The Old Testament Law

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
old testament law of sin and death
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
2 Pet 2:8
8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)--
1 Tim 1:9-10
9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
Rom 7:13
13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
Rom 7:10-11
10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.
Rom 7:5-7
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
Gal 3:24-25
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Gal 6:3-8
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For each one shall bear his own load.
6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
Gal 6:12-14
12 As many as desire to make a good showing in the flesh, these would compel you to be circumcised, only that they may not suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh.
14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Rom 8:1-4
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed the priesthood,He changed the Law, He annulled the commandments, and He made the covenant obsolete. But Jesus only done it for Christians.

Heb 7:11-12
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Rom 10:4-5
5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, "The man who does those things shall live by them."
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
old testament law of sin and death
2 Pet 2:8
8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)--
1 Tim 1:9-10
9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
Rom 7:13
13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
Rom 7:10-11
10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.
Rom 7:5-7
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
Gal 3:24-25
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Gal 6:3-8
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For each one shall bear his own load.
6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
Gal 6:12-14
12 As many as desire to make a good showing in the flesh, these would compel you to be circumcised, only that they may not suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh.
14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Rom 8:1-4
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 10:4
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed the priesthood,He changed the Law, He annulled the commandments, and He made the covenant obsolete. But Jesus only done it for Christians.

Heb 7:11-12
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Rom 10:4-5
5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, "The man who does those things shall live by them."
(NKJ)
Shalom.

I am a Jew, of Israel.

When a person sins, they die. Think of Adam and Eve.

Is there a punishment of death for all sin according to the Law?

What is the difference between a sin leading to death and a sin not leading to death?

The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts, in Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I am a Jew, of Israel.

When a person sins, they die. Think of Adam and Eve.

Is there a punishment of death for all sin according to the Law?

What is the difference between a sin leading to death and a sin not leading to death?

The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts, in Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
When a person sins they get chastised. and if they keep sinning that's leads to death. Jesus gave us repentance. There are three kinds of sin.
Three Types Of Sin

The ones you dont have to repent of.

1 Pet 4:8
8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."
(NKJ)

The ones you must repent of.

2 Pet 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
(NKJ)

And the unforgiveable sin. That it doesnt do any good to repent of.
Matt 12:31-32
31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
When a person sins they get chastised. and if they keep sinning that's leads to death. Jesus gave us repentance. There are three kinds of sin.
Three Types Of Sin

The ones you dont have to repent of.

1 Pet 4:8
8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."
(NKJ)

The ones you must repent of.

2 Pet 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
(NKJ)

And the unforgiveable sin. That it doesnt do any good to repent of.
Matt 12:31-32
31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
(NKJ)
Shalom.

The wages or penalty of or for sin is death. Some Commandments carry the death penalty if they are transgressed. If you have sinned you must repent. What is a sin not leading to death? A person's love of or for you despite your sin does not mean that you do not need to repent.

Each and every person must repent of their sin when they turn to God, when they have faith in God and Jesus, to be forgiven their sin and be granted the free gift of eternal life. When a person does this, confessing their sin and confessing Jesus as Lord, believing the truth about God and Jesus and the truth about their own self, the Spirit of God comes to dwell in them by faith. It is then that they can be called a believer.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

The wages or penalty of or for sin is death. Some Commandments carry the death penalty if they are transgressed. If you have sinned you must repent. What is a sin not leading to death? A person's love of or for you despite your sin does not mean that you do not need to repent.

Each and every person must repent of their sin when they turn to God, when they have faith in God and Jesus, to be forgiven their sin and be granted the free gift of eternal life. When a person does this, confessing their sin and confessing Jesus as Lord, believing the truth about God and Jesus and the truth about their own self, the Spirit of God comes to dwell in them by faith. It is then that they can be called a believer.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Your own opinion is always riddled with deception. Anyone who confesses Jesus as Lord doesn't go back and keep any part of the old testament. Your speaking with that forked tongue again. Your a double minded man.

[Jhn 10:1-8
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5 "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your own opinion is always riddled with deception. Anyone who confesses Jesus as Lord doesn't go back and keep any part of the old testament. Your speaking with that forked tongue again. Your a double minded man.

[Jhn 10:1-8
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5 "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
Shalom.

No. I am obeying God and Jesus by Jesus' teaching in Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

No. I am obeying God and Jesus by Jesus' teaching in Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
No your not. Jesus taught us how to fulfill the law, and your not doing it.
[Jhn 10:8

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
No your not. Jesus taught us how to fulfill the law, and your not doing it.
[Jhn 10:8
Shalom.

I am Jewish. I am a Jew, of Israel. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. I obey God's Commandments in the Torah, the TaNaKh, and the rest of the Bible.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I am Jewish. I am a Jew, of Israel. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. I obey God's Commandments in the Torah, the TaNaKh, and the rest of the Bible.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Your lying again. You don't obey Jesus you don't even believe Jesus. You called Him a liar. Why do you play these games?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your lying again. You don't obey Jesus you don't even believe Jesus. You called Him a liar. Why do you play these games?

Shalom.

No. You are incorrect. Jesus is the Son of God. Everything that He said is from God. Everything that He said is true.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

No. You are incorrect. Jesus is the Son of God. Everything that He said is from God. Everything that He said is true.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Your lying again. Jesus said all who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers. You said that is not true. Why do you keep lying to yourself. And Me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your lying again. Jesus said all who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers. You said that is not true. Why do you keep lying to yourself. And Me.
Shalom.

I believe the verse. I do not believe what you are saying. What did they steal? Whom did they rob? No one. And the verse is still true.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I believe the verse. I do not believe what you are saying. What did they steal? Whom did they rob? No one. And the verse is still true.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
That is called wavering.
[Jas 1:6-8
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8 [he is] a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
That is called wavering.
[Jas 1:6-8
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8 [he is] a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
Shalom.

I am not wavering at all. I believe everything that Jesus said. I completely trust His word. His word is the word of God. I accept the entire Bible. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah and the Commandments of Torah, the Commandments found in the Torah. If you understand the Torah, and that Jesus observed and taught it, per Matthew 5:17-20 where it says we are to keep and teach the commandments of the Law, you will understand that Jesus did not refer to the prophets who obviously taught or related God's word to the people, as thieves and robbers, except in that if He was referring to or including these it was a comparative statement to His every word, thought, and deed, every teaching and action, even in His perfection in all things, perfect obedience, and absence of all sin, as He is the Prophet foretold, the Messiah, and the very only begotten Son of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I am not wavering at all. I believe everything that Jesus said. I completely trust His word. His word is the word of God. I accept the entire Bible. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah and the Commandments of Torah, the Commandments found in the Torah. If you understand the Torah, and that Jesus observed and taught it, per Matthew 5:17-20 where it says we are to keep and teach the commandments of the Law, you will understand that Jesus did not refer to the prophets who obviously taught or related God's word to the people, as thieves and robbers, except in that if He was referring to or including these it was a comparative statement to His every word, thought, and deed, every teaching and action, even in His perfection in all things, perfect obedience, and absence of all sin, as He is the Prophet foretold, the Messiah, and the very only begotten Son of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Your lying again. You don't accept the fact that the old testament is obsolete.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said

Shalom.

Is what was becoming obsolete now obsolete? Did Jeremiah know it was becoming obsolete or was it the writer of Hebrews about Jeremiah or to or in regard to his own day? Will something be obsolete some day?

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Is what was becoming obsolete now obsolete? Did Jeremiah know it was becoming obsolete or was it the writer of Hebrews about Jeremiah or to or in regard to his own day? Will something be obsolete some day?

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Your playing them stupid word games again. When we received the new covenant, that made the first one obsolete. And you said on the other thread that was going to be your last reply to me. Are you lying again?

beameup

I said

The "Old Testament" was in effect throughout the four gospels; throughout Christ's ministry.
You don't get to the "New Testament" until the 2nd chapter of Acts.
Israel rejected the "New Testament" when it stoned Stephen, when they committed the "unpardonable sin".

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The "Old Testament" was in effect throughout the four gospels; throughout Christ's ministry.
You don't get to the "New Testament" until the 2nd chapter of Acts.
Israel rejected the "New Testament" when it stoned Stephen, when they committed the "unpardonable sin".

I said

[Mat 11:12
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
[Luk 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets [were] until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.

[2Co 3:14
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the [veil] is taken away in Christ.
[Heb 9:16-17
16 For where there [is] a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament [is] in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your playing them stupid word games again. When we received the new covenant, that made the first one obsolete. And you said on the other thread that was going to be your last reply to me. Are you lying again?

Shalom.

I said that was my last reply on that thread. I have no idea why you are accusing me of lying. If you are done replying to my replies, okay.

Jesus said He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I do not know why people say one of God's covenants is obsolete, when you quoted about a covenant that would become obsolete or that was becoming obsolete. Why do you believe that this covenant is obsolete? And, when? Why do you believe that it was becoming obsolete and when do you believe that it became obsolete, if you still do?

Shalom.

Jacob