The Trump Budget

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
Any fiscal conservative would like to decrease spending and balance a budget for once. I am all for cutting the EPA, foreign aid, etc. We spend far too much and need to cut more. We don't need to increase the deficit, which is exactly what Trump is going to do. He's spending quite liberally. :think:

Any "real" conservative will have a problem with that.

You're a Republican, not a (fiscal) conservative.

A fiscal conservative is not necessarily a real conservative. If balancing the budget means placing the nation at risk by lowering defenses then that s not acceptable.

A good conservative would find a way to increase defense spending to good levels and INCREASE REVENUE to fund other necessary organs of government. He would also eradicate unnecessary departments, like "Education".

drbrumley

A fiscal conservative is not necessarily a real conservative. If balancing the budget means placing the nation at risk by lowering defenses then that s not acceptable.

A good conservative would find a way to increase defense spending to good levels and INCREASE REVENUE to fund other necessary organs of government. He would also eradicate unnecessary departments, like "Education".

How much is enough TrumpTrainCA? We already outspend every nation on earth COMBINED!!!!!

drbrumley

You gotta love these "armchair generals."

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
How much is enough TrumpTrainCA? We already outspend every nation on earth COMBINED!!!!!

I am not a general or an admiral and neither are you. Whatever they say is enough is enough.

And no real America cares what other countries do. We are a special nation in history because we are not like other nations. If you like what England or France does then move there.

drbrumley

I am not a general or an admiral and neither are you. Whatever they say is enough is enough.

And no real America cares what other countries do. We are a special nation in history because we are not like other nations. If you like what England or France does then move there.

You are lost.....we are already like England and France you dope.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

i assume you're referring to defense spending?

how much is enough?

as much as it takes to maintain our position and dissuade challenges to that position

WizardofOz

This is what I don't get. Why do Republicans vote-in politicians that increase spending to benefit, for example, the Military Industrial Complex™ (Requiring hundreds of billions in tax dollars)...

...while simultaneously giving the wealth-class tax breaks?

They're simultaneously

increasing spending, and

making sure the middle-class pays for it, and

increasing deficits when we can't pay it all

How is that "conservative" in any way?

EDIT: forgot #4: eroding civil liberties in the name of "patriotism" and capturing "bad guys."

Step 1: create war

Step 2: fund M.I.C.™ and Big-Business because they funded your rise to power

Step 3: make middle-class pay for it + borrow money

Step 4: write laws that give Gov more power to control the people

How do conservatives justify this?

:think:

drbrumley

how much is enough?

as much as it takes to maintain our position and dissuade challenges to that position

Ok, great, so no other dime needs to go to that bloated part of the budget anymore....

drbrumley

This is what I don't get. Why do Republicans vote-in politicians that increase spending to benefit, for example, the Military Industrial Complex™ (Requiring hundreds of billions in tax dollars)...

...while simultaneously giving the wealth-class tax breaks?

They're simultaneously

increasing spending, and

making sure the middle-class pays for it, and

increasing deficits when we can't pay it all

How is that "conservative" in any way?

EDIT: forgot #4: eroding civil liberties in the name of "patriotism" and capturing "bad guys."

Step 1: create war

Step 2: fund M.I.C.™ and Big-Business because they funded your rise to power

Step 3: make middle-class pay for it + borrow money

Step 4: write laws that give Gov more power to control the people

How do conservatives justify this?

:think:

Because liberals and neo cons love the military industrial complex...

WizardofOz

how much is enough?

Can you give us a number? How much should we set aside for the wall? How much should we pump into our military?

It's insane how much money we spend. Now even Republicans are taking an issue with us cutting back and are increasing spending. The madness will never cease if both parties are spending like drunken sailors.

We need some fiscal sanity but neither party is willing to make unpopular cuts. Now the Dems will increase taxes but it still won't balance the books and the Republicans will increase spending while lowering taxes.

It's a lose/lose situation with the jokers that we vote into office. It's not sustainable and it's not fair to our children and our children's children.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Ok, great, so no other dime needs to go to that bloated part of the budget anymore....

that's certainly worth examining

you'd cut spending for soldiers salaries, training and maintenance as well?

Because liberals and neo cons love the military industrial complex...

i recognize it as a fact of life, a necessary component of being the big dog in the yard

if we want to come to a national consensus that somebody else can play that role, then we can talk about dismantling the MIC

who would you argue for? China? Russia? Germany? Japan? North Korea?

Can you give us a number? How much should we set aside for the wall? How much should we pump into our military?

not without doing a lot of research i don't have the time or resources for

WizardofOz

not without doing a lot of research i don't have the time or resources for

I'm just a bit hesitant to give any president a blank check given the vast amount of unknown factors and unknown cost. At some point (monetarily speaking) this project no longer makes sense. We need to monetize it prior to jumping in head first.