The Order of Salvation

Samie

God does not save unbelievers.
God saved us all (Past Tense), is saving us all (Present Tense), and will save the overcomers (Future Tense).

God saved us all by fashioning us into the body of His Son (Eph 2:14-16). We are born part of the body of Christ, all through the grace of God given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time (Titus 3:4-6; 2 Tim 1:8-9).

God is saving us all by NOT imputing against us any sin we now commit (2 Cor 5:18, 19), all sins having been forgiven (Col 2:13, 14) through the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Rev 13:8) and revealed at the cross of Calvary (2 Tim 1:9-10).

God will save ONLY the overcomers (Rev 3:5; 21:27) - those who have overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21) - and they will inherit life eternal (Matt 24:13; Mark 10:30).

God's Truth

God saved us all (Past Tense),
God did not save us all, He condemned us all and tells us we have to come to Christ to be saved.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

When Jesus saves someone that is when we are put in him, and he puts us in God.

Did you read that last scripture? That last scripture proves what you are saying is wrong. If all are already saved and in Christ, how is it they can perish?
is saving us all (Present Tense), and will save the overcomers (Future Tense).

God saved us all by fashioning us into the body of His Son (Eph 2:14-16). We are born part of the body of Christ, all through the grace of God given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time (Titus 3:4-6; 2 Tim 1:8-9).

God is saving us all by NOT imputing against us any sin we now commit (2 Cor 5:18, 19), all sins having been forgiven (Col 2:13, 14) through the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Rev 13:8) and revealed at the cross of Calvary (2 Tim 1:9-10).

God will save ONLY the overcomers (Rev 3:5; 21:27) - those who have overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21) - and they will inherit life eternal (Matt 24:13; Mark 10:30).

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I usually read carefully before I post. That's why I noticed an illogicality in your "logical sequence".

You are telling me "regeneration" first then comes the "hearing", BUT in your post quoted below the "hearing of scripture" occurs first before "regeneration".

Did you somehow commit a blunder, a mistake, maybe, in your "logical sequence" above?
Sigh.

The means of God's calling to all of His chosen is the preaching of the Good News by the ordained servant to all persons.

Until regenerated, one will not hear the call with ears that hear. So while the Good News is being promiscuously proclaimed to all outwardly, if the appointed time set by God is at hand, the un-regenerated elect will be quickened. He or she will hear (that is, now understand) what has and is being proclaimed, and not not believe.

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
To DENY that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil is to deny that Jesus is Lord, Colossians 2:15.

To DENY that Jesus by his life, death and resurrection has provided salvation for EVERYONE as a free gift of God, Ephesians 2:8.

Denying the work of Christ is a denial of the Gospel and will bring judgment and condemnation on all who do so.

Epoisses

You evade and run from the truth or deny it.

You deny the foundational truth of the gospel that Christ died for all men and is the savior of the world. He made one offering for all sin for all time and sat down on the right hand of God.

glorydaz

The operative word amongst that rubbish is the word "found"...they were looking, I was not, but I was found.

If you really feel the need to attack me pate please do so in a grammatically accurate and scripturally sound manner.

You should have put a comma before and after "pate", and you should have capitalized his name. :chew:

glorydaz

The difference between Truster's account and that of all the other religions above is that he was totally changed instantaneously - without even asking for it. Now, one could legitimately call him a bold-faced liar (if they knew he was simply telling stories) but what he has said of his conversion points to none of those groups. You may disagree with his theology, but the testimony he gives is of a radically changed life - and not at his own behest. If it was religion that found him, then religion is a lot more powerful than you give it credit for.

He just won't cop to his emptiness and need... (which he was seeking to fill in the bottom of a bottle).

I wasn't expecting to get saved, or even looking to get saved. My attention was caught by the state of the world around me, my fear and hope for survival, and some words from some prophets in an ancient book. Curiosity and fear led me listen to some Jehovah Witnesses that came to my cabin door talking about the end days. It was their mistranslation of John 1:1 that opened the door for the Spirit to further peak my attention. I was taken aback when they said, "The Word was A GOD". The Lord then led me to an old Jewish lady (converted) who preached the Gospel to me....and I heard and believed. Nope, I wasn't knowingly seeking, but I was definitely in great need to connect with my Creator. He is always reaching down waiting for us to reach up. Great Love.

I'm sure each of us can share our need....our seeking (whether in drink, or drugs, or just plain loneliness). We were all created with the need and the desire to seek out God. Some of us may be too proud or simply to dense to realize it.

So when I hear someone say they were not looking to get saved, I just chuckle.

glorydaz

As per your understanding of Scripture, before one "hears and believes" he is yet unsaved? If so, that's "cart before the horse".

If yet unsaved, one is NOT in Christ Who said APART from Him, man can do NOTHING (John 15:5).

So, if one is able to do the acts of "hearing and believing" that simply means he is able to do SOMETHING instead of NOTHING and therefore already In Christ. And to be in Christ is to be NOT lost, and therefore already saved.

Sorry, but your understanding of Scripture is diametrically opposite to the statement of Christ.

That's pretty silly since Christ was addressing those in the vine. He wasn't telling anyone how to get IN the vine. After the disciples were IN the vine, they could do nothing profitable without Christ. They could still wilt, turn brown and even be cut off, though, which those IN CHRIST cannot be.

Being IN the vine is not the same as being created IN CHRIST.

beloved57

To DENY that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil is to deny that Jesus is Lord, Colossians 2:15.

To DENY that Jesus by his life, death and resurrection has provided salvation for EVERYONE as a free gift of God, Ephesians 2:8.

Denying the work of Christ is a denial of the Gospel and will bring judgment and condemnation on all who do so.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost and condemned.

Samie

That's pretty silly since Christ was addressing those in the vine.
What's even more silly is claiming that those NEVER in the vine can do SOMETHING.

He wasn't telling anyone how to get IN the vine.
He was telling his disciples they can do NOTHING when NOT in Him. And that applies to every one else. But silly thing, you disagree.

After the disciples were IN the vine, they could do nothing profitable without Christ. They could still wilt, turn brown and even be cut off, though, which those IN CHRIST cannot be.
NO NEED to cut off those you consider as NEVER in Him.

Being IN the vine is not the same as being created IN CHRIST.
We all are; even if you don't agree.

glorydaz

What's even more silly is claiming that those NEVER in the vine can do SOMETHING.

He was telling his disciples they can do NOTHING when NOT in Him. And that applies to every one else. But silly thing, you disagree.

NO NEED to cut off those you consider as NEVER in Him.

We all are; even if you don't agree.

Jesus isn't talking about His body when He speaks of the vine.

He had not yet been to the cross or been resurrected.
The Holy Spirit had not yet been given.

You see no mention of being baptised into His body by the Holy Spirit, do you?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.​

God's Truth

Jesus' earthly ministry was about how to get in him and be put in the Father.

Jesus tells the Jews exactly what to do to be a part of his body.

Jesus tells the Jews to drink his blood and eat his flesh.

That is about being in his body and his body being in us.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus' earthly ministry was about how to get in him and be put in the Father.

Jesus tells the Jews exactly what to do to be a part of his body.

Jesus tells the Jews to drink his blood and eat his flesh.

That is about being in his body and his body being in us.

Unreal. Your theology is that of a 5 year old.

Jesus came into the world to be the savior of the world, John 12:47. In our name and on our behalf he fulfills God's Holy Law, Matthew 5:18. In our name and on our behalf he atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

We have been MADE perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

God's Truth

Unreal. Your theology is that of a 5 year old.
You just called the words of Jesus as that of a 5 year old.
All I said was Jesus came to earth and told the people how to get in him to be saved and you demean it.
Jesus came into the world to be the savior of the world, John 12:47.

He came first for the Jews who already belonged to God.

In our name and on our behalf he fulfills God's Holy Law, Matthew 5:18.
In 'our' name? What?

In our name and on our behalf he atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

We have been MADE perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

You have to enter him.

He has to put you in him.

There are conditions.

Epoisses

Robert Pate, you are beginning to sound like a Universalist.

You're a legalist from some 3rd world country who probably doesn't have running water. You have no clue what the gospel is and never will. The gospel is what Christ did that you can never do for yourself. You can't perform one righteous act or one good deed, the best you can do is bow to the Almighty and hold your hand out like a beggar.