the little book

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
I disagree!

It is no Metaphor, The Book is Actually Eaten.

=M=

[Rev 10:9-10 KJV] 9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take [it], and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

[Eze 3:1-5 KJV] 1 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel. 2 So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll. 3 And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat [it]; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness. 4 And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them. 5 For thou [art] not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, [but] to the house of Israel;

Look what Happens, when Elijah eats an Angel Food Cake!!!

[1Ki 19:6-8 KJV] 6 And he looked, and, behold, [there was] a cake baken on the coals, and a cruse of water at his head. And he did eat and drink, and laid him down again. 7 And the angel of the LORD came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise [and] eat; because the journey [is] too great for thee. 8 And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
john hears the seven thunders
and
is about to write
but
is prevented
then
he is asked to eat the book
and
to prophesy again
so
do we know about the seven thunders?
and
why does john have to prophesy again?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
and
is it the same john?

I think the little book is the apocalypse
and
many wonder how it got in the bible
but
there are some clues
if
you look at the last chapter

If any man shall add 22:18

if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy 22:19

these warning could, might, ought to, apply to the bible
and
there it is right at the end of the bible

victorinus of pettau thinks that the little book given to john is none other than the book of revelation

ttruscott

the little book

Revelation 10:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Revelation 10:8 Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me once more: "Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land."

9 So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey." 10 I took the little scroll from the angel's hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.

Very interesting, no? As a sign of the last days, a "scroll" or KJV "little book" a diminutive form of the Greek biblos or in English, bible.

So 'book' or 'scroll' denotes writing to me so I suggest that eating is a metaphor for reading the scroll and is used so we can get the analogy of sweetness and bitterness/ sour taste into the metaphor.

To continue with the thought would take us to: I read the words on the little book and at first I thought they were very wonderful and gratifying (sweet) but later as I dwelt upon their meaning, I found them hard to digest, (sour in my stomach), that is hard to accept in their full meaning.

This leads me to consider that in the last days a new revelation will be learned that at first seems great but then makes us scared or dismayed as we learn its implications.

In the context of the next verse:

11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
This person who read and studied until he understood the words in the little book must go out and be a prophet from the Lord, probably teaching us the words/ideas/revelation of the little book.

Since we all know the warnings of Rev 22:18:
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

I'd also suggest that this new revelation is probably more correctly called a new understanding of a previous revelation similar to the way we got a new understanding about the Messiah from Jesus and the Apostles.

So I guess we had all better be open to a theological explanation of God's reality about the Church and/or the world, one that is different from all previous explanations we have been taught.

Might not such an occurance put the Churches in the position of the Pharisees, stuck on their old understandings of the theology of the scriptures and rejecting the new understanding written in the little book?

It is funny that people say "it is not in the scriptures" when they really mean "I was never taught an understanding of the scriptures in this way."

Peace, Ted

ttruscott

In his mouth it was as honey but when he swallowed it his belly was bitter. This indicates to me that John did not understand what he was prophesying.....not having digested it, the word was honey only as it remained in his mouth.

The context of going out to prophesy about the message of the book is in the future end times...not his writings about HIS revelations.

Peace, Ted

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It is funny that people say "it is not in the scriptures" when they really mean "I was never taught an understanding of the scriptures in this way."

they are really saying

'that is not my interpretation of scripture'

they don't like to use the word 'interpretation'

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
John hears the thunder, when it thundered in the gospel God was speaking to His Son and the message was a sweet one. But the people heard it as thunder.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

Yes, I have taken the book and eaten, and in my mouth it was sweet as honey, because an angel said Jesus was Returning, and I was ecstatic. But then, as the book settled in my stomach, I found out all of the bad things that must happen before His Return, and it was bitter in my belly. So now you know that part.

The seven thunders that uttered their voices have been sealed up until now, the latter days, and I have explained what I know, but everyone does not incline even a bit closely, so what do I have to do with them?? What don't you understand?? I have told some of it to you in these posts and it is all lost in the writings.

Do I say it is my fault that they never heard me, or that they never tried or trusted me to hear me?? You have NO IDEA what is going on with this Earth or myself, or the Lord God. So you'd best just be on your knees praying for His Mercy. And be ready for Jesus when He returns, for it will be as an unexpected Avon lady. Do you know? Like someone who knocks and you don't expect it, and you are naked from getting awake, and grab your bathrobe. So shall be the coming of The Lord Jesus. Do not turn back for your robe, nor your child, nor for a cigarette (those who understand, let them hear), go to the Lord Who returns with the Clouds of Heaven to redeem us. KNOW what is really going on instead of false words from other people. Here is how you will know a true prophet. If what he says comes to pass, you shall know that I (The Lord) have sent him. If it does not come to pass, then you shall know that I did not send him. Therefore, shall it be. For who can believe someone who says they are a prophet, in case they are not?? It is best not to believe and let him be proven instead. That makes sense, right? Go for it.

In God's Love And Guidance,

Michael

P.S. No One said I would be perfect. Don't expect two perfect persons would come and be
'the witnesses.' Forget it. It's not going to happen. None of us humans are that way. Get over it!!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this makes me think of the beast from the sea and the beast from the earth

Revelation 10:2 (NKJV)

2 He had a little book open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land,

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the end may be near for some of my threads

they are deleting my posts again

hope to keep these alive

CherubRam

and
is it the same john?

I think the little book is the apocalypse
and
many wonder how it got in the bible
but
there are some clues
if
you look at the last chapter

If any man shall add 22:18

if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy 22:19

these warning could, might, ought to, apply to the bible
and
there it is right at the end of the bible

victorinus of pettau thinks that the little book given to john is none other than the book of revelation
The book is the bible. Rev 22:18-19 are late additions to Johns writings.

CherubRam

this makes me think of the beast from the sea and the beast from the earth

2 He had a little book open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land,
Rev 10:2 means that the person lives in America but has access to the people of the world.