The World Of Jn 3:16

beloved57

Jn 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Many today have carelessly told us that the world here is everyone without exception. However that comes from lack of honest bible study. The world here is a world of people that God So Loved, which is a World of His Elect Jacobs Rom 9:11-13

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Its the World of Christ's Church He Loved and gave Himself for Eh 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

And as a result of such great Love, its a world that Christ gives life to, Spiritual Life. Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Its the Life that is attributed to Gods Great Love here Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

That word quickened is the word suzóopoieó :

I make alive together with.

I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken

Its to say this, The World God so Loved, is a World that will be given Life unto by Christ.

TrevorL

Greetings
Jn 3:16: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Many today have carelessly told us that the world here is everyone without exception. However that comes from lack of honest bible study. The world here is a world of people that God So Loved, which is a World of His Elect Jacobs
Its to say this, The World God so Loved, is a World that will be given Life unto by Christ.
I suggest that the emphasis should also be on “whosoever believeth in him”.
John3:16 (KJV): For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

Greetings I suggest that the emphasis should also be on “whosoever believeth in him”.
John3:16 (KJV): For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Kind regards
Trevor

Do u want to discuss the Op ?

Nanja

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Many today have carelessly told us that the world here is everyone without exception. However that comes from lack of honest bible study. The world here is a world of people that God So Loved, which is a World of His Elect Jacobs Rom 9:11-13

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

And as a result of such great Love, its a world that Christ gives life to, Spiritual Life. Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Amen! And the World that God Loved John 3:16, is the World of Christ's Sheep John 10:11,15, who shall Believe on Him, a fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22, and be Given Eternal Life.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

But the World that God Loved cannot include these Jesus speaks of here:

John 10:26
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

They were condemned already John 3:18.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amen! And the World that God Loved John 3:16, is the World of Christ's Sheep John 10:11,15, who shall Believe on Him, a fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22, and be Given Eternal Life.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

But the World that God Loved cannot include these Jesus speaks of here:

John 10:26
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

They were condemned already John 3:18.

And where do the sheep come from? They come out of an unbelieving world!

Nanja

Christ's Sheep, as opposed to the rest of the world 1 Cor. 11:32, were reconciled to God while being enemies and unbelievers:

Rom. 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christ's Sheep, as opposed to the rest of the world 1 Cor. 11:32, were reconciled to God while being enemies and unbelievers:

Rom. 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Where did Christ's sheep come from before they were His sheep? READ THE QUESTION. They came from the unsaved!

TrevorL

Greetings again beloved57 ,
Do u want to discuss the Op ?
Yes, but I was firstly answering some aspects of the direction that you were heading by emphasisng another part of John 3:16, and I suggest that you may be avoiding this aspect, as this seems to be contrary to Calvinism.

You may not accept that the world in John 3:16 can incorporate the whole world, not just the Jewish world, or the world of the elect, but the following may teach the same thing by linking various verses:
Mark 16:15-16 (KJV): 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Acts 1:6-8 (KJV): 6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Romans 5:6-8 (KJV): 6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

In this last reference Paul speaks of God’s love which had been shown to these Roman believers who had responded to the gospel.

But you wanted me to discuss more fully the Op:
Jn 3:16: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Many today have carelessly told us that the world here is everyone without exception. However that comes from lack of honest bible study. The world here is a world of people that God So Loved, which is a World of His Elect Jacobs Rom 9:11-13: 11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)
Its the World of Christ's Church He Loved and gave Himself for Eh 5:25 .
Nothing much to discuss here. You have used a faulty syllogism to equate God’s love mentioned in John 3:16 with the love that God showed to Jacob and his descendants compared to Esau and his descendants. You then take another step by equating this love for Jacob to the love that God has for Christ’s Church. The end result is that you are attempting to deny what John 3:16 is saying when it uses the word “whosoever”.

Kind regards
Trevor

clefty

Greetings again beloved57 , Yes, but I was firstly answering some aspects of the direction that you were heading by emphasisng another part of John 3:16, and I suggest that you may be avoiding this aspect, as this seems to be contrary to Calvinism.

You may not accept that the world in John 3:16 can incorporate the whole world, not just the Jewish world, or the world of the elect, but the following may teach the same thing by linking various verses:
Mark 16:15-16 (KJV): 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Acts 1:6-8 (KJV): 6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Romans 5:6-8 (KJV): 6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

In this last reference Paul speaks of God’s love which had been shown to these Roman believers who had responded to the gospel.

Nothing much to discuss here. You have used a faulty syllogism to equate God’s love mentioned in John 3:16 with the love that God showed to Jacob and his descendants compared to Esau and his descendants. You then take another step by equating this love for Jacob to the love that God has for Christ’s Church. The end result is that you are attempting to deny what John 3:16 is saying when it uses the word “whosoever”.

Kind regards
Trevor

Yup. Nice.

As it repeating what is said in verse 15:

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.”

clefty

It was a love of the world that spared Noah...that same love which found father Abraham to which a promise was made TO the whole world FOR the whole world...that SEED promised to ADAM when he was the world which was loved...

beloved57

Greetings again beloved57 , Yes, but I was firstly answering some aspects of the direction that you were heading by emphasisng another part of John 3:16, and I suggest that you may be avoiding this aspect, as this seems to be contrary to Calvinism.

Kind regards
Trevor

Rabbit trail and evasion. Let me know when you want to discuss the points I made in the OP !

beloved57

It was a love of the world that spared Noah...that same love which found father Abraham to which a promise was made TO the whole world FOR the whole world...that SEED promised to ADAM when he was the world which was loved...

Huh ? Rabbit trail !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nanja, You did not agree or disagree with the question posed in Post#7. Please answer the question.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Have you not read;

2 Peter 3:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Now how can all come to repentance unless Christ died for the whole world? The caveat is that only those who accept the gift of eternal life will receive it.