too big to ignore

WizardofOz

Poor Aaron, he's such a confused Libertarian.

A lie you cannot stop repeating. Seek help for the pathological lying you're obviously infected with.

He thinks that he can continue to fuel our nation's "death culture" by ignoring God and promoting recreational drugs and perverted sex, all the while thinking that he has a solution to the abortion problem by putting a small band aid over the cancer.

Oh and a straw man on top of it; "he thinks". Who is promoting recreational drug use or perverted sex anyway?

Remember that word we talked about in the earlier post Aaron?

"Precedent".

Remember the word I mentioned?

"Opposite".

Reagan's bill allowed for more abortion
The law in Texas limits abortion

So, the precedent is in writing a law that limits abortion and actually passing it into law.

Can you offer any other such examples?
Just name any ole pro-life legislation that pops in that mess of a noggin of yours.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the topic here
is
will the texas abortion law make it to the supreme court?
will it be upheld?

I believe it will
and
that it will be upheld

with as many as 6 upholding it

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I hope you are right Chrys, and it is upheld.

the republicans cannot win without the religious right, moral majority, or whatever you want to call them
and
this could really inspire them in 2016
if
between now and then this law is upheld by a 5-4 supreme court decision

perry may be the guy who gets their support

he will be rewarded for what he did in texas

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
perry may be the guy who gets their support

he will be rewarded for what he did in texas
From what I read his older sister will reap millions from that law. She is a doctor who runs a chain of out patient surgery facilities that stand to see vastly increased business because abortions now require that they be done in clinics like she owns. Nothing unusual there. Always follow the money trail.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The best weapon in the law is requiring abortionists to have hospital privileges at a local hospital. In some rural areas, hospitals will automatically reject doctors who will do abortions. That makes it harder, possibly impossible for a poor person in a rural area to get an abortion. And since the poor are more likely to do this, it would have the effect of reducing the number of abortions.

My observation is that changing people's minds has been far more effective at reducing abortions than changing laws. But we'll see how this goes.

republicanchick

[URL="http://www.the republicans were able to pass this law that will significantly restrict abortion

all because texans voted republican

years

I found this paragraph @ that site interesting:

And maybe — just maybe — judges like Jones will go so far as to uphold the state’s 20-week ban. That’s tough to do under Casey, which draws a clear line between before and after a fetus’s viability. Only after a fetus is viable can states ban abortion outright, Casey says. Still, the 5th Circuit could frame the Texas 20-week ban differently — as an extension of the Supreme Court’s 2007 decision to uphold a law banning one kind of rare late-term procedure (so-called partial birth abortion).

=

republicanchick

the democrats are worried about sotomayor
they really don't know how she will vote

the republicans are always worried about kennedy
we never know what he will do

both catholic
they could find a way to uphold this law
can you imagine all six catholics voting to uphold this law?
we can dream

Sotomayer is Catholic??

whoa.. news to me, but then I don't follow lefties so well...

so not too surprising I would miss that.. I hope she chooses her catholic faith, assuming it is real to her.. over her lefty-ness

____

republicanchick

I don't think it will change much, all the new law did was require an ultrasound, a waiting period, and make the "doctors" have to have hospital privledges.
So while it will have a big impact short term because most of the butchers don't have hospital privledges now you know that they are scrambling to get them and then it will be business as usual.

we should boycott those hospitals

+

quip

BANNED
Banned
I doubt it

Again, they are attempting to get what thye can. Roe v Wade hasn't gone away, so they can't just ban all abortion

get real

__

So, you indeed recognize the rights of women to choose abortion ...you'll simply support every blockade employed to restrict it...yes?

Good thing (for you) the right of free speech is under no such attack.

republicanchick

So, you indeed recognize the rights of women to choose abortion ...you'll simply support every blockade employed to restrict it...yes?

Good thing (for you) the right of free speech is under no such attack.

can't answer this as I don't have half a clue what u are saying

+