The word Christian needs to be defined objectively

Epoisses

You have no idea what love is. Tell me, is not harming your neighbor by not murdering them love?

How about not bearing false witness against your neighbor?

Start there, tell me what you think.

Jesus said if you hate your brother you are already breaking the commandment showing the worthlessness of trusting in the law. Love is the fulfillment, if I have love I have everything I need.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus said if you hate your brother you are already breaking the commandment showing the worthlessness of trusting in the law. Love is the fulfillment, if I have love I have everything I need.

You have your opinion of what is love and Jesus has his opinion.

Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:35-40)​

God's everlasting covenant defines what he means by love. God is entitled to his opinion and you are entitled to your opinion.

Epoisses

You have your opinion of what is love and Jesus has his opinion.

Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:35-40)​

God's everlasting covenant defines what he means by love. God is entitled to his opinion and you are entitled to your opinion.

If you want to make love out to going back to the law and keeping the old commandments you are wrong.

God's Truth

You speak against obedience, but we are told to love---even in the old law.

You have no understanding about love.

God's Truth

Leviticus 19:18
"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Leviticus 19:17
"'Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt.

Epoisses

Leviticus 19:18
"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Leviticus 19:17
"'Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Gal. 5:14

God's Truth

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Gal. 5:14

Loving your neighbor is to do them no harm.

Doing your neighbor no harm is loving them.

Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Loving your neighbor is doing them no harm, it is not murdering them, it is not bearing false witness against them, it is not committing adultery with their spouse, and not stealing from them. You do all those things, you are obeying commandments, and you are loving your neighbor.