Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Edit: One of the things I like about the old Gazettes is you run into people you haven't thought about or talked to in a while...and note how some old battles brought new friends. Here's one from April of 2013:

Sunday Evening Gazette

In the live your life over/what would you do thread...
I notice that the net traffic threw this site is mostly From the Usa.
Well, we had a lot of French here at one point, but they wouldn't talk to anyone else...the Brits have more important things to worry about, like dental insurance...we couldn't keep the Germans from posting in ALL CAPS so they had to go...Australians have the right sense of humor to make it here. I knew it the moment I saw what you people call bears. :plain:

Do Americans think that hosting other nations as friends is worth while.
Americans are like Democrats or snowflakes without all the snow. What I mean is that it's nearly impossible to find two of us that actually think alike, at least when you start in on details, which bores half of us to begin with...

All our famous beings from down under tend to end up living on your famous soil! As feathers in your cap!
Same thing with Canadians, though they mostly do it to escape the French among them and to live free, call bacon what it is, that sort of thing.

Set out a thumbnail of how the legal system works in the Caribou thread...(yes, that one)
I sat on a jury years ago and it was clear to me that neither lawyer wanted us to know the whole truth!
The attorney's jobs aren't to search for the truth.

The job of the defense attorney is to present a defense.

The job of the prosecuting attorney is to present the case against the standard.

The job of the jury or judge is to determine the truth by that standard. And the opposing process and standards are there to guide the proceedings.

So you were looking in the wrong place Delmar and with the wrong expectations. Justice is the end result of process and rested in your hands. That's how it was always intended.

While in the latest God thread...
I'm curious as to whether people accept the idea of an interventionist god and how they justify such a belief.

Please explain why you voted a certain way.
Yes to the question and as to the why, else I'd still be an atheist.

I recently wrote a passage in a book about this subject,
I write in the margins of books all the time. :plain:

Then GM said...
I'll try better next time.
That was pretty good as punctuation goes...but you really needed a "to do" in there or maybe harder instead of better, or do instead of try.

If someone said caribou loudly would you think they were trying to scare you? :think:

While in OMEGA's "Who here has me on ignore" thread...
I think I do, but I'm not sure...technology, it's confusing to me. So either I have you on ignore or I just ordered Starz.

So naturally...
It must have been Starz, because I can still read everything you're posting and there's a movie on about a dog that plays football. :plain:

:plain: Yahtzee.