The Legal Aspect of Salvation

Robert Pate

Banned
By whose authority?

God. While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil that covered the Holy of Holies on the temple from the top to the bottom. This signified the end of the old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion, Matthew 27:51. From now on, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17 and not by laws, rules or religion.

andyc

Predestinationism is illegal.

God cannot appoint some one to eternal if they have not been justified by Jesus Christ.

To be justified by Jesus Christ means that you must call on Christ to save you.

Many Calvinist have never called on Christ to save them because they believe that they have been predestinated.

Not sure why you responded to your own post, which was very good btw, with a swipe at Calvinism.
I'm wondering if you'd be able to explain how to do an oil change without mentioning Calvin?

Robert Pate

Banned
Abolished by whom?

Jesus abolished the Old Covenant the law and the Jewish religion. This is why... "The Just Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in the ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace, Ephesians 2:15.

I don't understand why people don't understand this. To be under the law or subject to the law is to be under the wrath of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus abolished the Old Covenant...

Impossible ... it isn't his covenant, it is the covenant of our Father.

Paul said, "Brethren, I speak in the manner of men, though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it." (Galatians 3:15)

A man's covenant cannot be changed or annulled and certainly not God's covenant.

Robert Pate

Banned
Impossible ... it isn't his covenant, it is the covenant of our Father.

Paul said, "Brethren, I speak in the manner of men, though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it." (Galatians 3:15)

A man's covenant cannot be changed or annulled and certainly not God's covenant.

Paul is talking about the New Covenant that was made to Abraham, Galatians 3:18.

The Old Covenant has been abolished along with the law, Hebrews 8:6, 7.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Old Covenant has been abolished along with the law, Hebrews 8:6, 7.

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah... (Hebrews 8:7-8)​

The covenant you are referring to is God's covenant with the Hebrews commonly referred to as the Mosaic covenant.

Robert Pate

Banned
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah... (Hebrews 8:7-8)​

The covenant you are referring to is God's covenant with the Hebrews commonly referred to as the Mosaic covenant.

The New Covenant is Jesus Christ and his Gospel. It is not a new set of rules and laws.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The New Covenant is Jesus Christ and his Gospel. It is not a new set of rules and laws.

God said through Jeremiah, "Behold, the days are coming says," the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah..." (Jeremiah 31:31)

"But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days," says the LORD, "I will put My law in their minds and write it on their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people." (Jeremiah 31:33)​

It's referred to as a new covenant because it is different from the Mosaic covenant.

"Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 31:32)​

Robert Pate

Banned
God said through Jeremiah, "Behold, the days are coming says," the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah..." (Jeremiah 31:31)

"But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days," says the LORD, "I will put My law in their minds and write it on their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people." (Jeremiah 31:33)​

It's referred to as a new covenant because it is different from the Mosaic covenant.

"Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 31:32)​

The Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion have been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus Christ is the New Covenant. We are no longer required to live according to rules and laws. The law has been replaced by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10. To live by the law is to be judged by the law and condemned, Romans 3:19, 20.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
However, the word predestined is in the Bible and has to be dealt with. What is your interpretation? To ignore it solves nothing.

"he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will--" (Eph. 1:5)
He is like a JW. He only accepts parts of the complete bible and reject others. The end result is a another new theology, Pateism. The trolls are his disciples.

Robert Pate

Banned
He is like a JW. He only accepts parts of the complete bible and reject others. The end result is a another new theology, Pateism. The trolls are his disciples.

You are Gospel illiterate.

The Gospel is about Jesus Christ. You seem to think that the Gospel is about John Calvin.

I accept all of the Bible, not just some of the Bible that appears to support Calvinism, but doesn't.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You are Gospel illiterate.

The Gospel is about Jesus Christ. You seem to think that the Gospel is about John Calvin.

I accept all of the Bible, not just some of the Bible that appears to support Calvinism, but doesn't.
The choosing still happens before the natural birth