The Myth of saying that God Loved all men in the world without exception !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

Yeah, He not only Purposed to love the elect Chosen in Christ, He actually Loved them in Christ before the foundation as He loved Christ before the foundation John 17:23-24 ! He loved them before they had any being and before they did any good or evil Rom 9:11-13 !

I know you understand that!

Sure! He loved them in Christ before time began 2 Tim. 1:9;
only a remnant of humanity that God Purposed to Love.

~~~~~

Interplanner

Its very clear that God destined men to be unbelievers /disobedient to the word ! 1 Peter 2:8 !

Just don't let anyone know, OK? God does want as many as possible to believe and enjoy his grace and fellowship. If you don't believe that, you are some kind of S-M-ist.

Interplanner

???
2 Pet 3:9

As for S&M, it is exactly S&M to seek other people's harm. So you seek their well-being, Rom 1, the Gospel is the power of God for salvation/health.

Jn 6:40: it is my Father's will that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

Danoh

John 3:16 is clear.

He says he so loved the world.

He does not say He so loved the world with a few exceptions.

II Peter 1:20 on you!

Lol; if you want to know what that "world" was, at that time, go by passages like those of John chapter one.

Whoops, there comes Jerry, lol

No - over there; that guy knocking people over as he rushes to his soap box, lol

beloved57

Who are the objects of His Everlasting Love ? 2

Who are the objects of His Everlasting Love ? 2

That Love by which they were Loved from everlasting Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

This word lovingkindess, which is obviously related to that everlasting Love preceding, its the hebrew word checed and basically means favor,

keep-eth the covenant and the lovingkindness

Its a Faithful Covenant Love of God to His Creatures chosen in Christ,

Its the same word for mercy here Ps 103:17

17 But the mercy or faithful covenant Love,favor of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

You see, the from everlasting agrees with the Love spoken of in Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

This Love has no beginning or ending for those who are the objects of it !

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Its very clear that God destined men to be unbelievers /disobedient to the word !

Not if you believe what the Bible says.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord delayeth not his promise, as some imagine, but dealeth patiently for your sake, not willing that any should perish, but that all should return to penance.

God's will is that none will not be saved.

beloved57

the barb

I do, but apparently you dont !

Its very clear that God destined men to be unbelievers /disobedient to the word ! 1 Peter 2:8 !

You think that is a quote from the funny papers or something ? Its a quote from the bible !

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

No, you don't. Like other cafeteria Christians, you take the parts you like, and reject the rest. God says that He is unwilling that any person might be lost.

You reject that, because you don't want it to be true. But your preferences don't oblige God to change.

Instead of making up new doctrines for God to follow, why not just accept it His way? Instead of trying to prooftext against God's word, just accept it.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord delayeth not his promise, as some imagine, but dealeth patiently for your sake, not willing that any should perish, but that all should return to penance.

Set your pride and will aside, and let Him be God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Barbarian observes:

No, you don't. Like other cafeteria Christians, you take the parts you like, and reject the rest. God says that He is unwilling that any person might be lost.

You reject that, because you don't want it to be true. But your preferences don't oblige God to change.

Instead of making up new doctrines for God to follow, why not just accept it His way? Instead of trying to prooftext against God's word, just accept it.

Set your pride and will aside, and let Him be God.

:thumb:

beloved57

Having Loved His Own in the World !

Having Loved His Own in the World !

Jn 13:1

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Now who are His Own ? Its His Own Sheep Jn 10:4

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Its His Own Church Eph 5:29

For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

His Own House Heb 3:6

But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end

Now all His Own People constitute a World that He Loved ! The word world kosmos means:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

Its the sum total of any particulars, for instance, the sum total of His Sheep, a 100 % count of His Own Sheep is a World ! He Loved His Own Sheep Jn 10:4 that were in the World, thats the World He so Loved !

Nanja

That Love by which they were Loved from everlasting Jer 31:3

This word lovingkindess, which is obviously related to that everlasting Love preceding, its the hebrew word checed and basically means favor,

keep-eth the covenant and the lovingkindness

Its a Faithful Covenant Love of God to His Creatures chosen in Christ,

Its the same word for mercy here Ps 103:17

17 But the mercy or faithful covenant Love,favor of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

You see, the from everlasting agrees with the Love spoken of in Jer 31:3

This Love has no beginning or ending for those who are the objects of it !

God's Everlasting Covenant Love and Mercy was always only for the segment of humanity
which was Elected in Union with Christ Eph. 1:4-5, His Body, the Church, before the foundation of the world:
The Vessels of God's Mercy which He had afore prepared unto Glory Rom. 9:23. For Mercy denotes Salvation.

Titus 3:5-7
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,
by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (v.6) Which he shed on us abundantly
through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

That's the same Inheritance promised to the Elect in:

Eph. 1:11
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated
according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will

1 Pet. 1:4-5
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
(v.5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

But, all the remainder, the non-elect, God has no love or mercy for: No Salvation.

Rev. 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night,
who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

No rest = No salvation!

~~~~~

beloved57

God's Everlasting Covenant Love and Mercy was always only for the segment of humanity
which was Elected in Union with Christ Eph. 1:4-5, His Body, the Church, before the foundation of the world:
The Vessels of God's Mercy which He had afore prepared unto Glory Rom. 9:23. For [B]Mercy denotes Salvation[/B].Yes

Titus 3:5-7
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,
by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (v.6) Which he shed on us abundantly
through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

That's the same Inheritance promised to the Elect in:

Eph. 1:11
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated
according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will

1 Pet. 1:4-5
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
(v.5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

But, all the remainder, the non-elect, God has no love or mercy for: No Salvation.

Rev. 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night,
who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

No rest = No salvation!

~~~~~

Very good observations !

beloved57

If God so loved us, then we shall Live !

If God so loved us, then we shall Live !

If God so Loved us Jn 3:16 ! The Prophet Isaiah wrote this Ezk 16:6-8

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

7 I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

There comes a time in the life of everyone God Loves, a time when He commands that they Live [unto God] Rom 6:11;Gal 2:19, He says unto them Live;

The NT counterpart version again towards them He so Loved, with a Great Love, He makes them alive Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us Jn 3:16,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

That word quickened is the greek word suzóopoieó and means:

I make alive together with. I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken.

This commanding Life or to Live is based solely upon what Christ has done for them, for He by His death for them abolished death and brings their life and immortality to light by the Gospel 2 Tim 1:9-10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Folks all for whom Christ died, for them death has been abolished[ bring to nought, make of none effect], because the reason for death is sin, and by His death He put away [for them] sin Heb 9:26, when He put away sin, He put away death, for what is death but the wages of sin Rom 6:23 ?

And when He gives them Life, its brought to light by the Gospel, believing the Gospel is evidence one has eternal or immortal Life. Thats why the Gospel must be Preached to Spiritually alive People, then it brings to light the accomplishments of Christ's death for them, how it put away their sins , then death, and gave them Life, and that Proves that God so Loved them and said to them Live !

Conclusion, If God never commands one to Live so that they Live, then He never Loved them !

beloved57

Jn 3:16, the World of Gods Elect in Christ !

Jn 3:16, the World of Gods Elect in Christ !

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This is a World that is in Christ Jesus, for Gods Love is exclusive in Christ Jesus, Paul writes of it as the Love of God which is in Christ Jesus Our Lord Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In the original, the word Love is preceded by the definite article :

οὔτε ὕψωμα οὔτε βάθος οὔτε τις κτίσις ἑτέρα δυνήσεται ἡμᾶς χωρίσαι ἀπὸ τῆς ἀγάπης τοῦ θεοῦ τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν

This Love of God is Particular for the Us , which points back to Gods Elect in Vs 33 Rom 8:32-34

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

This World of Gods Elect had been Chosen in Christ before the foundation, and Loved in Him before the foundation, in fact its those whom Jesus Prays for here Jn 17:20-24

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Christ Loved those He Prayed for in Vs 20 which were not only His Present disciples excluding judas, but for all whom would come to believe on Him through their Testimony of the Gospel, and they were Loved by the Father as Christ was Loved by Him, even before the foundation of the world, because they were in Election Union with Him as the Body and Members of His. So that Love of them in Jn 3:16 by the Father is the same Love of the Father towards them in Jn 17:23-24 centered in their Election Union with Christ their Head, and so it confirms that Jn 3:16 is that same Love of God which is in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39 which is to the Elect Rom 8:33; Eph 1:4-5 ! There is No Love of God to any creature outside of a Election Union in Christ before the foundation !

Nanja

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This is a World that is in Christ Jesus, for Gods Love is exclusive in Christ Jesus, Paul writes of it as the Love of God which is in Christ Jesus Our Lord Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In the original, the word Love is preceded by the definite article :

οὔτε ὕψωμα οὔτε βάθος οὔτε τις κτίσις ἑτέρα δυνήσεται ἡμᾶς χωρίσαι ἀπὸ τῆς ἀγάπης τοῦ θεοῦ τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν

This Love of God is Particular for the Us , which points back to Gods Elect in Vs 33 Rom 8:32-34

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

This World of Gods Elect had been Chosen in Christ before the foundation, and Loved in Him before the foundation, in fact its those whom Jesus Prays for here Jn 17:20-24

Christ Loved those He Prayed for in Vs 20 which were not only His Present disciples excluding judas, but for all whom would come to believe on Him through their Testimony of the Gospel, and they were Loved by the Father as Christ was Loved by Him, even before the foundation of the world, because they were in Election Union with Him as the Body and Members of His. So that Love of them in Jn 3:16 by the Father is the same Love of the Father towards them in Jn 17:23-24 centered in their Election Union with Christ their Head, and so it confirms that Jn 3:16 is that same Love of God which is in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39 which is to the Elect Rom 8:33; Eph 1:4-5 ! There is No Love of God to any creature outside of a Election Union in Christ before the foundation !

Thank You for this very God-Glorifying, edifying post!

~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.