There But For The Grace Of God

Cedarbay

I absolutely agree with you. The questions are valid. We must stand up and be counted for the truths of our Christian beliefs.
I guess it would be in the logistics we use to make our stands that I sometimes find so harsh that I wonder just how helpful we are?I would like to be helpful to witness to that wondrous miracle on the cross. Jesus dying on the cross offered absolution and forgiveness to one of the other sufferers on a cross.
I do not turn the other cheek to that which is deliberately vile or evil.
But I remind myself that it is behavior that i judge and not the person.
You have brought up a strong conviction I have been getting from the Lord, to stop the unloving poking and prodding. It can be addicting on forums like this, or at least done without considering it's consequence.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That would be all of us, one way or another.
That would be dishonest and self-aggrandizing.

You really should have just left the saying alone. It was fine as it was.

so reason and logic is always the problem

bybee

every time you say

there but for the grace of God go I

you are saying

someone didn't get enough grace

Not at all! I dwell in God's grace freely given and I am called to the life He has planned for me. I do not know about the plan for others. When I have experienced hard times I never for a moment felt that I was outside of Grace.
I am grateful for my life.
I assume that others are also grateful for their lives.

Jamie Gigliotti

Thank you for sharing your story Bybee!
All of our time is by Grace. Nothing exists apart from Grace. Grace is meant to move us to Him. Cleaned by grace, loved by grace, changed by grace.

The question is: Will we come to the truth and and a knowledge of the amazing grace He offers and embrace it and Him.

Every act of kindness we do is another opportunity for eyes to be opened to the truth of His grace and love.

Every act of unkindness, hatred and selfrighteous judgement the devil tries to use to continue the deception.

bybee

Thank you for sharing your story Bybee!
All of our time is by Grace. Nothing exists apart from Grace. Grace is meant to move us to Him. Cleaned by grace, loved by grace, changed by grace.

The question is: Will we come to the truth and and a knowledge of the amazing grace He offers and embrace it and Him.

Every act of kindness we do is another opportunity for eyes to be opened to the truth of His grace and love.

Every act of unkindness, hatred and selfrighteous judgement the devil tries to use to continue the deception.

Amen Dearie!

bybee

You have brought up a strong conviction I have been getting from the Lord, to stop the unloving poking and prodding. It can be addicting on forums like this, or at least done without considering it's consequence.

We give it our best and hope for the best!