The Sins Of King David

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's right. David repented. When the Lord returns, he'll take a look at the heart (1 Sa 16:7). :sherlock:

Christ does not have to return to look at your heart.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Danoh

I said
Now connect the dots.By faith in Jesus Christ. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. And who quote the Word to you so you can hear it in your head???? The Holy Spirit.

Rom 10:17
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

YOU, Squeaky, HEAR it in YOUR head because YOU, Squeaky, are much more AUDITORY in YOUR communication WITH YOUR...self.

Of the Five Senses (Visual, or sight; Auditory, or sound; Tactile, or touch; Olfactory, or smell; Gustatory, or taste) YOUR Auditory is DOMINANT.

That is JUST YOU.

Such people (Auditory Dominant) tend use descriptive phrasing like "hear" and "clicks for me," etc.

Whereas someone more Visually Dominant will use descriptive phrasing like "see what I mean" and "get the picture," etc.

And reliance on the one over another of said senses will tend to be influenced by Level of Stress/Familiarity and or Context.

I once knew a guy, for example, who was highly Olfactory-Visual WITHIN a context like the following...

You'd ask him how to get some where and his entire description was "well, you drive to that McDonald's over there; go up a mile past the Dunkin Donuts; turn right; go til you see a Seven-Eleven..."

Once, when I asked him how the movie he had seen the night before had turned out, he replied "the popcorn was lousy..."

His wife, on the other hand, replied "We're never going there again - it was so LOUD I coudn't HEAR myself THINK."

People actually reveal their very mind and how they process thoughts, what their values are and so on, through these kinds of things - when you learn what RECURRENT patterns to LOOK for, lol.

YOURS is YOUR interpretation of what is actually nothing more than YOUR experiencing of YOUR mind's Memory Management - which YOU misinterpreted as being what those passages YOU cited are TALKING about.

Meaning, by the way, that - ten to one -YOU subvocalize when YOU read them, lol.

"Let me SEE now...now where did I PUT my keys..."

Who's spirit is that?

Your OWN to YOUR self.

Fact is, The Scripture is complete, or filled full.

The Spirit both put things to The Scripture's WRITER'S remembrance AND revealed TO THEM what He had determined to...FOR THEM TO WRITE DOWN, and...

THEY wrote it ALL down.

We HAVE IT NOW (the Bible).

And that process is over.

Were He the One still doing that - YOU would NEVER be wrong.

For THAT was the promise given THEM (It's writers).

Take Peter's advice on this....

He had been able to rely on his SENSES...but now, as his passing from this Earth loomed near; he was encouraging his readers to rely on THEIR MEMORY OF "the MORE SURE Word of Prophecy" or Prophetic Utterance he and the other writers were leaving behind with each THEIR passing from this Earth...

2 Peter 1:13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; 1:14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. 1:15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Thus, as that dear brother in the Lord, made ready to leave the SIGHT (Physical Senses) of this world behind, he encouraged his readers to walk, NOT by SIGHT (the Physical Senses) but by Faith IN the MORE SURE Word of Prophecy, he and his fellow writers in the Lord before him all the way back to Moses, had been moved by the Spirit to BOTH experience AND write down.

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Exodus 24:7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.

Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Isaiah 30:8 Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:

Isaiah 34:16 Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

Jeremiah 30:2 Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.

What you "HEARD" was your BOOK "learnin" - THEE Book!

From time in...The BOOK.

Well, THAT and YOUR interpretation of what YOU "heard."

Of your OWN voice.

Leave these "charismatic" notions OF YOURS to the "walk by SIGHT" (physical senses) of the Charismatics...

Danoh

I said
Grace is not salvation. If you want salvation you must have works.

Phil 2:12-13
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

The lost at times display a much more solid understanding of some phrasings found in Scripture than those who profess to "go by the Book."

As when the lost refer to a tough experience they underwent as "my baptism of fire..."

That is actually the correct understanding of what passages, say, in Matthew 3 and James 1, are talking about.

The lost actually get that right - in their use of that phrase.

Likewise with their use of phrasing like "what you need to do is go down to the gym and work OUT your frustration."

The reference is to that which is IN one and needs to be let out. In this, case, it needs to be PUT TO better use.

Paul's is a similar sense....

They HAVE it. It is IN them. They need to work it OUT.

They HAVE God IN them.

Because they ARE saved. They ARE His Temple.

Paul is REMINDING them that JUST AS they had MANIFESTED God-LIKE conduct (SAVED people conduct) in THEIR dealings WITH one another in PAUL'S presence, they should CONTINUE TO do so in his absence.

Paul is bascially REMINDING them to BE who they ARE IN Christ - to BE who God has MADE them IN His Son...

To work THAT out - to MANIFEST it.

To BE the SAVED people God HAS made them IN His Son.

He is reminding them to be the SONS of God He HAS made them IN Christ.

Philippians 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 2:4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Just as the Lord Himself had reminded Israel to be - to be Israel: HIS Chosen...

Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Though the Lord had obviously been speaking to Israel in light of how manifesting righteousness operates under the Law...

Mattew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[David repented. When the Lord returns, he'll take a look at the heart :sherlock: (1 Sa 16:7).] Christ does not have to return to look at your heart.
And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD’s anointed is before him.

But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart [1 Sam. 16:6–7].

"All through this section we are given excellent spiritual principles. In chapter 15 Samuel said to Saul, “To obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams” (1 Sam. 15:22). You and I demonstrate whether or not we are children of the Lord Jesus Christ by our love for Him. It is not what we say in a testimony; it is whether or not we are obeying Him. The Christian life is one of reality. It is not a life of “put–on” and pretense.

When God looks at us, friend, He looks at us from the inside. He is an interior decorator. He always checks the interior. Samuel looks at this well–built, handsome young man and feels this must be God’s choice for the next king of Israel. But God says to Samuel, “I don’t want you to look at his outward appearance. Don’t judge a man by his looks. Let me select the man this time. I will choose the king.” God sees the heart, and thank God for that. We are so apt to judge folk, even in Christian circles, by their looks, by their pocketbook, by their status symbol—the Cadillac they drive, by the home they live in, or by the position they occupy. God never judges anyone on that basis. He is telling Samuel not to pay any attention to the outward appearance. God is going to look at the heart..." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: History of Israel (1 and 2 Samuel) (electronic ed., Vol. 12, pp. 92–93). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

As a reminder Lazy afternoon is number 11 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If someone is "saved" but later they become "unsaved" then that means that they were never "saved" in the first place!

I said
Your only saved so that you can work out your salvation. If one doesn't use the time to work out their salvation God will destroy them.

Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
(NKJ)

Jude 1:5
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

I said
Your only saved so that you can work out your salvation. If one doesn't use the time to work out their salvation God will destroy them.

Phil 2:12
(NKJ)

The words at Phillipians 2:13 are addressed to those in the Body of Christ who are already saved. The Greek word translated "salvation"can also mean "deliverance." And that is the meaning here.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The words at Phillipians 2:13 are addressed to those in the Body of Christ who are already saved. The Greek word translated "salvation"can also mean "deliverance." And that is the meaning here.

I said
I'll tell you what. Why dont you go tell God He used the wrong word, that you dont approve. And what ever you do be sure to come back and tell me how that went.

2 Pet 3:16
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

I said
I'll tell you what. Why dont you go tell God He used the wrong word

He used the right word and the word "saved" in the verse is not taking about "the salvation of the soul" but instead about being saved from temporal things.

You have not explained why Paul would tell them to work out their own salvation even though they were already saved.

It is obvious that the "salvation" spoken of in that verse is not the salvation of the soul.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He used the right word and the word "saved" in the verse is not taking about "the salvation of the soul" but instead about being saved from temporal things.

I said
It would be nice if you knew the Holy Spirit because He gets into the deeper things of God. The bible is written in the milk understanding. But the Holy Spirit can take one a whole lot deeper in the context of each verse.

Jerry Shugart

I said
It would be nice if you knew the Holy Spirit because He gets into the deeper things of God. The bible is written in the milk understanding. But the Holy Spirit can take one a whole lot deeper in the context of each verse.

You can't even understand the most simple things revealed in the Scriptures. Paul's words which you quoted are written to those who have already received the salvation of their souls. But you say that Paul is telling them to work out the salvation of their souls.

That makes no sense but your confusion is so great that you cannot even understand this.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You can't even understand the most simple things revealed in the Scriptures. Paul's words which you quoted are written to those who have already received the salvation of their souls. But you say that Paul is telling them to work out the salvation of their souls.

That makes no sense but your confusion is so great that you cannot even understand this.

I said
That is because you are twisting the scriptures. Paul is telling them to work out their own saivation because they haven't done it yet. They are saved so that they can have time to work out their salvation.

Phil 2:12-13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:16
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
(NKJ)

It makes perfect sense if you read it in the right context.