The Spiritual Man and the Fleshy Man

Robert Pate

Banned
I was recently told by a Forum member that I am dull and that I have no personality. I considered it to be a compliment.

Jesus said, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth: FOR HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF" John 16:13.

Nor will the one that is indwelt with the Spirit.

All of the men that were TV preachers were all men of the flesh. They appealed to the masses. Jan and Paul Crouch were probably more fleshy than some of the others. Their TV show was like a Hollywood production. None of those that were TV preachers preached the Gospel. They did not know what the Gospel was.

When the anti-Christ appears, Revelation 13:12-14. He is going to be mister personality himself. He is going to take everybody in with his charm and chrisma. Millions will flock after him.

I can tell quite a bit about each one of you by your mast heads. Mr. Religion wins first prize for being the most fleshy. He wants to make a statement.

Paul said, "Do you look on things after the outward appearance?" 2 Corinthians 10:7. The Corinthians said that Paul's physical appearance was weak and his speech was contemptable, 2 Corinthians 10:10. No, Paul was not a showboat preacher. Paul also had eye problems, he probably squinted a lot because he could not see well. No eye glasses in those days.

I suspect that Jesus was not a real handsome man like many depict him to be. He was probably a small Jewish man with a large nose. Isaiah said, "He has no form or comeliness; and when we see shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire of him" Isaiah 53:2.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
RP, you seem pretty flashy with your silver and theology club banner. You are a smooth talker and likely very good looking, with lots of charisma and hutzpah. Like Joel Osteen

Robert Pate

Banned
RP, you seem pretty flashy with your silver and theology club banner. You are a smooth talker and likely very good looking, with lots of charisma and hutzpah. Like Joel Osteen

Are you sure that you are looking at my mast head?

No, I am old, bald and ordinary.

Watch out for those flashy preachers. Jesus said, "Beware of Men" Matthew 10:17.

Last edited:

Bradley D

I was recently told by a Forum member that I am dull and that I have no personality. I considered it to be a compliment.

Robert, I disagree with that comment about you. I think you have plenty of spirit and personality.

God's Truth

Jesus said, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth: FOR HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF" John 16:13.

Nor will the one that is indwelt with the Spirit.

All of the men that were TV preachers were all men of the flesh. They appealed to the masses. Jan and Paul Crouch were probably more fleshy than some of the others. Their TV show was like a Hollywood production. None of those that were TV preachers preached the Gospel. They did not know what the Gospel was.

When the anti-Christ appears, Revelation 13:12-14. He is going to be mister personality himself. He is going to take everybody in with his charm and chrisma. Millions will flock after him.

I can tell quite a bit about each one of you by your mast heads. Mr. Religion wins first prize for being the most fleshy. He wants to make a statement.

Paul said, "Do you look on things after the outward appearance?" 2 Corinthians 10:7. The Corinthians said that Paul's physical appearance was weak and his speech was contemptable, 2 Corinthians 10:10. No, Paul was not a showboat preacher. Paul also had eye problems, he probably squinted a lot because he could not see well. No eye glasses in those days.

I suspect that Jesus was not a real handsome man like many depict him to be. He was probably a small Jewish man with a large nose. Isaiah said, "He has no form or comeliness; and when we see shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire of him" Isaiah 53:2.

Not how you look, but what you say makes you unattractive to those who want to find God.

What you say makes you attractive. You say we cannot obey and do not have to obey. What sinner would not like that?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
We cannot be sure what his thorn in the flesh was (2 Co 12:7).

:rolleyes: We worship him in spirit and in truth (Jn 4:24).

PureX

Hmmm … I don't think it should be considered a compliment, but nor do I think it should be assumed an insult, either. I think that so long as you are being yourself, naturally, and you are comfortable 'in your own skin', as they say, I see no reason that you should be held responsible for entertaining to others.

Then, on the other hand, doesn't the Bible say something about those who entertain others, for they entertain angels unbeknown to us … ?

I think being "spiritual" means being authentic to our own God-given natures. Sometimes that means being quiet and thoughtful rather than gregarious and entertaining. And that's just fine. Quiet and thoughtful people are excellent people good, too.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...[D]oesn't the Bible say something about those who entertain others...[?]"
1 Co 2:1
desismileys_1184.gif

"...I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh?..." ~ Tommy DeVito ~ Goodfellas

...[F]or they entertain angels unbeknown to us … ?
Heb 13:2

As a reminder PureX is number 37 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

glorydaz

Hmmm … I don't think it should be considered a compliment, but nor do I think it should be assumed an insult, either. I think that so long as you are being yourself, naturally, and you are comfortable 'in your own skin', as they say, I see no reason that you should be held responsible for entertaining to others.

Then, on the other hand, doesn't the Bible say something about those who entertain others, for they entertain angels unbeknown to us … ?

I think being "spiritual" means being authentic to our own God-given natures. Sometimes that means being quiet and thoughtful rather than gregarious and entertaining. And that's just fine. Quiet and thoughtful people are excellent people good, too.

Love this post. :thumb:

We are all individuals, and no one can tell how "fleshly" someone is by their "mast head".....whatever that is.