Those Who Pervert God's Word With Religion

Robert Pate

Banned
There are some on the Forum that think nothing of calling the apostles and Jesus liars.

Example, John 3:16, throughly and completely refutes Calvinism, Catholicism and all religions

"For God so loved the WORLD, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

The perverters want to change the word "world" to the "world of the elect" and then they want to change the word "whosoever" which means all, anyone, everyone, to mean only the elect. It is offensive to Calvinist that God loves the world. He loves the world and has provided salvation for the whole world, 1 John 4:14.

Catholics don't like John 3:16 either, because there is nothing there about works. They would like to change John 3:13 to say... "Whosoever that believes and does good works". They find it offensive that the thief on the cross did nothing but believe and was saved.

The Church of Christ people believe that you must be baptized in water to be saved. This is a complete perversion of God's word. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that baptism saves.

The Bible teaches that Christians are justified (made right with God) by faith, Romans 5:1. Not by being predestinated, not by good works, not by being baptized in water. Salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone.

iamaberean

There are some on the Forum that think nothing of calling the apostles and Jesus liars.

Example, John The Church of Christ people believe that you must be baptized in water to be saved. This is a complete perversion of God's word. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that baptism saves.

The Bible teaches that Christians are justified (made right with God) by faith, Romans 5:1. Not by being predestinated, not by good works, not by being baptized in water. Salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

We are saved through faith. Faith requires us to think spiritually, so if the word of God says to be born again of the water and the Spirit, it means just that.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Peter, who was given the key to the kingdom, expressed it this way:
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We can see in this scripture water and Spirit. Born again.

beloved57

pate
[h=2]Those Who Pervert God's Word With Religion[/h]

Thats yourself, since you like all other man made religions teach salvation is by the will of man, by what he does !

Robert Pate

Banned
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

We are saved through faith. Faith requires us to think spiritually, so if the word of God says to be born again of the water and the Spirit, it means just that.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Peter, who was given the key to the kingdom, expressed it this way:
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We can see in this scripture water and Spirit. Born again.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Peter much like James, did not really understand the Gospel and justification by faith. See Galatians 2:11-14.

Paul understood the Gospel and justification by faith because he had received the Gospel directly from Christ, Galatians 1:11, 12.

To be justified by faith is to be justified by Christ. Christ is our justifier, Romans 3:26. Christ justifies us by doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Christ fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's law for us and atoned for our sins. This is what justifies us and not baptism or whatever.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that baptism saves.

We are saved by grace through faith. Water baptism is a demonstration of one's faith marking the end of the old life and the beginning of a new life with Christ.

Water is the symbol Jesus uses to picture the Holy Spirit into which we are immersed.

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit whom those believing in Him would receive, for the Holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified.
(John 7:37-39)​

Immersion in water symbolizes our immersion into God's Spirit.

Robert Pate

Banned
We are saved by grace through faith. Water baptism is a demonstration of one's faith marking the end of the old life and the beginning of a new life with Christ.

Water is the symbol Jesus uses to picture the Holy Spirit into which we are immersed.

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit whom those believing in Him would receive, for the Holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified.
(John 7:37-39)​

Immersion in water symbolizes our immersion into God's Spirit.

We are baptized with the Holy Spirit when we hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

The only thing that baptism will do for you is it will get you wet.

Robert Pate

Banned
There is nothing in Galatians 3:2 about baptism which is a demonstration of faith.

Paul said, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? (because you heard and believed the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

iamaberean

Peter much like James, did not really understand the Gospel and justification by faith. See Galatians 2:11-14.

Paul understood the Gospel and justification by faith because he had received the Gospel directly from Christ, Galatians 1:11, 12.

To be justified by faith is to be justified by Christ. Christ is our justifier, Romans 3:26. Christ justifies us by doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Christ fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's law for us and atoned for our sins. This is what justifies us and not baptism or whatever.

Faith is an action verb.

James talks of faith and works, not the works of law but the works of faith.

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Again I say Peter was given the keys to the kingdom and he said:

Even if I am wrong about this, and I don't think I am, doing more than required for God is not a sin, but doing nothing may very well be.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Robert thinks salvation is for his benefit rather than for his service for God's benefit.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul said, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? (because you heard and believed the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

What did Jesus say?

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert thinks salvation is for his benefit rather than for his service for God's benefit.

"But to him that does NO WORKS, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

All of your good works are tainted with sin and pride. Don't trust in them to save you.

beloved57

"But to him that does NO WORKS, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

All of your good works are tainted with sin and pride. Don't trust in them to save you.

You teach salvation by works, by what man does. You are being a hypocrite.