the righteousness of God

heir

TOL Subscriber
The difference between the saved and the lost today is the righteousness of God. You cannot be "right with God" (as they say) without it. It does not come by the law or by doing something. It is unto all and upon all them that believe!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Believe what? Trust the Lord for salvation believing that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day. It's called the gospel of Christ and IT is where the righteousness of God is revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV today to all men Titus 2:11 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV).

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

When you believe, the righteousness of God will be imputed to you!

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
A holy God cannot sweep heinous sins under the carpet. :plain:

And he doesn't. A person's death pays for sin and then their sins are gone. After death a person is judged with regard to life.

heir

TOL Subscriber
And he doesn't. A person's death pays for sin and then their sins are gone. After death a person is judged with regard to life.

Christ took our place (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV) and paid the wages of sin (Romans 6:23 KJV)! Where are they now if they were cut off of Him (Colossians 2:11-13 KJV)?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ took our place (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV) and paid the wages of sin (Romans 6:23 KJV)! Where are they now if they were cut off of Him (Colossians 2:11-13 KJV)?

Jesus died and we are required to die with him so that we can be resurrected with him. Death frees us from past sins.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus died and we are required to die with him so that we can be resurrected with him.
Galatians 2:20 KJV
Death frees us from past sins.
All of yours and my sins were in the future when Christ was delivered for our offences and was raised again for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV) after having been made sin for us (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV)!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Our only requirement to have the righteousness of God upon us is believe!

Romans 3:21-22 KJV

False Prophet

1 But God has a way to make people right with him without the law, and he has now shown us that way which the law and the prophets told us about. 22 God makes people right with himself through their faith in Jesus Christ. This is true for all who believe in Christ, because all people are the same: Ro 3