The Omnipotent Paradox?

Yes.
We also should remember that God set the stars in the heavens, and scientists claim the stars are much bigger than Jupiter.

Yes, and as I pointed out, God is a spirit, which means that material restrictions do not apply to Him (like you pointed out with the reference to muscles).

I guess this all goes back to the OP's question about what exactly is an omnipotent being.

Really, you're right, Jupiter is a punk, in the scheme of things. (It just seemed like a really big rock to use as an example.) But the enormity of God is something, as if, not realized by many.

You see a lot in prophecy, where people say red tide is the blood turned to water in scripture, or the locusts of Revelation are helicopters, things like this, entirely glossing over the concept God can literally turn water to blood, that there could be actual demonic creatures let loose, etc. The One who created the entire universe, who can created such awesome vastness at will, and from nothing we know of, including all life, in all its forms of earth and heaven, is, to my mind, hard pressed to imagine what He couldn't do.

The Spirit of God controls matter like a play thing. Also, He is eternal, and what limits a Person of eternity, of no origin, which is unbounded in its very concept? We can't, in any form, reduce God to our infantile level and material limitations.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Looks like old Chad wasn't really serious about getting answers anyway.

I want my answers about why Doc and Marty didn't see the world change around them when Biff delivered the Sports Almanac to his younger self.

musterion

I want my answers about why Doc and Marty didn't see the world change around them when Biff delivered the Sports Almanac to his younger self.

I want to know why history didn't change when Luke Skywalker went back in time to rescue the whales.

SonOfCaleb

Thanks for not posting the video. I mean that.

Secondly, I think it's important to understand that the term "omnipotence" refers to an imaginary state that we human beings could not possibly comprehend in actuality. And this is why whenever someone applies the idea of omnipotence to an actual condition, it creates a conundrum. It's a conundrum that has no solution, because we humans cannot actually define an unlimited state, like "omnipotence". Just as we cannot actually define any limitless condition or circumstance. These exist in our minds as idealized concepts. But if they exist in reality, we cannot ascertain them. "Infinity", "perfection", "omniscience", "omnipotence", "eternity": these ideals are not actually comprehensible by we limited human beings, because they are ideas based on limitlessness. And we humans are limited beings. We can't perceive limitlessness. We can't really even understand how it could exist. We can only imagine it as an ideal. And so they remain, to us.

There are a great many questions to which an honest and intelligent human will respond; "I don't know". Or, "I can only imagine".

What it demonstrates is how limited and quantitative human reasoning is. These so called paradoxs are based on a limited set of human criteria as well as a stunted understanding of what omnipotence should be.
In essence unless a recognized analogous human thought process or concept can be applied to it the proponents of this so called paradox assume that a paradox exists. This kind of linear thinking is just as flawed as the learned men in the Middle Ages who'd also quarrel over how "many Angels could dance on the head of a pin". This was the kind of nonsense that kept so called scholars up at night....