The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke

Proof not blind faith steko, I haven't read the urantia revelation but I have read the bible and myriads of anti cult books warning against the cults, and the new world order etc............it was all biased and fear based against an enemy that doesn't exist except in ones mind, an implanted suggestion to keep you on the religious reservation, and at war with other religions that has become a police state mentality.

Why have enemies that are made up to keep us divided, we don't have to agree on all points or even like each other, but we should live and let live, christian and many other religions fail in that department.

The spiritual teaching of this Jesus has valid applications, but to say they were birthed through Jesus is falsh, they have been around long before that version came along, a little open minded research exposes that.

John Mortimer

Dear John Mortimer,

I can understand about 1/2 of what you said. It sounds hopeful and interesting, and possible. I did not go to college and all the big words tax my brain to read them and try to understand what they convey. Sometimes, I do okay though.

Well, I can understand you half the time and freelight half the time. It will take me a long while before I can understand it all. And BTW, there isn't that much time, so I have to spend it witnessing to others about the testimony the Lord God gave me to share with others. That has to be my first priority. So, I can only dabble with the Urantia Papers.

May God and Jesus Watch Over You, John,

MichaelC

Hi Michael - just a quick response here, which I think is appropriate since:
1. we can evidently be civil listeners to each other
2. what I have to say here does relate to the Urantia Book and will hopefully clarify the nature of it in a very general way.
3. Whilst I am a Hindu, i am not in any way trying to "convert" you.

The Theosophical movement and the Ascended Master schools represent what can be described as "progressive revelation". The word "progressive" is essential here. The whole paradigm, the over-arching principle, of such movements is the concept of spiritual evolution. The Urantia Book most definitely embraces that paradigm.
Such schools are eclectic in nature, that is, they draw upon as many different spiritual traditions as seem relevant in order to synthesize a higher understanding through integration of common themes. However - and this is important - it is not done as an academic exercise. It is done in a revelatory way through a more evolved, more advanced source of knowledge. In the case of the Ascended Master schools the higher source of revelation is the "Ascended Masters", who have ascended to a higher realm of being, (like Jesus - he is considered by the AM schools to be one of many ascended masters).
In the case of the Urantia Book, the higher source is Extra-terrestrial in origin. Does that help to clarify the nature of the UB?

Once again, by contrast, the Hindu and Buddhist traditions are not at all evolutionary in their spirituality. They are more concerned with doing away with conceptualization altogether. In that sense they are "minimalist" rather than "progressive" or "evolutionary".

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Proof not blind faith steko, I haven't read the urantia revelation but I have read the bible and myriads of anti cult books warning against the cults, and the new world order etc............it was all biased and fear based against an enemy that doesn't exist except in ones mind, an implanted suggestion to keep you on the religious reservation, and at war with other religions that has become a police state mentality.

Why have enemies that are made up to keep us divided, we don't have to agree on all points or even like each other, but we should live and let live, christian and many other religions fail in that department.

The spiritual teaching of this Jesus has valid applications, but to say they were birthed through Jesus is falsh, they have been around long before that version came along, a little open minded research exposes that.

You misunderstand my position.
I have read the Urantia Book.....and believed it.
I was raised among pantheists.
My dad was a pantheist.
My grandmother was a pantheist. She had trunk loads of Hindu, Buddhist, and Theosophical books. I hungrily read it all.
I grew up in this stuff and lived it out for a good portion of my life, until I supernaturally came to know Jesus Christ and was delivered from darkness to light. One doesn't know the darkness until one has left it.
True Christianity is not in harmony with Urantia, Hinduism, Buddhism, Helena Petrovnov Blavatski, Annie Besant, Jiddu Krisnamurti, Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, Yogi Paramahansa Yogananda, ad infinitum.
The teachings of the Bible stand in stark contrast to the teachings of other sources and when one begins to see this, they either bend Biblical teachings(as I did) to harmonize harmonize with the others, reject the Bible altogether or bow before the GOD of the Bible and proclaim His Holiness(separate/unique).

Zeke

My dad was a pantheist.
My grandmother was a pantheist. She had trunk loads of Hindu, Buddhist, and Theosophical books. I hungrily read it all.
I grew up in this stuff and lived it out for a good portion of my life, until I supernaturally came to know Jesus Christ and was delivered from darkness to light. One doesn't know the darkness until one has left it.
True Christianity is not in harmony with Urantia, Hinduism, Buddhism, Helena Petrovnov Blavatski, Annie Besant, Jiddu Krisnamurti, Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, Yogi Paramahansa Yogananda, ad infinitum.
The teachings of the Bible stand in stark contrast to the teachings of other sources and when one begins to see this, they either bend Biblical teachings(as I did) to harmonize harmonize with the others, reject the Bible altogether or bow before the GOD of the Bible and proclaim His Holiness(separate/unique).

And I have read all the christian rebuke of them, I also had the supernatural experiences that put me on a spiritual quest since the seventies , and was a die hard believer in that, the christian version is the only correct version for salvation, and I to bought into the historical evidence claims when they are just not true steko, the spiritual truth verses the letter in the bible is the problem just like Paul even remarks on, those stories are not literal versions of what took place in my estimation of the facts, inner science yes! outer reality of a messiah coming in the literal clouds, or hell for all those who don't tow the christian line, I am just not buying it anymore.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Zeke,

I'm with steko. If I might share something that happened to me, which I've shared already on a couple of threads:

Jesus has not come back yet because it still is not time yet. But IT IS just around the corner. I've had many miracles happen to me. One angel visited me, flying through the heavens like a bee zigzagging to flowers, so that it was not a shooting star, but brighter by far than Venus. And as I watched, a loud voice filled the room saying, "Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour/time of His judgement is come upon all of the earth, and worship Him Who made the earth and heaven, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." I was awestruck and could not take my eyes away from what I had perceived was an angel. Then the thought entered my head to call my girlfriend back (she had just called before that asking if we were going out that night) and hurry before she left her house, and ask her to come over. Then I asked my Mom if I could have a meeting that night with my girlfriend, my best friend and his family, and my family (except my youngest sister Lila). At around 3am, my best friend got home from work and I ran and told him what happened and then inside I told everyone what had happened to me that night that I'd seen the angel (I was fasting to give the Lord God a gift for visiting me ten days earlier, on March 6th, 1974. Well, as of March 2014, it shall be 40 years since the Lord God first visited me. I think it is a special time because the Israelis wandered the wilderness for 40 years, and Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights. So this 40 thing might be very interesting. Anyway, I don't claim that I know which hour or day (or even month or year) that Jesus will return, but I know that it's soon. I hope this gives you cause for joy and great expectations. Jesus is going to come with the clouds of heaven, just as it is written and foretold of Him. The Bible is more true than you know!

Now I love everyone here and hope you won't begrudge me sharing an experience of my own, just like I read part of Urantia. I hope it's fair.

In the beauty of receiving the Holy Spirit,

Michael

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
And I have read all the christian rebuke of them, I also had the supernatural experiences that put me on a spiritual quest since the seventies , and was a die hard believer in that, the christian version is the only correct version for salvation, and I to bought into the historical evidence claims when they are just not true steko, the spiritual truth verses the letter in the bible is the problem just like Paul even remarks on, those stories are not literal versions of what took place in my estimation of the facts, inner science yes! outer reality of a messiah coming in the literal clouds, or hell for all those who don't tow the christian line, I am just not buying it anymore.

We all make our choices.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear steko,

I know we do. I just hope I haven't strained any friendships because of it. I know everyone has their own religion and I am fine with that easily. But I have to go with my heart and my miracles, visits and visions.

In Christ's Love,

MichaelC

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Scholarly criticism of the Bible began in earnest around the 1800's, prior to that the lovely church tortured and murdered anyone who dared to point out inconsistencies beyond the obvious.

Today it is fairy common knowledge among biblical scholars that the OT books were redacted and edited during the Babylonian captivity period.

There were once other books that were considered "inspired" before the church un-inspired them.

Caino

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes Caino, but none of that can change the angelic visits I've had, the 2 visits from the Lord, a number of visits from the Holy Ghost, and a couple visions/out-of-body experiences.

In Jesus' Love,

Michael

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Yes Caino, but none of that can change the angelic visits I've had, the 2 visits from the Lord, a number of visits from the Holy Ghost, and a couple visions/out-of-body experiences.

In Jesus' Love,

Michael

Agreed, and by the same token your experience may be related to the celestials who participated in the massive Urantia revelation.

Christ sent the records of his entire life on earth.

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
have no fear........

have no fear........

My dad was a pantheist.

'God' is still the light of truth and knowledge in all religious traditions that have been illumined by the Spirit of God, hence the golden thread in all these subsists in a deeper universal fundamental reality, although expressed or symbolized in various ways and terms. The teachings of the Bible DO harmonize with many of these same universal truths, only in as much as its own teachings are consonant with such principles. 'God' alone is the absolute reality and infinite intelligence upholding all.

The UB as shared previously here covers the religious history and description of the main world religions and their dispensations on our planet, relative to the Fifth Epochal Revelation (the UB itself). Religion itself has an evolutionary aspect (the natural flow of physical/psychic growth) and a 'revelational' aspect (interventions or inspiration from Deity itself of dispensational significance). Man is a composite of both spiritual and matterial components while in the flesh, which continues on as a spirit-soul in the more ethereal realms, or re-embodying if needs be to continue its evolution towards God-perfection.

The universal and religious truths in the UB forever hold which expand further to greater cosmic proportions than previous dispensations to the planet. They hold within their own cosmology as given by the revelators. As far as perception of truths are concerned we learn that -

2:7.1 All finite knowledge and creature understanding are relative. Information and intelligence, gleaned from even high sources, is only relatively complete, locally accurate, and personally true.

2:7.2 Physical facts are fairly uniform, but truth is a living and flexible factor in the philosophy of the universe. Evolving personalities are only partially wise and relatively true in their communications. They can be certain only as far as their personal experience extends. That which apparently may be wholly true in one place may be only relatively true in another segment of creation.

2:7.3 Divine truth, final truth, is uniform and universal, but the story of things spiritual, as it is told by numerous individuals hailing from various spheres, may sometimes vary in details owing to this relativity in the completeness of knowledge and in the repleteness of personal experience as well as in the length and extent of that experience. While the laws and decrees, the thoughts and attitudes, of the First Great Source and Center are eternally, infinitely, and universally true; at the same time, their application to, and adjustment for, every universe, system, world, and created intelligence, are in accordance with the plans and technique of the Creator Sons as they function in their respective universes, as well as in harmony with the local plans and procedures of the Infinite Spirit and of all other associated celestial personalities.

God ever remains the one and only absolute reality, and Father-personality, the source of all non-personal reality as well, since the totality of all inheres in and springs from the Infinite One.

1:0.1 THE Universal Father is the God of all creation, the First Source and Center of all things and beings.

1:2.1 God is primal reality in the spirit world; God is the source of truth in the mind spheres; God overshadows all throughout the material realms. To all created intelligences God is a personality, and to the universe of universes he is the First Source and Center of eternal reality. God is neither manlike nor machinelike. The First Father is universal spirit, eternal truth, infinite reality, and father personality.

One unique and interesting revelation in the UB is upon the subject of 'personality' - audio version here. (1.5 'Personality of the Universal Father') text.

pj

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear freelight,

I got to 5:32 on the time odometer. In other words, I tried to understand to halfway through the audio video. It is all just too mind-boggling for me. Too many hard words and hard sentences and paragraphs. There is also too much info that I will never get to, because I have my own belief system going on from what I've learned of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Muslims believe in God also. So do the Hindus. I don't know about the Buddhists. I cannot learn everyone's take on God. I have my own take on God and Jesus, and what I am doing for them in this, my lifetime. So I've got to use my time to further teach others about Jesus' returning for us. I wrote my book in extremely easy-to-read words as instructed to me by Him, so that almost anyone could read and understand it. But you must look up the Scriptural references I note in my book and study the KJV verses also. So it is time-consuming too. I don't have time for both. Each is one you dedicate half a lifetime to. That being said, it is interesting, but I don't have that kind of time. Last night, I was able to get on Twitter and reach hundreds of people with just a part of my experiences. It was well worth it and is not the first time I've done it. Many people contact me because of what I say on Twitter and it is a snowballing effect indeed. Same with my having a number of websites to keep up with. Knowledge alone won't get you to God. Works will help the most. Help the poor and needy as much as you can, and love each other, even as Jesus and God love us. Most of all, dearly love God and Jesus, and the Holy Spirit as much as your heart and thoughts want to do.

In His Constant Care,

Michael

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
A Beautiful Universe..............

A Beautiful Universe..............

Dear freelight,

I got to 5:32 on the time odometer. In other words, I tried to understand to halfway through the audio video. It is all just too mind-boggling for me. Too many hard words and hard sentences and paragraphs. There is also too much info that I will never get to, because I have my own belief system going on from what I've learned of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Hi Michael,

As I've shared with steko above, and the video-audio of the very first paper on the Universal Father,....this is the fundamental description of the Universal Father, so its central to understanding 'God', who is also the Father of all 'personality'. The revelation of the 'personality' of 'God', and that each soul is given a 'personality' by the Father as a unique gift is a special thing, for if a soul chooses eternal life, the 'personality' of that soul becomes 'immortalized', an intrinsic feature of the soul itself. This 'personality' relates to all other 'personalities' in the universe, so from this springs all personal values and meanings. This is the UB's unique insight into 'personality'.

The UB's teaching on the Paradise Trinity also expounds on the unique personalities of the 'Gods' as it were (comprising the Godhead), so that 'personality' is an essential element or component of 'being'. Even the traditional-orthodox Christian explanation of the Trinity includes all 3 as being unique, different, distinct 'persons'. If they are persons, they have a distinct 'personality'. I suggest you read the text if the audio version is not aiding in comprehension, if that suits you.

'God' is described as a divine Personality, being the Father of all personality as it exists in every conscious being in the cosmos. There is one Parent-Personality. - of course there are aspects of universe that are 'non-personal' or 'trans-personal' in nature,...but that's a matter of defining (there is energy, space, matter, the elements, non-conscious life-forms).

If you're more comfortable with a simple theology in line with traditional Christianity, then suit yourself. Know that the cosmos offers an exsquisite wardrobe. The theology of the UB still is consistent, explains its terms and meanings within 'context' and expands on traditionally accepted ideas, theories and concepts. 'God' is still 'God', and Jesus is our Creator-Son and the Sovereign Lord of this local universe and planetary system. You've already been given access to Meredith Sprunger's important articles discussing the UB's theology as it relates to and differs from traditional-orthodox Christian doctrine.

The Muslims believe in God also. So do the Hindus. I don't know about the Buddhists. I cannot learn everyone's take on God. I have my own take on God and Jesus, and what I am doing for them in this, my lifetime. So I've got to use my time to further teach others about Jesus' returning for us.

That's fine, take on what you can receive at any given time if interested. If not, continue on. 'God' is still the absolute reality,...all else are descriptions, relative points of view. The unchanging essence that IS....remains (call it whatever u like).

I wrote my book in extremely easy-to-read words as instructed to me by Him, so that almost anyone could read and understand it. But you must look up the Scriptural references I note in my book and study the KJV verses also. So it is time-consuming too. I don't have time for both. Each is one you dedicate half a lifetime to. That being said, it is interesting, but I don't have that kind of time. Last night, I was able to get on Twitter and reach hundreds of people with just a part of my experiences. It was well worth it and is not the first time I've done it. Many people contact me because of what I say on Twitter and it is a snowballing effect indeed. Same with my having a number of websites to keep up with. Knowledge alone won't get you to God. Works will help the most. Help the poor and needy as much as you can, and love each other, even as Jesus and God love us. Most of all, dearly love God and Jesus, and the Holy Spirit as much as your heart and thoughts want to do.

Super :) - we are all extensions of 'God', individual expressions thereof. The primordial light of divinity expresses itself in a myriad rainbow of colours and sounds (music)....with tones and hues that extend way beyond our scope of perception....unto infinity. Enjoy the journey......along the Way....we are ever learning.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Personality of the Universal Father

(27.3) 1:5.1 Do not permit the magnitude of God, his infinity, either to obscure or eclipse his personality. “He who planned the ear, shall he not hear? He who formed the eye, shall he not see?” The Universal Father is the acme of divine personality; he is the origin and destiny of personality throughout all creation. God is both infinite and personal; he is an infinite personality. The Father is truly a personality, notwithstanding that the infinity of his person places him forever beyond the full comprehension of material and finite beings.

(27.4) 1:5.2 God is much more than a personality as personality is understood by the human mind; he is even far more than any possible concept of a superpersonality. But it is utterly futile to discuss such incomprehensible concepts of divine personality with the minds of material creatures whose maximum concept of the reality of being consists in the idea and ideal of personality. The material creature’s highest possible concept of the Universal Creator is embraced within the spiritual ideals of the exalted idea of divine personality. Therefore, although you may know that God must be much more than the human conception of personality, you equally well know that the Universal Father cannot possibly be anything less than an eternal, infinite, true, good, and beautiful personality.

(27.5) 1:5.3 God is not hiding from any of his creatures. He is unapproachable to so many orders of beings only because he “dwells in a light which no material creature can approach.” The immensity and grandeur of the divine personality is beyond the grasp of the unperfected mind of evolutionary mortals. He “measures the waters in the hollow of his hand, measures a universe with the span of his hand. It is he who sits on the circle of the earth, who stretches out the heavens as a curtain and spreads them out as a universe to dwell in.” “Lift up your eyes on high and behold who has created all these things, who brings out their worlds by number and calls them all by their names”; and so it is true that “the invisible things of God are partially understood by the things which are made.” Today, and as you are, you must discern the invisible Maker through his manifold and diverse creation, as well as through the revelation and ministration of his Sons and their numerous subordinates.

(28.1) 1:5.4 Even though material mortals cannot see the person of God, they should rejoice in the assurance that he is a person; by faith accept the truth which portrays that the Universal Father so loved the world as to provide for the eternal spiritual progression of its lowly inhabitants; that he “delights in his children.” God is lacking in none of those superhuman and divine attributes which constitute a perfect, eternal, loving, and infinite Creator personality.

(28.2) 1:5.5 In the local creations (excepting the personnel of the superuniverses) God has no personal or residential manifestation aside from the Paradise Creator Sons who are the fathers of the inhabited worlds and the sovereigns of the local universes. If the faith of the creature were perfect, he would assuredly know that when he had seen a Creator Son he had seen the Universal Father; in seeking for the Father, he would not ask nor expect to see other than the Son. Mortal man simply cannot see God until he achieves completed spirit transformation and actually attains Paradise.

(28.3) 1:5.6 The natures of the Paradise Creator Sons do not encompass all the unqualified potentials of the universal absoluteness of the infinite nature of the First Great Source and Center, but the Universal Father is in every way divinely present in the Creator Sons. The Father and his Sons are one. These Paradise Sons of the order of Michael are perfect personalities, even the pattern for all local universe personality from that of the Bright and Morning Star down to the lowest human creature of progressing animal evolution.

(28.4) 1:5.7 Without God and except for his great and central person, there would be no personality throughout all the vast universe of universes. God is personality.

(28.5) 1:5.8 Notwithstanding that God is an eternal power, a majestic presence, a transcendent ideal, and a glorious spirit, though he is all these and infinitely more, nonetheless, he is truly and everlastingly a perfect Creator personality, a person who can “know and be known,” who can “love and be loved,” and one who can befriend us; while you can be known, as other humans have been known, as the friend of God. He is a real spirit and a spiritual reality.

(28.6) 1:5.9 As we see the Universal Father revealed throughout his universe; as we discern him indwelling his myriads of creatures; as we behold him in the persons of his Sovereign Sons; as we continue to sense his divine presence here and there, near and afar, let us not doubt nor question his personality primacy. Notwithstanding all these far-flung distributions, he remains a true person and everlastingly maintains personal connection with the countless hosts of his creatures scattered throughout the universe of universes.

(28.7) 1:5.10 The idea of the personality of the Universal Father is an enlarged and truer concept of God which has come to mankind chiefly through revelation. Reason, wisdom, and religious experience all infer and imply the personality of God, but they do not altogether validate it. Even the indwelling Thought Adjuster is prepersonal. The truth and maturity of any religion is directly proportional to its concept of the infinite personality of God and to its grasp of the absolute unity of Deity. The idea of a personal Deity becomes, then, the measure of religious maturity after religion has first formulated the concept of the unity of God.

(29.1) 1:5.11 Primitive religion had many personal gods, and they were fashioned in the image of man. Revelation affirms the validity of the personality concept of God which is merely possible in the scientific postulate of a First Cause and is only provisionally suggested in the philosophic idea of Universal Unity. Only by personality approach can any person begin to comprehend the unity of God. To deny the personality of the First Source and Center leaves one only the choice of two philosophic dilemmas: materialism or pantheism.

(29.2) 1:5.12 In the contemplation of Deity, the concept of personality must be divested of the idea of corporeality. A material body is not indispensable to personality in either man or God. The corporeality error is shown in both extremes of human philosophy. In materialism, since man loses his body at death, he ceases to exist as a personality; in pantheism, since God has no body, he is not, therefore, a person. The superhuman type of progressing personality functions in a union of mind and spirit.

(29.3) 1:5.13 Personality is not simply an attribute of God; it rather stands for the totality of the co-ordinated infinite nature and the unified divine will which is exhibited in eternity and universality of perfect expression. Personality, in the supreme sense, is the revelation of God to the universe of universes.

(29.4) 1:5.14 God, being eternal, universal, absolute, and infinite, does not grow in knowledge nor increase in wisdom. God does not acquire experience, as finite man might conjecture or comprehend, but he does, within the realms of his own eternal personality, enjoy those continuous expansions of self-realization which are in certain ways comparable to, and analogous with, the acquirement of new experience by the finite creatures of the evolutionary worlds.

(29.5) 1:5.15 The absolute perfection of the infinite God would cause him to suffer the awful limitations of unqualified finality of perfectness were it not a fact that the Universal Father directly participates in the personality struggle of every imperfect soul in the wide universe who seeks, by divine aid, to ascend to the spiritually perfect worlds on high. This progressive experience of every spirit being and every mortal creature throughout the universe of universes is a part of the Father’s ever-expanding Deity-consciousness of the never-ending divine circle of ceaseless self-realization.

(29.6) 1:5.16 It is literally true: “In all your afflictions he is afflicted.” “In all your triumphs he triumphs in and with you.” His prepersonal divine spirit is a real part of you. The Isle of Paradise responds to all the physical metamorphoses of the universe of universes; the Eternal Son includes all the spirit impulses of all creation; the Conjoint Actor encompasses all the mind expression of the expanding cosmos. The Universal Father realizes in the fullness of the divine consciousness all the individual experience of the progressive struggles of the expanding minds and the ascending spirits of every entity, being, and personality of the whole evolutionary creation of time and space. And all this is literally true, for “in Him we all live and move and have our being.” UB

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

The I AM as Triune and as Sevenfold​
(1153.6)

105:2.1 In considering the genesis of reality, ever bear in mind that all absolute reality is from eternity and is without beginning of existence. By absolute reality we refer to the three existential persons of Deity, the Isle of Paradise, and the three Absolutes. These seven realities are co-ordinately eternal, notwithstanding that we resort to time-space language in presenting their sequential origins to human beings.

(1154.1) 105:2.2 In following the chronological portrayal of the origins of reality, there must be a postulated theoretical moment of “first” volitional expression and “first” repercussional reaction within the I AM. In our attempts to portray the genesis and generation of reality, this stage may be conceived as the self-differentiation of The Infinite One from The Infinitude, but the postulation of this dual relationship must always be expanded to a triune conception by the recognition of the eternal continuum of The Infinity, the I AM.

(1154.2) 105:2.3 This self-metamorphosis of the I AM culminates in the multiple differentiation of deified reality and of undeified reality, of potential and actual reality, and of certain other realities that can hardly be so classified. These differentiations of the theoretical monistic I AM are eternally integrated by simultaneous relationships arising within the same I AM — the prepotential, preactual, prepersonal, monothetic prereality which, though infinite, is revealed as absolute in the presence of the First Source and Center and as personality in the limitless love of the Universal Father.

(1154.3) 105:2.4 By these internal metamorphoses the I AM is establishing the basis for a sevenfold self-relationship. The philosophic (time) concept of the solitary I AM and the transitional (time) concept of the I AM as triune can now be enlarged to encompass the I AM as sevenfold. This sevenfold — or seven phase — nature may be best suggested in relation to the Seven Absolutes of Infinity:

(1154.4) 105:2.5 1. The Universal Father. I AM father of the Eternal Son. This is the primal personality relationship of actualities. The absolute personality of the Son makes absolute the fact of God’s fatherhood and establishes the potential sonship of all personalities. This relationship establishes the personality of the Infinite and consummates its spiritual revelation in the personality of the Original Son. This phase of the I AM is partially experiencible on spiritual levels even by mortals who, while yet in the flesh, may worship our Father.

(1154.5) 105:2.6 2. The Universal Controller. I AM cause of eternal Paradise. This is the primal impersonal relationship of actualities, the original nonspiritual association. The Universal Father is God-as-love; the Universal Controller is God-as-pattern. This relationship establishes the potential of form — configuration — and determines the master pattern of impersonal and nonspiritual relationship — the master pattern from which all copies are made.

(1154.6) 105:2.7 3. The Universal Creator. I AM one with the Eternal Son. This union of the Father and the Son (in the presence of Paradise) initiates the creative cycle, which is consummated in the appearance of conjoint personality and the eternal universe. From the finite mortal’s viewpoint, reality has its true beginnings with the eternity appearance of the Havona creation. This creative act of Deity is by and through the God of Action, who is in essence the unity of the Father-Son manifested on and to all levels of the actual. Therefore is divine creativity unfailingly characterized by unity, and this unity is the outward reflection of the absolute oneness of the duality of the Father-Son and of the Trinity of the Father-Son-Spirit.

(1155.1) 105:2.8 4. The Infinite Upholder. I AM self-associative. This is the primordial association of the statics and potentials of reality. In this relationship, all qualifieds and unqualifieds are compensated. This phase of the I AM is best understood as the Universal Absolute — the unifier of the Deity and the Unqualified Absolutes.

(1155.2) 105:2.9 5. The Infinite Potential. I AM self-qualified. This is the infinity bench mark bearing eternal witness to the volitional self-limitation of the I AM by virtue of which there was achieved threefold self-expression and self-revelation. This phase of the I AM is usually understood as the Deity Absolute.

(1155.3) 105:2.10 6. The Infinite Capacity. I AM static-reactive. This is the endless matrix, the possibility for all future cosmic expansion. This phase of the I AM is perhaps best conceived as the supergravity presence of the Unqualified Absolute.

(1155.4) 105:2.11 7. The Universal One of Infinity. I AM as I AM. This is the stasis or self-relationship of Infinity, the eternal fact of infinity-reality and the universal truth of reality-infinity. In so far as this relationship is discernible as personality, it is revealed to the universes in the divine Father of all personality — even of absolute personality. In so far as this relationship is impersonally expressible, it is contacted by the universe as the absolute coherence of pure energy and of pure spirit in the presence of the Universal Father. In so far as this relationship is conceivable as an absolute, it is revealed in the primacy of the First Source and Center; in him we all live and move and have our being, from the creatures of space to the citizens of Paradise; and this is just as true of the master universe as of the infinitesimal ultimaton, just as true of what is to be as of that which is and of what has been."

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Deity-reality has both 'personal' and 'non-personal' components

Deity-reality has both 'personal' and 'non-personal' components

~*~*~

Hi Caino and all following,

We have a video-audio of the paper on the Father's personality here.

A unique revelation of 'personality' is given in the papers which may expand and illumine deeper insights into the traditional-orthodox definitions of 'personhood' within the 3 aspects of Deity in the Godhead which the papers reveal as the 'Paraside Trinity'. The divine numerical pattern of 1, 3 & 7 is significant here, as these multiples extend out from the primary unit of "1" and from there cover all dimensions and configurations of creation thru-out.

Some more related posts -

The God of personality

Point of view

~*~*~

We have some fun here on the 'The Two Trinities: Masculine and Feminine' from different context-perspectives. We might also note that the divine feminine or 'Mothering' aspect of 'God' is touched upon in the papers, since 'God' is the source of both masculine and feminine attributes expressed thru 'personality' and 'creation'. Elsewhere I refer to 'God' as 'Our Father-Mother-God', more of a parental affection.

For those new to the Urantia Book, this thread can be explored for all pertinent info. and commentary.

To the infinite I Am,

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What happens when we die?

The First Mansion World

(532.7) 47:3.1 On the mansion worlds the resurrected mortal survivors resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death. When you go from Urantia to the first mansion world, you will notice considerable change, but if you had come from a more normal and progressive sphere of time, you would hardly notice the difference except for the fact that you were in possession of a different body; the tabernacle of flesh and blood has been left behind on the world of nativity.

(532.8) 47:3.2 The very center of all activities on the first mansion world is the resurrection hall, the enormous temple of personality assembly. This gigantic structure consists of the central rendezvous of the seraphic destiny guardians, the Thought Adjusters, and the archangels of the resurrection. The Life Carriers also function with these celestial beings in the resurrection of the dead.

(533.1) 47:3.3 The mortal-mind transcripts and the active creature-memory patterns as transformed from the material levels to the spiritual are the individual possession of the detached Thought Adjusters; these spiritized factors of mind, memory, and creature personality are forever a part of such Adjusters. The creature mind-matrix and the passive potentials of identity are present in the morontia soul intrusted to the keeping of the seraphic destiny guardians. And it is the reuniting of the morontia-soul trust of the seraphim and the spirit-mind trust of the Adjuster that reassembles creature personality and constitutes resurrection of a sleeping survivor.

(533.2) 47:3.4 If a transitory personality of mortal origin should never be thus reassembled, the spirit elements of the nonsurviving mortal creature would forever continue as an integral part of the individual experiential endowment of the onetime indwelling Adjuster.

(533.3) 47:3.5 From the Temple of New Life there extend seven radial wings, the resurrection halls of the mortal races. Each of these structures is devoted to the assembly of one of the seven races of time. There are one hundred thousand personal resurrection chambers in each of these seven wings terminating in the circular class assembly halls, which serve as the awakening chambers for as many as one million individuals. These halls are surrounded by the personality assembly chambers of the blended races of the normal post-Adamic worlds. Regardless of the technique which may be employed on the individual worlds of time in connection with special or dispensational resurrections, the real and conscious reassembly of actual and complete personality takes place in the resurrection halls of mansonia number one. Throughout all eternity you will recall the profound memory impressions of your first witnessing of these resurrection mornings.

(533.4) 47:3.6 From the resurrection halls you proceed to the Melchizedek sector, where you are assigned permanent residence. Then you enter upon ten days of personal liberty. You are free to explore the immediate vicinity of your new home and to familiarize yourself with the program which lies immediately ahead. You also have time to gratify your desire to consult the registry and call upon your loved ones and other earth friends who may have preceded you to these worlds. At the end of your ten-day period of leisure you begin the second step in the Paradise journey, for the mansion worlds are actual training spheres, not merely detention planets.

(533.5) 47:3.7 On mansion world number one (or another in case of advanced status) you will resume your intellectual training and spiritual development at the exact level whereon they were interrupted by death. Between the time of planetary death or translation and resurrection on the mansion world, mortal man gains absolutely nothing aside from experiencing the fact of survival. You begin over there right where you leave off down here.

(533.6) 47:3.8 Almost the entire experience of mansion world number one pertains to deficiency ministry. Survivors arriving on this first of the detention spheres present so many and such varied defects of creature character and deficiencies of mortal experience that the major activities of the realm are occupied with the correction and cure of these manifold legacies of the life in the flesh on the material evolutionary worlds of time and space.

(534.1) 47:3.9 The sojourn on mansion world number one is designed to develop mortal survivors at least up to the status of the post-Adamic dispensation on the normal evolutionary worlds. Spiritually, of course, the mansion world students are far in advance of such a state of mere human development.

(534.2) 47:3.10 If you are not to be detained on mansion world number one, at the end of ten days you will enter the translation sleep and proceed to world number two, and every ten days thereafter you will thus advance until you arrive on the world of your assignment.

(534.3) 47:3.11 The center of the seven major circles of the first mansion world administration is occupied by the temple of the Morontia Companions, the personal guides assigned to ascending mortals. These companions are the offspring of the local universe Mother Spirit, and there are several million of them on the morontia worlds of Satania. Aside from those assigned as group companions, you will have much to do with the interpreters and translators, the building custodians, and the excursion supervisors. And all of these companions are most co-operative with those who have to do with developing your personality factors of mind and spirit within the morontia body.

(534.4) 47:3.12 As you start out on the first mansion world, one Morontia Companion is assigned to each company of one thousand ascending mortals, but you will encounter larger numbers as you progress through the seven mansion spheres. These beautiful and versatile beings are companionable associates and charming guides. They are free to accompany individuals or selected groups to any of the transition-culture spheres, including their satellite worlds. They are the excursion guides and leisure associates of all ascending mortals. They often accompany survivor groups on periodic visits to Jerusem, and on any day you are there, you can go to the registry sector of the system capital and meet ascending mortals from all seven of the mansion worlds since they freely journey back and forth between their residential abodes and the system headquarters.

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The afterlife....

The afterlife....

What happens when we die?

Hi Caino and all following,

We take up the question of 'what happens when we die?' here in another thread. The UB offers a unique and interesting view, it being primarily 'spiritualist' in orientation, but with greater details about the universe-ascent of progressing souls in their various stations. It differs from most spiritualist schools in that it holds to 'soul-death' (annihilation) in that some souls can ultimately choose to self-destruct (disintegration)....known as the 'second death' elsewhere. We've already covered that in various places in the thread here. The goodnews is that we have immortality-potential,...and Jesus our Creator-Son leads and guides us along that wonderful path of eternal life.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
More validation of the claims made by the Urantia Revelation in 1955:

(1009.6) 92:5.12 4. The sixth century before Christ. Many men arose to proclaim truth in this, one of the greatest centuries of religious awakening ever witnessed on Urantia. Among these should be recorded Gautama, Confucius, Lao-tse, Zoroaster, and the Jainist teachers. The teachings of Gautama have become widespread in Asia, and he is revered as the Buddha by millions. Confucius was to Chinese morality what Plato was to Greek philosophy, and while there were religious repercussions to the teachings of both, strictly speaking, neither was a religious teacher; Lao-tse envisioned more of God in Tao than did Confucius in humanity or Plato in idealism. Zoroaster, while much affected by the prevalent concept of dual spiritism, the good and the bad, at the same time definitely exalted the idea of one eternal Deity and of the ultimate victory of light over darkness.

Archaeologists' discovery could put Buddha's birth centuries earlier
December 1, 2013 |9:45AM ET |Updated 11:55AM ET

A newly discovered shrine suggests Buddha might have lived 300 years earlier than previously thought

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/12/1/oldest-buddha-shrineexcavatedputsbuddhasbirthcenturiesearlier.html

Caino

Status
Not open for further replies.