The Plot by Bob Enyart

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The purpose of this thread is to discuss Bob Enyart's book, The Plot. The book, I believe, is the best theological treatise written since Martin Luther nailed something on the door of a church somewhere.

If you have read his book then your participation here is welcome and encouraged. If you have not read his book then this thread will be a waste of your time. Just know that it will not be difficult to tell whether you've read the book.

I've read the book multiple times. I bought my first copy back in the 90's when he sold it as an unpublished manuscript. I've also attended all of the seminars that he put on that were related to the book and have listened through the recordings of those seminars many times in the years since and, in fact, just completed listening through the seminar on The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, which is just mind blowing brilliance, by the way.

I just very recently bought a copy of the recently released 2nd edition of The Plot and am reading through it now. I'm a slow reader and so I'm only part of the way through chapter 2 at the moment but I'll get through the whole thing eventually.

In short, I am VERY familiar with Bob's book as well as all of his teachings. If any of you are or have read the book and have any questions, I've got to be as good a person to ask as almost anyone, not counting Will Duffy or Doug McBurney, neither of whom post on this website.

For those of you who have not read Bob's book, you do not understand the bible!

I'm kidding, of course, but only barely!

Read it!

The Plot by Bob Enyart

Unsettler

I was today years old when I finally understood the New Testament. I'm almost finished with Chapter 3 of The Plot. So far this book has been a jaw-dropping masterclass in pattern recognition. The 1st Chapter was mostly all things I already knew and believed, with the exception of the foreshadowing of two distinct estates in new heaven and new earth. The 2nd Chapter was when it all started coming together: Answers to hundreds of questions I had in the back of my mind since childhood, all started falling into place. I am amazed. With great awe and respect, I thank you, Bob (in heaven), and thank you, Clete!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I was today years old when I finally understood the New Testament. I'm almost finished with Chapter 3 of The Plot. So far this book has been a jaw-dropping masterclass in pattern recognition. The 1st Chapter was mostly all things I already knew and believed, with the exception of the foreshadowing of two distinct estates in new heaven and new earth. The 2nd Chapter was when it all started coming together: Answers to hundreds of questions I had in the back of my mind since childhood, all started falling into place. I am amazed. With great awe and respect, I thank you, Bob (in heaven), and thank you, Clete!
Oh man, I wish I read as fast as you do! I remember when I got my first copy of The Plot. I worked in a call center on the overnight shift. It was basically like collecting a welfare check because after about 10:00pm the phone barely ever rang at all. I got paid to sit and watch Nick at Night (i.e. the Nickelodeon Channel used to play reruns of old TV shows like Dragnet) and play card games with the half a dozen others who were getting paid to do the same thing. I brought that book in and read it straight through without hardly stopping at all.

Chapter three is sort of the boring preliminary stuff! I cannot wait till you get to the good stuff!

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The purpose of this thread is to discuss Bob Enyart's book, The Plot. The book, I believe, is the best theological treatise written since Martin Luther nailed something on the door of a church somewhere.
95 Theses
Wittenberg, Germany
If you have read his book then your participation here is welcome and encouraged. If you have not read his book then this thread will be a waste of your time. Just know that it will not be difficult to tell whether you've read the book.

I've read the book multiple times. I bought my first copy back in the 90's when he sold it as an unpublished manuscript.
Same. I was disappointed there was no scripture index so I created one myself. The Plot has a massive number of scripture references. But creating that index was a labor of love.
I've also attended all of the seminars that he put on that were related to the book and have listened through the recordings of those seminars many times in the years since and, in fact, just completed listening through the seminar on The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, which is just mind blowing brilliance, by the way.
I should reread The Tree chapter.
I just very recently bought a copy of the recently released 2nd edition of The Plot and am reading through it now.
Same. I'm currently in chapter 4. So far I haven't noticed any major changes. I think the 2nd edition is written even more clearly than the 1st edition. In the 2nd edition Bob often removes footnotes and incorporates them into the body of the text.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
95 Theses
Wittenberg, Germany
You got it.

Same. I was disappointed there was no scripture index so I created one myself. The Plot has a massive number of scripture references. But creating that index was a labor of love.
So, how does one get their hands on this index that you've created?

I should reread The Tree chapter.
Best chapter of the whole book, if you ask me.

Same. I'm currently in chapter 4. So far I haven't noticed any major changes. I think the 2nd edition is written even more clearly than the 1st edition. In the 2nd edition Bob often removes footnotes and incorporates them into the body of the text.
Yeah, I don't think there are any major changes, although I did find what I think is a typo or a miss wording or whatever you want to call it.

Near the end of chapter 2 on page 28, the first paragraph after the scripture quotation reads...

"Note too the overt similarity between the twelve tribes (Gen. 49:28); James 1:1), the twelve patriarchs (Acts 7:8) and the Twelve Apostles. And this parallelism even endures to the new earth, which has inscribed on its walls "the names of the twelve apostles" (Rev. 21:1, 14)."​

The new earth does not have walls. It's pretty obvious that he meant to say "...the New Jerusalem".

I haven't checked to see if that exists in the original version or not. It probably does.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yeah, I don't think there are any major changes, although I did find what I think is a typo or a miss wording or whatever you want to call it.

Near the end of chapter 2 on page 28, the first paragraph after the scripture quotation reads...

"Note too the overt similarity between the twelve tribes (Gen. 49:28); James 1:1), the twelve patriarchs (Acts 7:8) and the Twelve Apostles. And this parallelism even endures to the new earth, which has inscribed on its walls "the names of the twelve apostles" (Rev. 21:1, 14)."​

The new earth does not have walls. It's pretty obvious that he meant to say "...the New Jerusalem".

I haven't checked to see if that exists in the original version or not. It probably does.

Did he mention the New Jerusalem anywhere in the previous text?

Unsettler

Brothers, I just read the Tree of Life chapter. It was amazing, and I loved it. One question though... how do you feel about tithing? In the chapter, Bob said it is a part of the law, and we are not under the law. I tithe 10% of gross (the 1st 10%). I am happy to do so and feel particularly blessed by it. (A worker is worth his wages... and I love my church leaders and want to support them.) What is your perspective?

Edit: I just found this post, and I agree with it. I still want to hear your input though.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Brothers, I just read the Tree of Life chapter. It was amazing, and I loved it. One question though... how do you feel about tithing? In the chapter, Bob said it is a part of the law, and we are not under the law. I tithe 10% of gross (the 1st 10%). I am happy to do so and feel particularly blessed by it. (A worker is worth his wages... and I love my church leaders and want to support them.) What is your perspective?

Edit: I just found this post, and I agree with it. I still want to hear your input though.

I don't remember if Bob answered the tithing question in The Plot, but he definitely answers it in most of these shows:

Right Divider

Body part

Tithing is a lawful obligation.
Those in the body of Christ should simply give out of their free will.

2Cor 9:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:7) Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, [so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

This article might also help: https://graceambassadors.com/prophecy/law/reasons-to-stop-tithing

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Unsettler

Again, you are not making any sense. Every 10% is the same size.
There are 10 10%'s in a whole and they are all 10%.
If there are 10 slices of pizza in a single pizza pie, and I give you "the first 10%" of the pie, then you will get 1 slice. If, instead, I give you 10% of what remains (after the IRS takes 3 slices from the original 10), then the "10%" I give you at that point will really only be 70% of one slice of pizza.

Right Divider

Body part
If there are 10 slices of pizza in a single pizza pie, and I give you "the first 10%" of the pie, then you will get 1 slice. If, instead, I give you 10% of what remains (after the IRS takes 3 slices from the original 10), then the "10%" I give you at that point will really only be 70% of one slice of pizza.
No argument with that. Like I said, 10% of the WHOLE is always 10%.

Unsettler

Yep, the tithe is by compelsion(Barney Fife).
Yes. After listening to Bob's sermon for a while, I think the key concept (under grace) is cheerful giving. If giving 10% is a cheerful act of service for me, then it good, but if it is not cheerful for me, then it is bad. Now, what if my wife's cheer is slightly less than mine?