The Strait Gate and few there be that find it, Matthew 7:14

Robert Pate

Banned
Truth is found little by little.

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little and there a little" Isaiah 28:10.

When I first became a Christian I joined a Baptist church. They didn't have the truth. I knew very little about the Bible, but I knew that more than anything else that I wanted the truth.

One Saturday morning during the men's prayer meeting the Pastor came in with some literature in his hand. He said, "Men I want you to read this literature and tell me what you think this is saying". I took it home and read it. I was reading something that I had never heard before. I called up the pastor to confirm my findings. He said that he had never heard that before either. The literature was from Verdict Publications and was written by Robert D. Brinsmead, who was an Australian Christian scholar and a former Seventh Day Adventist.

Brinsmead had apparently caused some big problems in the Seventh Day Church. The literature contained the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ, which I and my pastor had never heard before. My pastor was highly educated and had degree in theology. He was a doctor of theology. People always refered to him as "Doctor ----". In spite of his higher education he was still a truth seeker.

We both became subscribers to Verdict Publications. Verdict was a world wide publication that was supported by Christian scholars from all over the world. The publication was not for the lay Christian, it was for pastors, theologians and seminary professors. Verdict's motto was... "The Gospel Plus Nothing and Nothing but the Gospel". The publication lasted for over 20 years. Brinsmead retired and the publication ended in the early 90's. I have every copy. Some of it is difficult to understand. Because it was mainly Christian scholars writing for other Christian scholars.

Enough of it rubbed off on me for me to see that it truly is... "The Gospel Plus Nothing and Nothing but the Gospel".

I have found it. I have found what Jesus was talking about when he said... "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. Jesus is the strait gate that leads to eternal life. This is why he said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me" John 14:6. Religion is not the way. Religion is a diversion from the way. Religion will lead you off into a wilderness of confusion and lies. The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is the way.

My pastor changed his preaching and teaching. it took the Deacons about two months to form a secret meeting on how to get rid of him. Later on they gave him the boot. They had no use for his Gospel. I left right after that because of the hostility towards Christ and his Gospel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Religion will lead you off into a wilderness of confusion and lies. The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is the way.

Well we know that God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. So what does the future hold for religious people?

nikolai_42

Truth is found little by little.

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little and there a little" Isaiah 28:10.

When I first became a Christian I joined a Baptist church. They didn't have the truth. I knew very little about the Bible, but I knew that more than anything else that I wanted the truth.

One Saturday morning during the men's prayer meeting the Pastor came in with some literature in his hand. He said, "Men I want you to read this literature and tell me what you think this is saying". I took it home and read it. I was reading something that I had never heard before. I called up the pastor to confirm my findings. He said that he had never heard that before either. The literature was from Verdict Publications and was written by Robert D. Brinsmead, who was an Australian Christian scholar and a former Seventh Day Adventist.

Brinsmead had apparently caused some big problems in the Seventh Day Church. The literature contained the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ, which I and my pastor had never heard before. My pastor was highly educated and had degree in theology. He was a doctor of theology. People always refered to him as "Doctor ----". In spite of his higher education he was still a truth seeker.

We both became subscribers to Verdict Publications. Verdict was a world wide publication that was supported by Christian scholars from all over the world. The publication was not for the lay Christian, it was for pastors, theologians and seminary professors. Verdict's motto was... "The Gospel Plus Nothing and Nothing but the Gospel". The publication lasted for over 20 years. Brinsmead retired and the publication ended in the early 90's. I have every copy. Some of it is difficult to understand. Because it was mainly Christian scholars writing for other Christian scholars.

Enough of it rubbed off on me for me to see that it truly is... "The Gospel Plus Nothing and Nothing but the Gospel".

I have found it. I have found what Jesus was talking about when he said... "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. Jesus is the strait gate that leads to eternal life. This is why he said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me" John 14:6. Religion is not the way. Religion is a diversion from the way. Religion will lead you off into a wilderness of confusion and lies. The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is the way.

My pastor changed his preaching and teaching. it took the Deacons about two months to form a secret meeting on how to get rid of him. Later on they gave him the boot. They had no use for his Gospel. I left right after that because of the hostility towards Christ and his Gospel.

This is the same Brinsmead who denied the atonement. What gospel does that? He seems to even deny the resurrection (and atonement) as the shocked disciples' way of rationalizing what happened:

The post-Easter community was hard put to rationalize the scandal of Joshua ben Adam's death. In the earliest preaching they said he was wrongly condemned, but they did not say there was any redemptive value in his violent death. Their good news was their declaration that God reversed the human verdict by raising Joshua to his own right hand.
The basic historical facts of Joshua ben Adam's death are quite plain. He was condemned to death in a Jewish court and executed by the Romans. The whole idea of an atonement by blood sacrifice in some kind of divine arrangement is not history, but an apocalyptic interpretation of history. It was a religious interpretation of a tragedy, an interpretation motivated at least in part by a need to rationalize a scandal. Instead of seeing men engaged in an act of senseless killing, God was seen killing his son to pay for the sins of the world. What God did was illustrated by the Old Testament story of Abraham killing his son as a sin-offering to God.

{From The Scandal of Joshua Ben Adam Part 4}

This is no biblical gospel :

The ben Adam society has one mission statement: it is to live and die in the service of humanity, to work unceasingly for the liberation of every oppressed human being.

{From The Scandal of Joshua Ben Adam Part 5}

He even goes on (in Part 9) to lay out why he doesn't believe the resurrection is historical fact!

Is that the "Historical Gospel" you are talking about Robert??

And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
I Corinthians 15:14

You need to check the roots of what you are touting here.

Robert Pate

Banned
This is the same Brinsmead who denied the atonement. What gospel does that? He seems to even deny the resurrection (and atonement) as the shocked disciples' way of rationalizing what happened:

{From The Scandal of Joshua Ben Adam Part 4}

This is no biblical gospel :

The ben Adam society has one mission statement: it is to live and die in the service of humanity, to work unceasingly for the liberation of every oppressed human being.

{From The Scandal of Joshua Ben Adam Part 5}

He even goes on (in Part 9) to lay out why he doesn't believe the resurrection is historical fact!

Is that the "Historical Gospel" you are talking about Robert??

And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
I Corinthians 15:14

You need to check the roots of what you are touting here.

You are way over your head with that material.

The first thing that you need to do is call on Christ to save you.

The Bible was written by Christians for Christians and the Holy Spirit is the interpreter.

nikolai_42

You are way over your head with that material.

The first thing that you need to do is call on Christ to save you.

The Bible was written by Christians for Christians and the Holy Spirit is the interpreter.

Brinsmead expends a lot of "ink" laying out the evidentiary "support" that Jesus was never resurrected. He uses such liberal scholarship as Karen Armstrong and John Dominic Crossan to bolster many of his arguments. And when it comes to the resurrection - while he does not deny it - he shows why it can't be proven! He knocks out all the evidential proofs and weakens biblical testimony! It's a back-handed shot at the biblical witness.

Now...you keep on saying how simple and straightforward Brinsmead's "Historical Gospel" is. But when it comes to him actually writing about it, one needs an advanced degree in philosophy or theology just to understand it?

Robert Pate

Banned
Brinsmead expends a lot of "ink" laying out the evidentiary "support" that Jesus was never resurrected. He uses such liberal scholarship as Karen Armstrong and John Dominic Crossan to bolster many of his arguments. And when it comes to the resurrection - while he does not deny it - he shows why it can't be proven! He knocks out all the evidential proofs and weakens biblical testimony! It's a back-handed shot at the biblical witness.

Now...you keep on saying how simple and straightforward Brinsmead's "Historical Gospel" is. But when it comes to him actually writing about it, one needs an advanced degree in philosophy or theology just to understand it?

If you got that material off of the enternet it may be false.

If it doesn't have a Brinsmead E-mail address, it is probably false.

Robert Pate

Banned

Brinsmead supports the resurrection. All that he is saying is that it cannot be proven.

Brinsmeads material is not for non-Christians which you are one of.

Validate your being a Christian by your Christian testimony. How and when did you accept Christ as your savior?

Cedarbay

Brinsmead supports the resurrection. All that he is saying is that it cannot be proven.

Brinsmeads material is not for non-Christians which you are one of.

Validate your being a Christian by your Christian testimony. How and when did you accept Christ as your savior?
Since you have every copy of Verdict, are you still strongly influenced by Brinsmead's teachings? What is he doing these days?

fishrovmen

Since you have every copy of Verdict, are you still strongly influenced by Brinsmead's teachings? What is he doing these days?

That's Pates bible right there, he places it over the true Bible.
He already admitted many times that he "learned" "the gospel" from the Verdict, not God's Word.