The tenth of the first month, a lamb for each household.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In this day (our Monday, April 18th) we have the following (the tenth of the first month). With no temple there is no Passover sacrifice. Exodus 12:3 NASB - 3 "Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying, 'On the tenth of this month they are each one to take a lamb for themselves, according to their fathers' households, a lamb for each household.

This year the Passover Seder is on the Sabbath. The 14th and Passover is the day before but the 15th and the Sabbath is the first day of the feast of Unleavened Bread, a holy day, corresponding to Passover.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here is some scripture about Passover. חַג שָׂמֵחַ - Chag Sameach! (Happy Holidays!).

Leviticus 22:26-23:44 NASB, Numbers 28:16-25 NASB, Deuteronomy 16:1-8 NASB.

This week, the Torah portion is Shabbat Hag HaMatzot, which is
translated as “Sabbath of Unleavened Bread.” Exodus 33:12– 34:26 NASB.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did Jesus observe a Passover seder?

Jesus did observe Passover.

That wasn't the question. Was his Passover a seder?

What kind of seder jamie?

What kind of seder do you observe?

A Passover seder.

Is that what Jesus observed?

Are you seeking to learn?

It must be some kind of comedy.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
References from the Gospels that contain the word Passover

References from the Gospels that contain the word Passover

Matthew 26:2 NASB - "You know that after two days the Passover is coming, and the Son of Man is to be handed over for crucifixion."

Matthew 26:17 NASB - Now on the first day of Unleavened Bread the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Where do You want us to prepare for You to eat the Passover?"

Matthew 26:18 NASB - And He said, "Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, 'The Teacher says, "My time is near; I am to keep the Passover at your house with My disciples."'"

Matthew 26:19 NASB - The disciples did as Jesus had directed them; and they prepared the Passover.

Mark 14:1 NASB - Now the Passover and Unleavened Bread were two days away; and the chief priests and the scribes were seeking how to seize Him by stealth and kill Him;

Mark 14:12 NASB - On the first day of Unleavened Bread, when the Passover lamb was being sacrificed, His disciples said to Him, "Where do You want us to go and prepare for You to eat the Passover?"

Mark 14:14 NASB - and wherever he enters, say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher says, "Where is My guest room in which I may eat the Passover with My disciples?"'

Mark 14:16 NASB - The disciples went out and came to the city, and found it just as He had told them; and they prepared the Passover.

Luke 2:41 NASB - Now His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover.

Luke 22:1 NASB - Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread, which is called the Passover, was approaching.

Luke 22:7 NASB - Then came the first day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed.

Luke 22:8 NASB - And Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and prepare the Passover for us, so that we may eat it."

Luke 22:11 NASB - "And you shall say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher says to you, "Where is the guest room in which I may eat the Passover with My disciples?"'

Luke 22:13 NASB - And they left and found everything just as He had told them; and they prepared the Passover.

Luke 22:15 NASB - And He said to them, "I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer;

John 2:13 NASB - The Passover of the Jews was near, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

John 2:23 NASB - Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name, observing His signs which He was doing.

John 6:4 NASB - Now the Passover, the feast of the Jews, was near.

John 11:55 NASB - Now the Passover of the Jews was near, and many went up to Jerusalem out of the country before the Passover to purify themselves.

John 12:1 NASB - Jesus, therefore, six days before the Passover, came to Bethany where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead.

John 13:1 NASB - Now before the Feast of the Passover, Jesus knowing that His hour had come that He would depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.

John 18:28 NASB - Then they led Jesus from Caiaphas into the Praetorium, and it was early; and they themselves did not enter into the Praetorium so that they would not be defiled, but might eat the Passover.

John 18:39 NASB - "But you have a custom that I release someone for you at the Passover; do you wish then that I release for you the King of the Jews?"

John 19:14 NASB - Now it was the day of preparation for the Passover; it was about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews, "Behold, your King!"

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The word seder does go with Passover but the word seder is not found anywhere in the scriptures.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Scriptures for Passover

The terms Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread are sometimes used interchangeably. Here are scriptures that are to be read during Passover (Pesach).

Shabbas HaGadol, Haftaras Malachi 3:4-24

Pesach – First Day, Torah Exodus 12:21-51, Maftir Numbers 28:16-25, Haftaras Joshua 3:5-7, 5:2-15, 6:1, 27

Pesach – Second Day, Torah Leviticus 22:26-23:44, Maftir Numbers 28:16-25, Haftaras 2 Kings 23:1-9; 21-25

Pesach – Shabbas Chol Hamoed, Torah Exodus 33:12-34:26, Maftir Numbers 28:19-25

Pesach – Seventh Day, Torah Exodus 13:17-15:26, Maftir Numbers 28:19-25

Pesach – Last Day, Torah Deuteronomy 15:19-16:17, on the Sabbath Deuteronomy 14:22-16:17, Maftir Numbers 28:19-25