the only "works of the Law" that are of no effect are kosher laws and such

republicanchick

the only works of the Law that are of no effect are kosher laws and such

Moses gave God's laws to the Israelites, which included laws on not eating pork, how to prepare the Passover meal, etc.

Those are the only Laws of God that no longer apply since Jesus came

The Law of Morality (Ten Commandments, Christ's more specific Commandments) stand, and will forever.

All through the Bible it says that one will be judged by his deeds...

it is total hogwash that once you are "saved" you can do whatever u want and won't lose your salvation...

Loony tunes, that.

_

__

Robert Pate

Banned

Moses gave God's laws to the Israelites, which included laws on not eating pork, how to prepare the Passover meal, etc.

The Law of Morality (Ten Commandments, Christ's more specific Commandments) stand, and will forever.

it is total hogwash that once you are "saved" you can do whatever u want and won't lose your salvation...

Loony tunes, that.

_

__

What is the law?

The law is the very nature and character of God.

Jesus was Gods law incarnate in human flesh. He was the epitome of the law.

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21.

The law effects every aspect of ones life. There is not one thing in a persons life that is not dictated to by the law.

The Galatians who were trying to be justified by the law, much like yourself, heard Paul say..."But that no man is justified by the works of the law in the sight of God" Galatians 3:11.

WHY?

"Because by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Nazaroo

Typical confused Roman Catholic thinking.

The Food Laws aren't the ones that were "cancelled".

Its the Temple Laws that aren't applicable, because there's no temple.

So thats already a set of laws that are at least temporarily cancelled.

Nowhere are the food laws cancelled.

chair

The "Law" is for the Israelites.
This is even true of the Ten Commandments. Read them, from the beginning, and see who they are addressed to.

Christians tend to get caught up in this because in the early days of the Church many Christians were observant Jews. This is reflected in some of Paul's letters.

turbosixx

Loony tunes, that.

_

__

That's right. That's why it says "of the law" and not just works or works of righteousness.

SaulToPaul 2

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

In the future,

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

I do not need the Magisterium to put 2 and 2 together for me on this one.

republicanchick

The Galatians who were trying to be justified by the law, much like yourself, heard Paul say..."But that no man is justified by the works of the law in the sight of God" Galatians 3:11.

3:20.[/B]

show proof of how I have tried to justify myself by the law

I know better than most that if I were judged by the Law alone, i would be toast. I know that Jesus forgives all my violations of the Law, Jesus -- not my own "goodness." Without Jesus, no one has objective goodness, to speak of (though we are created in God's image)

__