Tragic statement of the day:

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
Well, hopefully after an explanation of something like that it would become...erm.... a mutual bonding.....

And I can see your point, i wonder in this scenario if people would be less likely to condemn this as wicked if the woman had other children who were dependant on her and the only way would be to survive..... :think:
Well as we have witnessed one could always keep stretching the hypothetical till they just have to admit sometimes in a hypothetical situation the greater good can come about from the death of a non existant hypothetical person...

I think in future when they deflect a question with a question give em what they want to hear and push the the original answer.... mind you that would mean loosing a bit of integrity but hey they think you're a dumb evil homo anyway.

I mean serioulsy listening to them call you a dumb homo and evil is just a joke as if you would actually kill your own child.

Anyway now I'm hungry so I'm off to fry Ethan with some garlic butter :rotfl:

Now then watch out for your friends... you don't want us human beings (Pagans/Atheists/Infidels )supporting or defending you when the hyenas start braying... we'll tar you with with the Godless brush.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ok pastor, first lets get something in context here, this is a hypothetical situation where both mother and child are obviously in extreme danger and options for survival are getting less and less, now I was asked whether the only realistic option for the mother to survive was to eat her child, I responded with no, in fact I would find it difficult to believe that a parent could do this anyway, I said that a loving parent would exhaust every realistic and unrealistic possibility first...

Then I said if the only means of survival was for the mother to do this then she would be justified - on the proviso being that both the mother and child are doomed. WHY is it so 'utterly disgusting' for one of them to have a chance to live? Would it be better for both of them to die instead?!

perhaps you can answer this as I was trying to and just to clarify why I said what I did herer it is again, if there was no doubt that the only chance of survival was for the mother to do this and the baby had no hope of living at all would the mother be justified in doing it? Or should she die as well?

Aside from the fact that I doubt any parent in this situation could do this anyway -n and not withstanding the horrid nature of the scenario - is it not hard hearted to expect the mother to die as well when she could have a chance to survive?

What would be better?

Both mother and child die innocent.

Mother murders the child and eats him/her.

Can you imagine the meeting of the two in the after-life if the second option was chosen?

red77

What would be better?

Both mother and child die innocent.

Mother murders the child and eats him/her.

Can you imagine the meeting of the two in the after-life if the second option was chosen?

In this hypothetical the child will die and the mother cannot prevent it, it's more than likely that the 2 year old child will die before the adult whatever scenario it would be so murder isn't exactly an option, this being the case is the mother required to forfeit her own life even though she has the chance to live? if she chooses not to eat and dies then it's her choice and there isn't anything wrong with that either....but what this seems to amount to is that several people are advocating that depsite having a chance to sutvive she should not....

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
In this hypothetical the child will die and the mother cannot prevent it, it's more than likely that the 2 year old child will die before the adult whatever scenario it would be so murder isn't exactly an option, this being the case is the mother required to forfeit her own life even though she has the chance to live? if she chooses not to eat and dies then it's her choice and there isn't anything wrong with that either....but what this seems to amount to is that several people are advocating that depsite having a chance to sutvive she should not....

Since you believe that all people go to Heaven, wound it be a bit awkward to find out that your mom ate your body after you died?

red77

Since you believe that all people go to Heaven, wound it be a bit awkward to find out that your mom ate your body after you died?

Would it feel awkward to know that if she hadn't then your mom would be dead? I think i'd have preferred my mom to survive and that at least my death had served that, I'd rather that than my mom pointlessly dying alongside me, what about you?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Would it feel awkward to know that if she hadn't then your mom would be dead? I think i'd have preferred my mom to survive and that at least my death had served that, I'd rather that than my mom pointlessly dying alongside me, what about you?

There is nothing wrong with dieing. It is wrong to murder.
Eating people's remains is wrong and sick and I would not do it.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
at least try and set up a more specific scenario.....
No thanks. That you cannot unilaterally condemn rape is appalling. That you cannot unilaterally condemn a woman eating her child is sickening.

You're a sick man, Red.

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
Where did you learn that Rape is wrong Stipe ? It's not once condemend in the bible as anything but an outrage to the womans owner, Nowhere is the womans feelings ever taken into account.

Passage and Verse please...

You're still on ignore BTW I saw you response in PK's reply.. I may take it off to read this answer.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where did you learn that Rape is wrong Stipe ? It's not once condemend in the bible as anything but an outrage to the womans owner, Nowhere is the womans feelings ever taken into account. Passage and Verse please... You're still on ignore BTW I saw you response in PK's reply.. I may take it off to read this answer.
Actually I learnt rape was wrong much before I read for myself in the bible that it was. But just to answer your challenge conclusively:
Deuteronomy 22
23 “If a young woman who is a virgin is betrothed to a husband, and a man finds her in the city and lies with her,
24 then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city, and you shall stone them to death with stones, the young woman because she did not cry out in the city, and the man because he humbled his neighbor’s wife; so you shall put away the evil from among you.
25 “But if a man finds a betrothed young woman in the countryside, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die.
26 But you shall do nothing to the young woman; there is in the young woman no sin deserving of death, for just as when a man rises against his neighbor and kills him, even so is this matter.
27 For he found her in the countryside, and the betrothed young woman cried out, but there was no one to save her.

red77

No thanks. That you cannot unilaterally condemn rape is appalling. That you cannot unilaterally condemn a woman eating her child is sickening.

You're a sick man, Red.

What the hell are you on about? i answered 'no' in case your reading skills have vanished and that I couldnt imagine a scenario where it could be justified! I find it more sick that a woman is expected to forcefully die when she could possibly live, and seeing as this hypothetical was directly related to a question i asked Turbo about whether a woman should be able to choose to abort if her life is at risk in pregnancy then I can only assume that you would think that she shouldnt be able to, correct? if so that is sick as far as I'm concerned....

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No answer for the last bit stipe? C'mon, don't be shy, should a woman whose life is in danger be allowed the choice to abort or not? :think:
What's the situation? A woman should never be allowed to murder her baby. Read Turbo's analysis of the word abortion and his suggestions about what the motivation should be in these situations.

Why do you continually look for situations where you might be justified in advocating evil things?

red77

What's the situation? A woman should never be allowed to murder her baby. Read Turbo's analysis of the word abortion and his suggestions about what the motivation should be in these situations.

Why do you continually look for situations where you might be justified in advocating evil things?

So in that case a woman should be expected to rather die if her pregnancy has complications which could result in such? nice sidestep....

and I didn't dream up the scenario where this situation could occur so try and keep up...!

red77

:idea: Maxi answered this question quite nicely as it relates to Red:

and that is nothing more than a meaningless soundbite pastor, and for a thread which you have started you have remained remarkably reticent to be involved in it once pertinent questions have been raised, anyone can make a post such as yours or deliver a petty neg rep, it takes a bit more to actually address the issues in question.......

Status
Not open for further replies.