew, to be under the Law or in Christ, it is all one and the same.

Robert Pate

Banned
Since "by in Christ" you mean Jesus and Jesus was a loyal Jew, to be under the Law or in Christ, it is all one and the same.

Jesus was born under the law, lived under the law and was a teacher of the law.

Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21. He was perfect God and perfect man in one person.

Jesus was God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The law says, "The soul that sins will die" Ezekiel 18:20.

The dead who are resurrected in Revelation 20:12 have paid the penalty of death and are free of sin. (Romans 6:7)

The Book of Life is opened to them so their names can be written in it for those who choose life in Christ.

They will be judged by their works but we know salvation is by grace, not by works.

Robert Pate

Banned
The dead who are resurrected in Revelation 20:12 have paid the penalty of death and are free of sin. (Romans 6:7)

The Book of Life is opened to them so their names can be written in it for those who choose life in Christ.

They will be judged by their works but we know salvation is by grace, not by works.

Christ is the only one that can atone for sins and defeat death. You have misinterpreted the scripture. We are free from sin because we have spiritually died with Christ.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will eat from the tree of life. You 'pentecostals" and Roman Catholics can eat from the knowledge of good and evil. Hope it tastes good.

Epoisses

The sermon on the mount was given to teach the impossibility of keeping the law but so few realize it.

Epoisses

I will eat from the tree of life. You 'pentecostals" and Roman Catholics can eat from the knowledge of good and evil. Hope it tastes good.

The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the law.

The fruit of the tree of life is Jesus and him crucified.

marhig

The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the law.

The fruit of the tree of life is Jesus and him crucified.

The laws were given because Adam disobeyed God and sinned and ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, the fruit of the tree of life is a result of the indwelling holy spirit of God within the heart which only attained by faith and through Jesus Christ.

Jesus came and did the job that Adam couldn't do, he never sinned and he is the way the truth and the life. There is no other way but through him.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The laws were given because Adam disobeyed God and sinned and ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, the fruit of the tree of life is a result of the indwelling holy spirit of God within the heart which only attained by faith and through Jesus Christ.

Jesus came and did the job that Adam couldn't do, he never sinned and he is the way the truth and the life. There is no other way but through him.

marhig ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Those verses means death to the flesh but life in the spirit. Is that what you mean?

I mean what the scriptures say.

In Jesus Christ we have died and have been resurrected. We are now God's new creation in Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

marhig

I mean what the scriptures say.

In Jesus Christ we have died and have been resurrected. We are now God's new creation in Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17.
Yes we are, and if we are raised with Christ, we should be reborn, and we should be living by the spirit and not by the flesh. We should be dying daily and Christ should be seen in us and in our lives as we walk the walk.

marhig

Not much about you. What is your religion?
I'm of no denomination, I have faith in God and I follow Jesus and believe that he is Christ the son of the living God. My religion is the one spoken of by James.

James 1:27

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,*and*to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Robert Pate

Banned
I'm of no denomination, I have faith in God and I follow Jesus and believe that he is Christ the son of the living God. My religion is the one spoken of by James.

James 1:27

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,*and*to keep himself unspotted from the world.

No religion is a good thing. There are many religious people on this Forum that are trusting in their religion to save them.

marhig

The sermon on the mount was given to teach the impossibility of keeping the law but so few realize it.
If you have the holy spirit in the heart, you will obey the laws and Jesus said that there are two laws that covered them all, both are based on love.

Matthew 22

Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

If we love God with our all, and our neighbour as ourselves then we won't break the laws, because we won't disobey God and we won't hurt others. And the spirit will be guiding us away from sin, it's up to us to listen. As Joshua said, choose this day whom will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the lord! I'm with Joshua!