Thomas Jefferson and guns.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
In which case we failed. Or tyranny's sophisticated enough not to be threatened by widespread gun ownership

Frankly, I think they prefer we have a lot of guns and keep shooting each other up. Illusion of safety, illusion of liberty, keep the pot boiled and stirred up. One more thing for us to fight about among ourselves, even though nothing's going to ever change. Typical.

You do go on... You can go beat that drum at a Hillary or Sanders rally you are sure to find plenty of allies. :yawn:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Feel free to start your party I think its going to over pretty quick.

You really want your blood watering the tree?

As I recall TCM, you're a Brit. Since your "Bobbies" can't even carry firearms, I kinda doubt that the citizens of England are allowed to either.

When Islam decides to make you their slaves, what are you going to defend yourself with, that dull wit of yours?

Granite

Hall of Fame
You do go on... You can go beat that drum at a Hillary or Sanders rally you are sure to find plenty of allies. :yawn:

If the armchair Rambos and wanna-be stolen valor chumps running around in Oregon are representative of the "revolution" you think must be coming one day--eventually--honest, soon--then you're dreaming, dense, naive, or completely hosed.

Who do you actually think's going to start a shooting war here, pal? Be honest. And how worse, really, would it need to get for these assorted knuckleheads (or anyone else for that matter) to start an actual war? This is end times fantasy nonsense. Do you think anyone in a position of power is intimidated by Americans who own guns? They don't need to be. Don't you get it? They got what they wanted, and we're armed to the teeth. What does that tell you?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
If the armchair Rambos and wanna-be stolen valor chumps running around in Oregon are representative of the "revolution" you think must be coming one day--eventually--honest, soon--then you're dreaming, dense, naive, or completely hosed.

Who do you actually think's going to start a shooting war here, pal? Be honest. And how worse, really, would it need to get for these assorted knuckleheads (or anyone else for that matter) to start an actual war? This is end times fantasy nonsense.

Ahhh, I am not the one positing this scenario...you are. :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ahhh, I am not the one positing this scenario...you are. :chuckle:

You dimwits never do anything except talk about "one day" and "watering the tree" and the rest of the assorted claptrap. Actually spelling out what you want, or expect, or plan, is usually lost in the haze of working and middle class fantasies about shooting it up with the bad guys.

Congrats, we've all got guns. Fat lot of good they did.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You dimwits never do anything except talk about "one day" and "watering the tree" and the rest of the assorted claptrap. Actually spelling out what you want, or expect, or plan, is usually lost in the haze of working and middle class fantasies about shooting it up with the bad guys.

Congrats, we've all got guns. Fat lot of good they did.

Yea, Yea, Yea :blabla:

Granite

Hall of Fame
You know, I'm coming to understand better the bond you have with TH. When you get confronted with a mirror and you don't like what you see you start complaining about grammar.

There's nothing to see, frank...you wrote something clunky and stupid. Work on your material.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
There's nothing to see, frank...you wrote something clunky and stupid. Work on your material.

The only thing clunky & stupid is your weak response in return :chuckle:

Frank made a funny quip and you got nuthin, talk about no material...:yawn:

This Charming Manc

I see went nowhere near the question.

This blood that waters the tree of liberty are you willing for it to be yours?

It seems like your not.

As regards islams immediate take over of the UK, i think your in more danger of gun crime in the US than I am of a muslim take over of the Uk.

As I recall TCM, you're a Brit. Since your "Bobbies" can't even carry firearms, I kinda doubt that the citizens of England are allowed to either.

When Islam decides to make you their slaves, what are you going to defend yourself with, that dull wit of yours?

fzappa13

I see went nowhere near the question.

This blood that waters the tree of liberty are you willing for it to be yours?

It seems like your not.

As regards islams immediate take over of the UK, i think your in more danger of gun crime in the US than I am of a muslim take over of the Uk.

The "takeover" will be from within by those who are offering us the Muslim as a "bogeyman."