The Mosaic Law, What is it?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Rishon, Ziv 18. I am a Jew. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah.

What is the Mosaic Law? I know of the Law of Moses and the Torah. I do not know how to define the Law of Moses, but the Law or the Law of Moses have been used to refer to the same books as the books of the Torah, God's Law or Instruction. I know also of the words the Five Books of Moses for these books, the first five in the TaNaKh and the Bible, what Christians often call the Old Testament (though after the first five the rest of the books are arranged or ordered differently, whether TaNaKh or Old Testament).

What do the terms the Law of Moses and the Mosaic Law refer to? Is Genesis a part of the Law of Moses?

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

The Mosaic laws that govern the sacrifices, festivals, circumcision, and other Sabbath Days. Those things and the old priesthood have been done away with. What remains is the Seventh Day Sabbath and the moral commands of God.

Joshua 8:31
as Moses the servant of the Lord had commanded the Israelites. He built it according to what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses—an altar of uncut stones, on which no iron tool had been used. On it they offered to the Lord burnt offerings and sacrificed fellowship offerings.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Joshua 8:32
There, in the presence of the Israelites, Joshua wrote on stones a copy of the law of Moses.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Joshua 23:6
“Be very strong; be careful to obey all that is written in the Book of the Law of Moses, without turning aside to the right or to the left.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

1 Kings 2:3
and observe what the Lord your God requires: Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you goIn Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

2 Kings 14:6
Yet he did not put the children of the assassins to death, in accordance with what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses where the Lord commanded: “Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin.”In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

2 Kings 23:25
Neither before nor after Josiah was there a king like him who turned to the Lord as he did—with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his strength, in accordance with all the Law of Moses.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

2 Chronicles 23:18
Then Jehoiada placed the oversight of the temple of the Lord in the hands of the Levitical priests, to whom David had made assignments in the temple, to present the burnt offerings of the Lord as written in the Law of Moses, with rejoicing and singing, as David had ordered.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

2 Chronicles 30:16
Then they took up their regular positions as prescribed in the Law of Moses the man of God. The priests splashed against the altar the blood handed to them by the Levites.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Ezra 3:2
Then Joshua son of Jozadak and his fellow priests and Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel and his associates began to build the altar of the God of Israel to sacrifice burnt offerings on it, in accordance with what is written in the Law of Moses the man of God.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Ezra 7:6
this Ezra came up from Babylon. He was a teacher well versed in the Law of Moses, which the Lord, the God of Israel, had given. The king had granted him everything he asked, for the hand of the Lord his God was on him.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Nehemiah 8:1
all the people came together as one in the square before the Water Gate. They told Ezra the teacher of the Law to bring out the Book of the Law of Moses, which the Lord had commanded for Israel.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Daniel 9:11
All Israel has transgressed your law and turned away, refusing to obey you. “Therefore the curses and sworn judgments written in the Law of Moses, the servant of God, have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against you.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Daniel 9:13
Just as it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come on us, yet we have not sought the favor of the Lord our God by turning from our sins and giving attention to your truth.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Luke 2:22
[ Jesus Presented in the Temple ] When the time came for the purification rites required by the Law of Moses, Joseph and Mary took him to Jerusalem to present him to the LordIn Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Luke 24:44
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

John 7:23
Now if a boy can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing a man’s whole body on the Sabbath?In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Acts 13:39
Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Acts 15:5
Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.”In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Acts 15:21
For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Acts 28:23
They arranged to meet Paul on a certain day, and came in even larger numbers to the place where he was staying. He witnessed to them from morning till evening, explaining about the kingdom of God, and from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets he tried to persuade them about Jesus.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

1 Corinthians 9:9
For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.” Is it about oxen that God is concerned?In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Hebrews 10:28
Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

CherubRam

The books of Moses contain both the Mosaic laws and the commands of God. They are mixed together, but are separate. The commandments were inside the Ark, and the laws of Moses on the outside of the Ark

CherubRam

Deuteronomy 31:26
Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

The commandments were inside the ark.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Thank you for your responses. They are helpful. However, I believe that the Law and the Prophets have not been abolished. All of God's law is moral, so I do not know why someone would say less than this.

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

Shalom.

Thank you for your responses. They are helpful. However, I believe that the Law and the Prophets have not been abolished. All of God's law is moral, so I do not know why someone would say less than this.

Shalom.

Jacob

[FONT=&quot]Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zechariah 11:7-11. Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant.

Zechariah 11
7 So I pastured the flock marked for slaughter, particularly the oppressed of the flock. Then I took two staffs and called one Favor and the other Union, and I pastured the flock.
8 In one month I got rid of the three shepherds.
The flock detested me, and I grew weary of them 9 and said, "I will not be your shepherd. Let the dying die, and the perishing perish. Let those who are left eat one another's flesh."
10 Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.
11 It was revoked on that day, and so the afflicted of the flock who were watching me knew it was the word [Yahshua] of [the Lord / Yahwah.]

The Sadducees were members of a Jewish sect founded in the second century BC, possibly as a political party. They ceased to exist sometime after the first century AD.

Thus the Three Shepherds: Sanhedrin, Sadducees, and Pharisees.

[/FONT]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
[FONT=&quot]Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zechariah 11:7-11. Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant.

Zechariah 11
7 So I pastured the flock marked for slaughter, particularly the oppressed of the flock. Then I took two staffs and called one Favor and the other Union, and I pastured the flock.
8 In one month I got rid of the three shepherds.
The flock detested me, and I grew weary of them 9 and said, "I will not be your shepherd. Let the dying die, and the perishing perish. Let those who are left eat one another's flesh."
10 Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.
11 It was revoked on that day, and so the afflicted of the flock who were watching me knew it was the word [Yahshua] of [the Lord / Yahwah.]

The Sadducees were members of a Jewish sect founded in the second century BC, possibly as a political party. They ceased to exist sometime after the first century AD.

Thus the Three Shepherds: Sanhedrin, Sadducees, and Pharisees.

[/FONT]
Shalom.

I do not know what you are saying to be true.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jerry Shugart

What do the terms the Law of Moses and the Mosaic Law refer to?

These verses talk about the Mosaic Covenant and the reason why it was given to the children of Israel in the LORD's own words:

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation"
(Ex.19:5-6).​

At the present time the nation of Israel has been temporarily set aside as the LORD's special people so the Mosaic Covenant is not operational at this time. Paul said:

" For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. For if the casting aside of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?"
(Ro.11:13-15).​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
These verses talk about the Mosaic Covenant and the reason why it was given to the children of Israel in the LORD's own words:

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation"
(Ex.19:5-6).​

At the present time the nation of Israel has been temporarily set aside as the LORD's special people so the Mosaic Covenant is not operational at this time. Paul said:

" For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. For if the casting aside of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?"
(Ro.11:13-15).​
Shalom.

The early church was entirely Jewish, and the Law (and the Prophets) has(/have) not been abolished.

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

Shalom.

I do not know what you are saying to be true.

Shalom.

Jacob

In 70 AD the temple was destroyed, leaving the Jewish priests no place to sacrifice. 140 AD. In the final defeat of Israel the remaining priest were executed by the Romans.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In 70 AD the temple was destroyed, leaving the Jewish priests no place to sacrifice. 140 AD. In the final defeat of Israel the remaining priest were executed by the Romans.
Shalom.

I understand about the destruction of the temple. But whether or not the next Jewish temple will be Ezekiel's, Ezekiel's temple has yet to be. I cannot confirm what you are saying.

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

Shalom.

I understand about the destruction of the temple. But whether or not the next Jewish temple will be Ezekiel's, Ezekiel's temple has yet to be. I cannot confirm what you are saying.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jews and Muslims have no covenant with God

Jews and Muslims have no covenant with God, because the Old Covenant of Circumcision was revoked by God in 70 AD. Do Jews only study selected verses that fit their ideology, and do they ignore the verses they do not like? Do Muslims and Jews even know that the Old Covenant is revoked, and that they have no covenant with God.

Jews should study their bible. All nations were covered by the Covenant of Circumcision until it was revoked by God.

Zechariah 11:10
Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.

Jeremiah 31:31
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a covenant with the people of Israel (nation) and with the people of Judah (faithful.)

The Old Covenant of Circumcision was revoked by God, and a New Covenant was established in 33 AD. The New Covenant consist of keeping the Moral commands of God, the Sabbath, and being baptized in Christ name. I studied the Koran about the covenants, and it seems that Mohammad neglected to include a covenant for Muslims. Muslims and Jews cannot be included in a Covenant of Circumcision, because that covenant was revoked in 70 AD.
Again, the Old Testament says that God would revoked the Old Covenant of Circumcision and establish another covenant. Therefore Muslims and Jews are living with no covenant with God. Well, that is what happens when you follow Mohammad and his made up religion, or Jewish Rabbi's that do not listen to God.

Apart from the covenant of circumcision, God also made a covenant that He would not completely destroy the people, and that the seed of Abraham would continue. The covenant of circumcision is separate from the covenant that Abraham's seed would continue and not be completely cut off.

Here is that covenant that God promised Abraham that He would not revoke.
Genesis 17:4-5
“As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.

And then God added this Covenant of Circumcision.
Genesis 17:9-14.
9 Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring. 13 Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”
Forever is forever, unless the covenant is revoked.

For Muslims to read.

Redeem with the New Covenant

Genesis 16:12
He (Ishmael) will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.

Genesis 17:23
On that very day Abraham took his son Ishmael and all those born in his household or bought with his money, every male in his household, and circumcised them, as God told him.

Exodus 13:13
Redeem with a lamb every firstborn donkey, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem every firstborn among your sons.

Psalm 83
5 With one mind they plot together;
they form an alliance against you—
6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
of Moab and the Hagrites,
7 Gebal, Ammon and Amalek,
Philistia, with the people of Tyre.
8 Even Assyria has joined them
to lend strength to the descendants of Lot.

John 1:29
The next day John saw Yahshua coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Galatians 3:14
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through the Messiah Yahshua, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
The promise is life eternal.

What was the covenant that God had made with the nations? Answer: It was the Covenant of Circumcision.

We now live under a New Covenant.

Yahshua did not revoke the Covenant of Circumcision, Yahwah did. Yahwah said He would introduce "a covenant," therefore that would make it a "New Covenant." He also said that it would not be like the Old Covenant. The Old Covenant is the Abrahamic Covenant of Circumcision. It is written that the Old Covenant would be revoked. Yahwah also said that He would do away with the festivals.
So at what time do you think these things took place and the festivals stopped?

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
21 This is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, says: “Add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices, and eat the meat yourselves, 22 for when I brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak with them or command them concerning burnt offering and sacrifice.
26 However, they wouldn’t listen to Me or pay attention, but became obstinate; they did more evil than their ancestors. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zechariah 11:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 31:31[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a covenant with the people of Israel (nation) and with the people of Judah (faithful.) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Old Covenant has been revoked, we now live under the New Covenant.[/FONT]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jews and Muslims have no covenant with God

Jews and Muslims have no covenant with God, because the Old Covenant of Circumcision was revoked by God in 70 AD. Do Jews only study selected verses that fit their ideology, and do they ignore the verses they do not like? Do Muslims and Jews even know that the Old Covenant is revoked, and that they have no covenant with God.

Jews should study their bible. All nations were covered by the Covenant of Circumcision until it was revoked by God.

Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a covenant with the people of Israel (nation) and with the people of Judah (faithful.)

The Old Covenant of Circumcision was revoked by God, and a New Covenant was established in 33 AD. The New Covenant consist of keeping the Moral commands of God, the Sabbath, and being baptized in Christ name. I studied the Koran about the covenants, and it seems that Mohammad neglected to include a covenant for Muslims. Muslims and Jews cannot be included in a Covenant of Circumcision, because that covenant was revoked in 70 AD.
Again, the Old Testament says that God would revoked the Old Covenant of Circumcision and establish another covenant. Therefore Muslims and Jews are living with no covenant with God. Well, that is what happens when you follow Mohammad and his made up religion, or Jewish Rabbi's that do not listen to God.

Apart from the covenant of circumcision, God also made a covenant that He would not completely destroy the people, and that the seed of Abraham would continue. The covenant of circumcision is separate from the covenant that Abraham's seed would continue and not be completely cut off.

Here is that covenant that God promised Abraham that He would not revoke.
Genesis 17:4-5
“As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.

And then God added this Covenant of Circumcision.
Genesis 17:9-14.
9 Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring. 13 Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”
Forever is forever, unless the covenant is revoked.

For Muslims to read.

Redeem with the New Covenant

Genesis 16:12
He (Ishmael) will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.

Genesis 17:23
On that very day Abraham took his son Ishmael and all those born in his household or bought with his money, every male in his household, and circumcised them, as God told him.

Exodus 13:13
Redeem with a lamb every firstborn donkey, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem every firstborn among your sons.

Psalm 83
5 With one mind they plot together;
they form an alliance against you—
6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
of Moab and the Hagrites,
7 Gebal, Ammon and Amalek,
Philistia, with the people of Tyre.
8 Even Assyria has joined them
to lend strength to the descendants of Lot.

John 1:29
The next day John saw Yahshua coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Galatians 3:14
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through the Messiah Yahshua, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
The promise is life eternal.

What was the covenant that God had made with the nations? Answer: It was the Covenant of Circumcision.

We now live under a New Covenant.

Yahshua did not revoke the Covenant of Circumcision, Yahwah did. Yahwah said He would introduce "a covenant," therefore that would make it a "New Covenant." He also said that it would not be like the Old Covenant. The Old Covenant is the Abrahamic Covenant of Circumcision. It is written that the Old Covenant would be revoked. Yahwah also said that He would do away with the festivals.
So at what time do you think these things took place and the festivals stopped?

Shalom.

I am a Jew. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. The early church was entirely Jewish.

I do not follow Islam and I am not a Muslim.

I grew up Christian.

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]
Festivals rejected by Yahwah.

[FONT=&quot]Psalm 40:6[/FONT]
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but a body you have prepared for me — burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

[FONT=&quot]Psalm 51:16[/FONT]
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 21:3[/FONT]
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 1:11[/FONT]
“The multitude of [FONT=&quot]your sacrifices[/FONT]— what are they to me?” says the LORD. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 1:14[/FONT]
Your New Moon feasts and [FONT=&quot]your appointed festivals[/FONT] I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.

[FONT=&quot]Zephaniah 3:18[/FONT]
“I will remove from you all who mourn over the loss of [FONT=&quot]your appointed festivals[/FONT], which is a burden and reproach for you.

[FONT=&quot]Lamentations 2:6[/FONT]
He has laid waste his dwelling like a garden; he has destroyed his place of meeting. The LORD has made Zion forget [FONT=&quot]her appointed festivals[/FONT] and her Sabbaths; in his fierce anger he has spurned both king and priest.

[FONT=&quot]Hosea 2:11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will stop all her celebrations:[/FONT] her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

[FONT=&quot]Amos 5:21[/FONT]
“I hate, I despise [FONT=&quot]your[/FONT] religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

Shalom.

I am a Jew. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. The early church was entirely Jewish.

I do not follow Islam and I am not a Muslim.

I grew up Christian.

Shalom.

Jacob

Who is a Jew or the nation Israel.
This is what God has spoken through His prophets.

Genesis 17:3

Abram fell facedown, and God said to him, 4. "As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5. No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. 6. I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7. I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.

Genesis 35:11
And God said to him, "I am God Almighty; be fruitful and increase in number. A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will come from your body.

Exodus 12:37
The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to Succoth. There were about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children. 38. Many other people went up with them, as well as large droves of livestock, both flocks and herds.

Leviticus 19:34
The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 24:22
You are to have the same law for the alien and the native-born. I am the LORD your God.

Numbers 15:15
The community is to have the same rules for you and for the alien living among you; this is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. You and the alien shall be the same before the LORD :

Joshua 8:33
All Israel, aliens and citizens alike, with their elders, officials and judges, were standing on both sides of the ark of the covenant of the LORD, facing those who carried it—the priests, who were Levites. Half of the people stood in front of Mount Gerizim and half of them in front of Mount Ebal, as Moses the servant of the LORD had formerly commanded when he gave instructions to bless the people of Israel.

Esther 8:17
In every province and in every city, wherever the edict of the king went, there was joy and gladness among the Jews, with feasting and celebrating. And many people of other nationalities became Jews because fear of the Jews had seized them.

The word "Jew" was a nickname assigned by the Babylonians to anyone who either lived in or came from the area of Judea.

Psalm 2:4
The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them. 5. Then he rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying, 6. "I have installed my King
on Zion, my holy hill." 7. I will proclaim the decree of the LORD : He said to me, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father. 8. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.

Psalm 82:8
Rise up, O God, judge the earth, for all the nations are your inheritance.

Psalm 111:6
He has shown his people the power of his works, giving them the lands of other nations.

Isaiah 9:3
You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest, as men rejoice when dividing the plunder.

Isaiah 14:1
The LORD will have compassion on Jacob; once again he will choose Israel and will settle them in their own land. Aliens will join them and unite with the house of Jacob.

Isaiah 26:15
You have enlarged the nation, O LORD; you have enlarged the nation. You have gained glory for yourself;
you have extended all the borders of the land.

Isaiah 44:5
One will say, 'I belong to the LORD '; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, ['The LORD's / Yahwah],' and will take the name Israel.

Isaiah 56:3
Let no foreigner who has bound himself to the LORD say, "The LORD will surely exclude me from his people."- 6. And foreigners who bind themselves to the LORD to serve him, to love the name of the LORD, and to worship him, all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
and who hold fast to my covenant-
7. these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations."
8. The Sovereign LORD declares— he who gathers the exiles of Israel: "I will gather still others to them besides those already gathered."

Ezekiel 47
21. "You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. 22. You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the aliens who have settled among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native-born Israelites; along with you they are to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. 23. In whatever tribe the alien settles, there you are to give him his inheritance," declares the Sovereign LORD.

Zechariah 2:10
"Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the LORD. 11. "Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me to you. 12. The LORD will inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land and will again choose Jerusalem. 13. Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling."

Matthew 12:21
In his name the nations will put their hope."

The Parable of the Tenants
Luke 20
9. He went on to tell the people this parable: "A man planted a vineyard, rented it to some farmers and went away for a long time. 10. At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants so they would give him some of the fruit of the vineyard. But the tenants beat him and sent him away empty-handed. 11. He sent another servant, but that one also they beat and treated shamefully and sent away empty-handed. 12. He sent still a third, and they wounded him and threw him out.
13. "Then the owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my son, whom I love; perhaps they will respect him.' 14. "But when the tenants saw him, they talked the matter over. 'This is the heir,' they said. 'Let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.' 15. So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. "What then will the owner of the vineyard do to them? 16. He will come and kill those tenants and give the vineyard to others." When the people heard this, they said, "May this never be!" 17. Jesus looked directly at them and asked, "Then what is the meaning of that which is written:

" 'The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone? 18. Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces, and he on whom it falls will be crushed."

19. The teachers of the law and the chief priests looked for a way to arrest him immediately, because they knew he had spoken this parable against them. But they were afraid of the people.

Acts 3:25
And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, 'Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.'

Romans 2:28
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29. But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 3:29
Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too,

Romans 4:13
It was not through law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14. For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, 15. because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.
16. Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17. As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.

Romans 4:18
Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be."

Romans 8:17
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Romans 9:6
It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham's children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned." 8. In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.

Romans 9:24
even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

Romans 10:12
For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,...

Romans 10:19
Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says, "I will make you envious by those who are not a nation;...

1 Corinthians 14:21
In the Law it is written: "Through men of strange tongues and through the lips of foreigners I will speak to this people, but even then they will not listen to me," says the Lord.

Ephesians 2:12
remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Ephesians 2:19
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household,...

Ephesians 3:6
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:29
If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Colossians 3:11
Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.

Titus 3:7
so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

Revelation 2:9
I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9
I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Isaiah 65:15
You will leave your name to my chosen ones as a curse; the Sovereign LORD will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name.

Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called [Christians / Messianics] first at Antioch.

A Jew is a convert to Orthodox Judaism and the Hebrews are an ethnic group of people.

Contrary to popular belief, Jews are not a race, but an assembly of people. Hebrews are a race.

A Hebrew may or may not be a Jew.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings
Jeremiah 7
21 This is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, says: “Add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices, and eat the meat yourselves, 22 for when I brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak with them or command them concerning burnt offering and sacrifice.
26 However, they wouldn’t listen to Me or pay attention, but became obstinate; they did more evil than their ancestors.
The Old Covenant has been revoked, we now live under the New Covenant.

Shalom.

Do you understand what you are reading? The covenant God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai, the Ten Commandments, and all that God gave to Moses for the nation of Israel to observe (that went along with it or these?) came from God. So, I do not know how you are reading what you are reading. Are you reading it as if this was not the case? That would be an incorrect reading as I understand it.

I observe Torah, the 613 Commandments for every Jew, or all the nation of Israel. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah in Yeshua HaMashiach, Yeshua Messiah, Jesus the Christ. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. I only want to know if this was the Law of Moses written on minds and hearts. Law in Law of Moses is from Torah which means instruction, direction, law. When God's law is mentioned in Jeremiah 31:31-34 with the new covenant, that it was to be written on minds and hearts (being for the house of Israel and the house of Judah). I observe the three feasts, the holy days of Torah, and more, in addition to the weekly Sabbath, as a part of my Torah observance here in the United States of America. I would like to be in Jerusalem with all the men of Israel three times each year. I understand that we currently do not have a temple, Ezekiel's or otherwise.

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

Shalom.

Do you understand what you are reading? The covenant God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai, the Ten Commandments, and all that God gave to Moses for the nation of Israel to observe (that went along with it or these?) came from God. So, I do not know how you are reading what you are reading. Are you reading it as if this was not the case? That would be an incorrect reading as I understand it.

I observe Torah, the 613 Commandments for every Jew, or all the nation of Israel. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah in Yeshua HaMashiach, Yeshua Messiah, Jesus the Christ. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. I only want to know if this was the Law of Moses written on minds and hearts. Law in Law of Moses is from Torah which means instruction, direction, law. When God's law is mentioned in Jeremiah 31:31-34 with the new covenant, that it was to be written on minds and hearts (being for the house of Israel and the house of Judah). I observe the three feasts, the holy days of Torah, and more, in addition to the weekly Sabbath, as a part of my Torah observance here in the United States of America. I would like to be in Jerusalem with all the men of Israel three times each year. I understand that we currently do not have a temple, Ezekiel's or otherwise.

Shalom.

Jacob

You must not have taken the time to read what I wrote.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Festivals rejected by Yahwah.

Psalm 40:6
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but a body you have prepared for me — burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

Psalm 51:16
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

Proverbs 21:3
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Isaiah 1:11
“The multitude of [FONT="]your sacrifices[/FONT]— what are they to me?” says the LORD. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

Isaiah 1:14
Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.

Zephaniah 3:18
“I will remove from you all who mourn over the loss of your appointed festivals, which is a burden and reproach for you.

Lamentations 2:6
He has laid waste his dwelling like a garden; he has destroyed his place of meeting. The LORD has made Zion forget her appointed festivals and her Sabbaths; in his fierce anger he has spurned both king and priest.

Hosea 2:11
I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

Amos 5:21
“I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me.

Shalom.

God has appointed times for us to meet with Him. All the men of Israel.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Who is a Jew or the nation Israel.
This is what God has spoken through His prophets.

Genesis 17:3

Abram fell facedown, and God said to him, 4. "As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5. No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. 6. I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7. I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.

Genesis 35:11
And God said to him, "I am God Almighty; be fruitful and increase in number. A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will come from your body.

Exodus 12:37
The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to Succoth. There were about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children. 38. Many other people went up with them, as well as large droves of livestock, both flocks and herds.

Leviticus 19:34
The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 24:22
You are to have the same law for the alien and the native-born. I am the LORD your God.

Numbers 15:15
The community is to have the same rules for you and for the alien living among you; this is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. You and the alien shall be the same before the LORD :

Joshua 8:33
All Israel, aliens and citizens alike, with their elders, officials and judges, were standing on both sides of the ark of the covenant of the LORD, facing those who carried it—the priests, who were Levites. Half of the people stood in front of Mount Gerizim and half of them in front of Mount Ebal, as Moses the servant of the LORD had formerly commanded when he gave instructions to bless the people of Israel.

Esther 8:17
In every province and in every city, wherever the edict of the king went, there was joy and gladness among the Jews, with feasting and celebrating. And many people of other nationalities became Jews because fear of the Jews had seized them.

The word "Jew" was a nickname assigned by the Babylonians to anyone who either lived in or came from the area of Judea.

Psalm 2:4
The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them. 5. Then he rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying, 6. "I have installed my King
on Zion, my holy hill." 7. I will proclaim the decree of the LORD : He said to me, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father. 8. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.

Psalm 82:8
Rise up, O God, judge the earth, for all the nations are your inheritance.

Psalm 111:6
He has shown his people the power of his works, giving them the lands of other nations.

Isaiah 9:3
You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest, as men rejoice when dividing the plunder.

Isaiah 14:1
The LORD will have compassion on Jacob; once again he will choose Israel and will settle them in their own land. Aliens will join them and unite with the house of Jacob.

Isaiah 26:15
You have enlarged the nation, O LORD; you have enlarged the nation. You have gained glory for yourself;
you have extended all the borders of the land.

Isaiah 44:5
One will say, 'I belong to the LORD '; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, ['The LORD's / Yahwah],' and will take the name Israel.

Isaiah 56:3
Let no foreigner who has bound himself to the LORD say, "The LORD will surely exclude me from his people."- 6. And foreigners who bind themselves to the LORD to serve him, to love the name of the LORD, and to worship him, all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
and who hold fast to my covenant-
7. these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations."
8. The Sovereign LORD declares— he who gathers the exiles of Israel: "I will gather still others to them besides those already gathered."

Ezekiel 47
21. "You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. 22. You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the aliens who have settled among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native-born Israelites; along with you they are to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. 23. In whatever tribe the alien settles, there you are to give him his inheritance," declares the Sovereign LORD.

Zechariah 2:10
"Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the LORD. 11. "Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me to you. 12. The LORD will inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land and will again choose Jerusalem. 13. Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling."

Matthew 12:21
In his name the nations will put their hope."

The Parable of the Tenants
Luke 20
9. He went on to tell the people this parable: "A man planted a vineyard, rented it to some farmers and went away for a long time. 10. At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants so they would give him some of the fruit of the vineyard. But the tenants beat him and sent him away empty-handed. 11. He sent another servant, but that one also they beat and treated shamefully and sent away empty-handed. 12. He sent still a third, and they wounded him and threw him out.
13. "Then the owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my son, whom I love; perhaps they will respect him.' 14. "But when the tenants saw him, they talked the matter over. 'This is the heir,' they said. 'Let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.' 15. So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. "What then will the owner of the vineyard do to them? 16. He will come and kill those tenants and give the vineyard to others." When the people heard this, they said, "May this never be!" 17. Jesus looked directly at them and asked, "Then what is the meaning of that which is written:

" 'The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone? 18. Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces, and he on whom it falls will be crushed."

19. The teachers of the law and the chief priests looked for a way to arrest him immediately, because they knew he had spoken this parable against them. But they were afraid of the people.

Acts 3:25
And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, 'Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.'

Romans 2:28
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29. But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 3:29
Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too,

Romans 4:13
It was not through law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14. For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, 15. because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.
16. Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17. As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.

Romans 4:18
Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be."

Romans 8:17
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Romans 9:6
It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham's children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned." 8. In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.

Romans 9:24
even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

Romans 10:12
For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,...

Romans 10:19
Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says, "I will make you envious by those who are not a nation;...

1 Corinthians 14:21
In the Law it is written: "Through men of strange tongues and through the lips of foreigners I will speak to this people, but even then they will not listen to me," says the Lord.

Ephesians 2:12
remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Ephesians 2:19
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household,...

Ephesians 3:6
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:29
If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Colossians 3:11
Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.

Titus 3:7
so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

Revelation 2:9
I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9
I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Isaiah 65:15
You will leave your name to my chosen ones as a curse; the Sovereign LORD will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name.

Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called [Christians / Messianics] first at Antioch.

A Jew is a convert to Orthodox Judaism and the Hebrews are an ethnic group of people.

Contrary to popular belief, Jews are not a race, but an assembly of people. Hebrews are a race.

A Hebrew may or may not be a Jew.
Shalom.

A Jew, a person who is of Israel, a person of a tribe, a Levite, a priest, these may all be different. Often times a Jew is simple someone who is of Israel. I believe that it was Abraham, and Paul, that were Hebrews. Paul was of the tribe of Benjamin. Judah, in addition to be a tribe of Israel, also refers to the southern kingdom. So, what is a Jew? I observe the 613 Commandments of Torah. That does make me a Jew or of Israel. If you are not of Israel you cannot observe Passover, for example. I observe in the United States of America, as I have never been to Israel. We are supposed to be in Jerusalem three times per year for the annual feasts, God's appointments or appointed times with us, all the men of Israel. I am a proselyte and a convert. I do not yet have a tribe. I do not think that I do. Maybe I do. But I do not live in a tribe currently. And I may be of Levi if I am not already. I do not think of Jews or Hebrews as a race. I do not think much of what is a race. I am a citizen of the United States of America, and if there is any race it is the human race. This is not about racing.

Shalom.

Jacob