The Missing Links in the Fossil Record

Sonnet

Dr. Stephen Meyer and Dr. John Ankerberg explore the problems with neo-Darwinism, and the suddenness of the Cambrian Explosion.

Is it sound argument or otherwise?

Stuu

Dr. Stephen Meyer and Dr. John Ankerberg explore the problems with neo-Darwinism, and the suddenness of the Cambrian Explosion.

Is it sound argument or otherwise?

Within the first 20 seconds...

...Darwin's theory of evolution is presented in schools as an established fact rather than a theory...

Stopped watching at that point. It's clearly aimed at morons.

Stuart

Sonnet

...Darwin's theory of evolution is presented in schools as an established fact rather than a theory...

Stuart

That's provocative.

Stuu

Alright, I made myself watch it.

I was right in my prejudice, it is made for morons.

But here's one that respects the intelligence of its viewers:

Stuart

iouae

The original Dr John video was great and shows that evolution is built on a foundation of sand (or is that precambrian muck) and cannot explain the sudden explosion of complex organisms from most Phyla still extant today.

The Economist video explained nothing, but had the same tired and irrelevant arguments that bilateral symmetry or eyes somehow speeds up evolution. But we want to know where those eyes and bilateral symmetry came from in the first place, and even more than that, where complex organisms with eyes and bilateral symmetry such as Trilobites, came from.

Sonnet

Stuart

It might also be a valid query. Nile Eldredge said this didn't he?

We palaeontologists say that the history of life supports this interpretation (ie gradual change), all the while really knowing it does not.

Sonnet

The original Dr John video was great and shows that evolution is built on a foundation of sand (or is that precambrian muck) and cannot explain the sudden explosion of complex organisms from most Phyla still extant today.

The Economist video explained nothing, but had the same tired and irrelevant arguments that bilateral symmetry or eyes somehow speeds up evolution. But we want to know where those eyes and bilateral symmetry came from in the first place, and even more than that, where complex organisms with eyes and bilateral symmetry such as Trilobites, came from.

And not just the Cambrian Explosion - the angiosperm big boom and the mammalian radiation.

Sonnet

Where did they come from iouae?

iouae

Where did they come from iouae?

Hi Sonnet

In your previous post you wrote "And not just the Cambrian Explosion - the angiosperm big boom and the mammalian radiation."

Each "big boom" or "explosion" or "radiation" event where the curtain comes down on one group of plants and animals, and the curtain rises to reveal another, completely new biome - this is God the Creator, creating. This tells us what God does - He creates, and the fossil record is a record of what God has been doing over the last 5 billion years. And in the universe and stars, we see what God has been doing for the last 13.75 billion years.

Sonnet

Hi Sonnet

In your previous post you wrote "And not just the Cambrian Explosion - the angiosperm big boom and the mammalian radiation."

Each "big boom" or "explosion" or "radiation" event where the curtain comes down on one group of plants and animals, and the curtain rises to reveal another, completely new biome - this is God the Creator, creating. This tells us what God does - He creates, and the fossil record is a record of what God has been doing over the last 5 billion years. And in the universe and stars, we see what God has been doing for the last 13.75 billion years.

Thanks. Is the criticism of the missing links that Meyer and others point to as problematic for neo-Darwinists as they suggest?

iouae

Thanks. Is the criticism of the missing links that Meyer and others point to as problematic for neo-Darwinists as they suggest?

I am not able to speak for neo-Darwinists, but it should be problematic for them.

I blame Christians for not providing a credible and scientifically viable explanation for the record in the rocks. Evolutionists and Creationists are equally to blame for the ignorance out there. And the record in the rocks shouts one thing clearly. There has been massive creativity of living things in the past and present. And these arrive suddenly, and disappear suddenly, to be replaced by new, fully stocked ecosystems which are perfectly balanced. God should be getting the credit for all these marvels.

Sonnet

Alright, I made myself watch it.

I was right in my prejudice, it is made for morons.

But here's one that respects the intelligence of its viewers:

Stuart

Pre-Cambrian fossils exist but no transitional ones have been found that could explain what followed - that's the reality isn't it?

Sonnet

I am not able to speak for neo-Darwinists, but it should be problematic for them.

I blame Christians for not providing a credible and scientifically viable explanation for the record in the rocks. Evolutionists and Creationists are equally to blame for the ignorance out there. And the record in the rocks shouts one thing clearly. There has been massive creativity of living things in the past and present. And these arrive suddenly, and disappear suddenly, to be replaced by new, fully stocked ecosystems which are perfectly balanced. God should be getting the credit for all these marvels.

What about Noah, Adam and Eve etc?

iouae

What about Noah, Adam and Eve etc?

Sonnet, maybe you could tell me where you come from as far as your beliefs concerning these matters.

My current belief is as follows....

13.75 billion years ago God created the material universe in what science now calls the "Big Bang".

God "terraformed" the earth, and 5 billion years ago, suddenly placed representatives of most Phyla on earth in what science calls the "Cambrian explosion".

Since then, there have been many explosions and mass extinctions.

Genesis 1:2 picks up the story after just one more mass extinction, which had left earth "without form and void" with darkness covering a completely water-covered earth.

In six literal days God renewed the earth, with just one more of many "explosions" or "radiations" which happened to include Adam and Eve.

1600 years after this, another small extinction event occurred in what we call the Noah flood, during which Noah and 7 other humans were left to repopulate humanity.

At Christ's return, there will be another mass extinction, and at the end of the millennial rule of Christ, yet another mass extinction, followed by a new "explosion" or "radiation" called "the new heaven and the new earth".