The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mortimer

If the mind does not know what the 'bread' and 'wine' symbolizes or means,....how can it relate to it? Hence Jesus explaining it. Later religious meanings and interpretations were invested in the ritual.
He said, (if we are to trust the written account), "This IS my body" and "This IS my blood"... he didn't say, "This represents my body and blood". Now I know there are all sorts of arguments can be made against this understanding but that's irrelevant. the point is that many Catholic, Eastern orthodox and Anglo-Catholic people have experienced immense blessings via such an understanding.
Let me make it clear though...in no way am I condoning the Bronze Age savagery of the concept of blood atonement.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
beyond bloodshed.....

beyond bloodshed.....

He said, (if we are to trust the written account), "This IS my body" and "This IS my blood"... he didn't say, "This represents my body and blood". Now I know there are all sorts of arguments can be made against this understanding but that's irrelevant. the point is that many Catholic, Eastern orthodox and Anglo-Catholic people have experienced immense blessings via such an understanding.
Let me make it clear though...in no way am I condoning the Bronze Age savagery of the concept of blood atonement.

I agree....and it comes down to the faith of the individual believer receiving the elements and the context-emphasis of the faith-community in which such are received. It just so happens that blood-atonement concepts where carried over from earlier belief-programs then remodified or incorporated as a 'eucharist'.

What is even more peculiar....is the rebuilding of the Jewish temple is supposed to reinstate the sacrifices again, so I question if this is a backward step or even necessary, since Jews already approach 'God' without these offerings. To a certain degree....its pointless.....or shows a 'god' subject to man's religious prescriptions.

pj

John Mortimer

I agree....and it comes down to the faith of the individual believer receiving the elements and the context-emphasis of the faith-community in which such are received.
Agreed
It just so happens that blood-atonement concepts where carried over from earlier belief-programs then remodified or incorporated as a 'eucharist'.
What is the origin of the Catholic Eucharist? I don't know...but I know how I experienced it in the Anglo-Catholic communion and it did me no spiritual harm whatsoever.
What is even more peculiar....is the rebuilding of the Jewish temple is supposed to reinstate the sacrifices again, so I question if this is a backward step or even necessary, since Jews already approach 'God' without these offerings. To a certain degree....its pointless.....or shows a 'god' subject to man's religious prescriptions.
it can only be a backward step - and an obscene one at that.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The cup:

"“Take this cup, all of you, and drink of it. This shall be the cup of my remembrance. This is the cup of the blessing of a new dispensation of grace and truth. This shall be to you the emblem of the bestowal and ministry of the divine Spirit of Truth. And I will not again drink this cup with you until I drink in new form with you in the Father’s eternal kingdom.”

The bread:

“Take this bread of remembrance and eat it. I have told you that I am the bread of life. And this bread of life is the united life of the Father and the Son in one gift. The word of the Father, as revealed in the Son, is indeed the bread of life.”

(1942.3) 179:5.4 In instituting this remembrance supper, the Master, as was always his habit, resorted to parables and symbols. He employed symbols because he wanted to teach certain great spiritual truths in such a manner as to make it difficult for his successors to attach precise interpretations and definite meanings to his words. In this way he sought to prevent successive generations from crystallizing his teaching and binding down his spiritual meanings by the dead chains of tradition and dogma. In the establishment of the only ceremony or sacrament associated with his whole life mission, Jesus took great pains to suggest his meanings rather than to commit himself to precise definitions. He did not wish to destroy the individual’s concept of divine communion by establishing a precise form; neither did he desire to limit the believer’s spiritual imagination by formally cramping it. He rather sought to set man’s reborn soul free upon the joyous wings of a new and living spiritual liberty.

The Christian concepts of atonemnet, flesh eating and blood sacrifice come from the Pagans who adopted the religion of Jesus that had been rejected by Judaism.

Human sacrifice for sins was not a part of the original "good news" gospel.

Caino

Last edited:

Aimiel

The Christian cancepts of atonemnet, flesh eating and blood sacrifice come from the Pagans who adopted the religion of Jesus that had been rejected by Judaism.
No, it came from Jesus, The Author and Finisher of our faith...

Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Without His Blood there is NO forgiveness of sins.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Remembering the life-giving gospel of Jesus.......

Remembering the life-giving gospel of Jesus.......

No, it came from Jesus, The Author and Finisher of our faith...

Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Without His Blood there is NO forgiveness of sins.

We've already addressed - blood-free atonement

It is probable that the so called 'eucharist' originated with Paul with its inclusion-concept of blood-atonement, since HE claimed to have received it from the Lord (via revelation or some other method). These concepts could have been 'interpolated' into the text of the gospels, putting the words into Jesus mouth, misrepresenting the Master. So, there is good evidence that Jesus did not utter these words, but they are Paul's ritual.

The UB does represent the Lord's Supper as actually happening, but such sharing of 'bread' and 'wine' was modelled after a typical Jewish meal, invested at this special time with meanings and values concerning the kingdom of 'God', the life-giving principle of both 'bread' and 'wine' having their spiritual significance to the soul, in this case symbolic, but nevertheless a 'means' whereby a spiritual sharing transpires. This is the essence and value of the Lord's Supper, remembering a Living Jesus and the promise of God's kingdom thru the giving of Jesus.

pj

Aimiel

... there is good evidence that Jesus did not utter these words, but they are Paul's ritual.
There is NO SUCH EVIDENCE whatsoever... anywhere. Obviously you didn't even read the brief summary of Dr. Greenleaf's book, "Testimony of the Evangelists," which I posted a link to...

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/jesus/greenleaf.html

His book explains that not only are the four gospels some of the greatest evidence of someone's life in antiquity (Jesus') but they agree and corroborate one another without question and your silly dismissal of one of the most important aspects of a Christian's beliefs is ludicrous. Without Christ's Blood there can be no remission of sin. There is no forgiveness of sin without the shedding of blood. God covered Adam and Eve's nakedness with animal skins. They were sacrificed to provide covering for their sin. It was the first symbol of Christ's sacrifice. If His death were not necessary for our salvation, He never would have subjected Himself to death. Do you understand the basis of Christianity at all? Without His Blood we are altogether sinful. Only His Blood can wash away our sin and shame. Only His Righteousness makes us fit for God's Kingdom. Without accepting that Christ's Life was the ONLY sinless life and taking His Blood and giving Him your sins you cannot have any life in you at all.

John 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Jesus didn't mince words, He said:

John 6:54
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

I have eternal life. I have it right now. I will never see death.

John 8:51
Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

This isn't up for debate. These are The Lord's Words. You're tossing out what He said for the words of a demon. You have no idea what Truth is, because you've given yourself over to fables, handed to you in darkness. You're lost. You need to repent. Jesus said that you're dead (John 6:53). He doesn't lie. You ARE dead. No life. Death. That's all you have. You should really change your moniker. You're not FREELIGHT... you're BOUNDBYDARKNESS.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
lets be nice.......

lets be nice.......

There is NO SUCH EVIDENCE whatsoever... anywhere.

Research again. Paul claims he received the 'eucharist' from the Lord as he described it to the Corinthians.

Obviously you didn't even read the brief summary of Dr. Greenleaf's book, "Testimony of the Evangelists," which I posted a link to...

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/jesus/greenleaf.html

Other scholars reject the gospels as being without error, ommissions, interpolations, additions, etc....besides there being inconsistencies and other problems with making claims of historical reliability or inerrancy.

His book explains that not only are the four gospels some of the greatest evidence of someone's life in antiquity (Jesus') but they agree and corroborate one another without question and your silly dismissal of one of the most important aspects of a Christian's beliefs is ludicrous. Without Christ's Blood there can be no remission of sin. There is no forgiveness of sin without the shedding of blood. God covered Adam and Eve's nakedness with animal skins. They were sacrificed to provide covering for their sin. It was the first symbol of Christ's sacrifice. If His death were not necessary for our salvation, He never would have subjected Himself to death. Do you understand the basis of Christianity at all? Without His Blood we are altogether sinful. Only His Blood can wash away our sin and shame. Only His Righteousness makes us fit for God's Kingdom. Without accepting that Christ's Life was the ONLY sinless life and taking His Blood and giving Him your sins you cannot have any life in you at all.

Remember, we've shown there is atonement, healing, forgiveness and restoration apart from blood-sacrifice.

Blood not required for salvation

The UB's explanation has been shared here as well, which is the subject-context of the thread :)

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Jesus didn't mince words, He said:

John 6:54
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

'Flesh' and 'blood' taken 'symbolically'.

I have eternal life. I have it right now. I will never see death.

John 8:51
Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Yes, one who is one with God, sharing the same faith as Jesus in that One God Power and Presence...has life NOW. "I and the Father are One".

This isn't up for debate. These are The Lord's Words.

You cannot prove they are the actual words of Jesus or that they did not first originate with Paul and were later inserted into the gospels. The UB agrees with a Lords Supper taking place, but the emblems of 'bread' and 'wine' had nothing to do with a vicarious blood-atonement concept. The 'elements' do however represent what is 'spiritual' in nature ....as in 'nourishment' or a 'sharing'..... in that the believer shares in the life and kingdom of the divine Son, as a real 'communion', - all believers share from the divine-life source of the Creator-Son who bestowed himself on our world (Urantia) as the bread of life. Even in a 'eucharistic' context and traditionally interpreted format,....we still take the emblems symbolically on a spiritual level which may affect a true religious experience (again, this giving of the divine Son does not need to include a primitive concept of blood-sacrifice or payment for sins....but is a love-sacrifice and spiritual sharing which the Son gives freely to all who accept him and his gospel of the kingdom. The thanksgiving meal commemorates the spiritual sharing of the kingdom with the King or Lord of that kingdom.

You're tossing out what He said for the words of a demon.

I draw from other sources besides the NT (canonized by men biased to a particular agenda or suiting for a specific community) for what Jesus taught and who Jesus is, since the NT is limited by its own pre-scriptions.

You have no idea what Truth is, because you've given yourself over to fables, handed to you in darkness. You're lost. You need to repent. Jesus said that you're dead (John 6:53). He doesn't lie. You ARE dead. No life. Death. That's all you have. You should really change your moniker. You're not FREELIGHT... you're BOUNDBYDARKNESS.

Ad hominems are unnecessary, since I hold my own in 'creative dialogue', 'research' and 'progressive research' on these subjects,...and naturally may be biased on certain levels according to my own philosophical disposition and understanding at any point in time. All are entitled rightly to research all things for themselves. Points of view are subject to change. Thats what is wonderful about 'learning'....one is ever innovating his own views, insights and perspective with added revelation or new discoveries.

My 'name' is what it is......for anyone not afraid to research and learn what is true or real for themselves....embraces 'light'. 'Light' is 'knowledge', 'consciousness' 'clear perception'. 'God' is a reality I enjoy now, since I could not 'be' or 'exist' apart from 'God'.

pj

Aimiel

Research again. Paul claims he received the 'eucharist' from the Lord as he described it to the Corinthians.
Not sure I'm getting your meaning. When Paul says he received from, "The Lord," but you say these are NOT Jesus' Words is it because you consider Satan as The Lord and not Jesus? Jesus identified Himself to Paul. He is The Lord.
Other scholars reject the gospels as being without error, ommissions, interpolations, additions, etc....besides there being inconsistencies and other problems with making claims of historical reliability or inerrancy.
These 'problems' you've hinted at are not the topic of this thread, nor are they substantiated. The Holy Bible is the single most reliable historic record of antiquity and indeed the ONLY record for much of ancient history. There has yet to be one single Scripturally stated historic fact disproved.
Remember, we've shown there is atonement, healing, forgiveness and restoration apart from blood-sacrifice.
No, you've only shown ignorance of the ONLY atonement, forgiveness and restoration of relationship with God by trampling underfoot The Blood of His Lamb.
'Flesh' and 'blood' taken 'symbolically'.
Yes, but without partaking of and remembering these 'symbols' you have no life in you (Jesus' Words).
Yes, one who is one with God, sharing the same faith as Jesus in that One God Power and Presence...has life NOW. "I and the Father are One".
But without Jesus' Blood you cannot be 'with' God but only against Him.
You cannot prove they are the actual words of Jesus or that they did not first originate with Paul and were later inserted into the gospels.
Yes, they are The Lord's Words, and if you were to read the link I posted or the book I mentioned you would see that they are. :duh:
The UB agrees with a Lords Supper taking place, but the emblems of 'bread' and 'wine' had nothing to do with a vicarious blood-atonement concept. The 'elements' do however represent what is 'spiritual' in nature ....as in 'nourishment' or a 'sharing'..... in that the believer shares in the life and kingdom of the divine Son, as a real 'communion', - all believers share from the divine-life source of the Creator-Son who bestowed himself on our world (Urantia) as the bread of life.
:nono: No! Universalism is bunk.
I draw from other sources besides the NT (canonized by men biased to a particular agenda or suiting for a specific community) for what Jesus taught and who Jesus is, since the NT is limited by its own pre-scriptions.
I believe that you are limited not just in your faith but in your ability to know God by NOT believing the New Testament.
My 'name' is what it is......for anyone not afraid to research and learn what is true or real for themselves....embraces 'light'. 'Light' is 'knowledge', 'consciousness' 'clear perception'. 'God' is a reality I enjoy now, since I could not 'be' or 'exist' apart from 'God'.
No. You enjoy darkness, obviously. You're NOT on God's Team... you're on the dark side. :duh:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God IS

God IS

Not sure I'm getting your meaning. When Paul says he received from, "The Lord," but you say these are NOT Jesus' Words is it because you consider Satan as The Lord and not Jesus? Jesus identified Himself to Paul. He is The Lord.These 'problems' you've hinted at are not the topic of this thread, nor are they substantiated. The Holy Bible is the single most reliable historic record of antiquity and indeed the ONLY record for much of ancient history. There has yet to be one single Scripturally stated historic fact disproved.No, you've only shown ignorance of the ONLY atonement, forgiveness and restoration of relationship with God by trampling underfoot The Blood of His Lamb.Yes, but without partaking of and remembering these 'symbols' you have no life in you (Jesus' Words).But without Jesus' Blood you cannot be 'with' God but only against Him.Yes, they are The Lord's Words, and if you were to read the link I posted or the book I mentioned you would see that they are. :duh::nono: No! Universalism is bunk.I believe that you are limited not just in your faith but in your ability to know God by NOT believing the New Testament.No. You enjoy darkness, obviously. You're NOT on God's Team... you're on the dark side. :duh:

No need to respond to any of this, as we have time and time again, but for the sake of readers really interesting in learning,....we keep the thread open. 'Atonement' if we define it as being in a state of 'at-one-ment'....is just that,...and can be afforded by the soul re-turning its awareness and attention to 'God', via prayer, meditation, worship, communion, surrender, etc. 'God' is our Universal Father, who being LOVE is ever available to all who call upon Him. Its a matter of repentance (re-turning the mind to its heart-source), which is 'God', the First Source and Center of all that is.

Injoy :)

pj

Aimiel

Truly, God is only found by those who seek and search for Him with all of their heart. They will, however not find salvation without going through The Blood of The Lamb. Attempting to go any other way is trampling His Blood under your feet.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
no need for bloodshed.......

no need for bloodshed.......

Truly, God is only found by those who seek and search for Him with all of their heart. They will, however not find salvation without going through The Blood of The Lamb. Attempting to go any other way is trampling His Blood under your feet.

Thats your belief, and not held by a good percentage of sentient beings on the planet. Recognizing that atonement can be acheived without a blood-sacrifice does not necessary imply a 'trampling' of Jesus blood underfoot since the symbology of 'blood' can still be variously applied.

89:10.6 The forgiveness of sin by Deity is the renewal of loyalty relations following a period of the human consciousness of the lapse of such relations as the consequence of conscious rebellion. The forgiveness does not have to be sought, only received as the consciousness of re-establishment of loyalty relations between the creature and the Creator. And all the loyal sons of God are happy, service-loving, and ever-progressive in the Paradise ascent. - UB

Remember, all that is required is a re-turning to 'God', since Love is ever present.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No blood needed,...just 'God'

No blood needed,...just 'God'

You trample His Blood under your feet with those words.

Thats your 'assumption',....but far from it. Prayer, re-turning to Spirit, repentance, worship, meditation, and other such gestures which re-establish loyalty relations to Deity (of that which affects real communion) are all that is sufficient since Love is omnipresent and ever-availing.

Re: mercy -

The Divine Mercy

2:4.1 Mercy is simply justice tempered by that wisdom which grows out of perfection of knowledge and the full recognition of the natural weaknesses and environmental handicaps of finite creatures. “Our God is full of compassion, gracious, long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy.” Therefore “whosoever calls upon the Lord shall be saved,” “for he will abundantly pardon.” “The mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting”; yes, “his mercy endures forever.” “I am the Lord who executes loving-kindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight.” “I do not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men,” for I am “the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort.”

2:4.2 God is inherently kind, naturally compassionate, and everlastingly merciful. And never is it necessary that any influence be brought to bear upon the Father to call forth his loving-kindness. The creature’s need is wholly sufficient to insure the full flow of the Father’s tender mercies and his saving grace. Since God knows all about his children, it is easy for him to forgive. The better man understands his neighbor, the easier it will be to forgive him, even to love him.

2:4.3 Only the discernment of infinite wisdom enables a righteous God to minister justice and mercy at the same time and in any given universe situation. The heavenly Father is never torn by conflicting attitudes towards his universe children; God is never a victim of attitudinal antagonisms. God’s all-knowingness unfailingly directs his free will in the choosing of that universe conduct which perfectly, simultaneously, and equally satisfies the demands of all his divine attributes and the infinite qualities of his eternal nature.

2:4.4 Mercy is the natural and inevitable offspring of goodness and love. The good nature of a loving Father could not possibly withhold the wise ministry of mercy to each member of every group of his universe children. Eternal justice and divine mercy together constitute what in human experience would be called fairness.

The Love of God

2:5.1 “God is love”; therefore his only personal attitude towards the affairs of the universe is always a reaction of divine affection. The Father loves us sufficiently to bestow his life upon us. “He makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.”

2:5.2 It is wrong to think of God as being coaxed into loving his children because of the sacrifices of his Sons or the intercession of his subordinate creatures, “for the Father himself loves you.” It is in response to this paternal affection that God sends the marvelous Adjusters to indwell the minds of men. God’s love is universal; “whosoever will may come.” He would “have all men be saved by coming into the knowledge of the truth.” He is “not willing that any should perish.”

- Paper 2, Nature of God

All one has to see is that God is Love, and that love embraces those who re-turn, accept and embrace such....since love is the fulfilling of the law of one's own existence. When one is walking in love, there is no sin or lack,...for one is harmony with Spirit, loyally united to 'God' in will and nature. 'Sin' is a break in this communion, or a missing the mark of love-communion with Spirit. Once relationship and loyalty to divine love and will are restored, there is 'atonement'. No death or bloodshed from an animal or human being is necessary to restore the relationship a soul itself can effect by re-turning to 'God' for itself, since repentance is the key.

pj

Aimiel

Thats your 'assumption',....but far from it. Prayer, re-turning to Spirit, repentance, worship, meditation, and other such gestures which re-establish loyalty relations to Deity (of that which affects real communion) are all that is sufficient since Love is omnipresent and ever-availing.
But you don't love Christ.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

If you did you'd keep His Commandments. One thing He commanded is to drink His Blood and eat His Flesh.

You have NO LIFE in you. NONE!!![/QUOTE]All one has to see is that God is Love, and that love embraces those who re-turn, accept and embrace such....since love is the fulfilling of the law of one's own existence. When one is walking in love, there is no sin or lack,...for one is harmony with Spirit, loyally united to 'God' in will and nature. 'Sin' is a break in this communion, or a missing the mark of love-communion with Spirit. Once relationship and loyalty to divine love and will are restored, there is 'atonement'. No death or bloodshed from an animal or human being is necessary to restore the relationship a soul itself can effect by re-turning to 'God' for itself, since repentance is the key.[/QUOTE]Sin cannot be remitted without Jesus' Blood. You have no life in you without His Blood. You're ignoring His Words. That's what puts you out of His Reach. You cannot reach God with your works and you cannot have any life in you without accepting Christ's sacrificial death / atonement for your life due to your sin. Look down... your feet are bloody, because the only connection you have to Christ's Blood is you trample It under your feet.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Freelight,

Are you beginning to understand the injunction "cast not your pearls before swine”? It doesn’t matter, they hate without a cause. The UB will be received about as well as Jesus was received by the scripture worshiping Jews and for the same reasons; one can be religious but not spiritual. Jesus told us that many will “believe” the facts about him, form doctines and rituals, but not belive in him, have faith with him.

"Christianity has indeed done a great service for this world, but what is now most needed is Jesus. The world needs to see Jesus living again on earth in the experience of spirit-born mortals who effectively reveal the Master to all men. It is futile to talk about a revival of primitive Christianity; you must go forward from where you find yourselves. Modern culture must become spiritually baptized with a new revelation of Jesus’ life and illuminated with a new understanding of his gospel of eternal salvation. And when Jesus becomes thus lifted up, he will draw all men to himself. Jesus’ disciples should be more than conquerors, even overflowing sources of inspiration and enhanced living to all men. Religion is only an exalted humanism until it is made divine by the discovery of the reality of the presence of God in personal experience."

Religous zealots will not give you a fair hearing.

Caino

Aimiel

Personal experience with God is not possible without coming to God through Christ. His Blood is what makes the difference. Without It you have nothing. Through The Blood of Christ, God sees His Son in us, but without it He only sees your sin.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
set your mind free........

set your mind free........

Freelight,

Are you beginning to understand the injunction "cast not your pearls before swine”? It doesn’t matter, they hate without a cause. The UB will be received about as well as Jesus was received by the scripture worshiping Jews and for the same reasons; one can be religious but not spiritual. Jesus told us that many will “believe” the facts about him, form doctines and rituals, but not belive in him, have faith with him.

"Christianity has indeed done a great service for this world, but what is now most needed is Jesus. The world needs to see Jesus living again on earth in the experience of spirit-born mortals who effectively reveal the Master to all men. It is futile to talk about a revival of primitive Christianity; you must go forward from where you find yourselves. Modern culture must become spiritually baptized with a new revelation of Jesus’ life and illuminated with a new understanding of his gospel of eternal salvation. And when Jesus becomes thus lifted up, he will draw all men to himself. Jesus’ disciples should be more than conquerors, even overflowing sources of inspiration and enhanced living to all men. Religion is only an exalted humanism until it is made divine by the discovery of the reality of the presence of God in personal experience."

Hi Caino,.....I agree. There is an exhaustion point in dialogue where there is no longer free exchange, constructive research, exploration of new ideas and possibilities, expansion of consciousness, etc. The issue of 'blood atonement' has been clearly explained here. Casting pearls before swine is sharing what has real value with those who do not recognize it, in which they in turn become violent towards, despise and also mis-interpret and misrepresent thru their own religious preconceptions and ingrained belief-systems.

Religous zealots will not give you a fair hearing.

True,....since they already believe they have the sole and absolute truth about anything.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
spiritually advancing.........

spiritually advancing.........

One thing He commanded is to drink His Blood and eat His Flesh.

Remember such is symbolic, to be 'translated' spiritually.

You have NO LIFE in you. NONE!!!

I am very much alive and well. I live, move and have my being in 'God'. 'God' is the very life, vitality and consciousness permeating my being.

Sin cannot be remitted without Jesus' Blood. You have no life in you without His Blood. You're ignoring His Words. That's what puts you out of His Reach. You cannot reach God with your works and you cannot have any life in you without accepting Christ's sacrificial death / atonement for your life due to your sin. Look down... your feet are bloody, because the only connection you have to Christ's Blood is you trample It under your feet.

We already showed that there is atonement without having to offer up a blood-sacrifice. The blood of Jesus is symbolic, and the remembrance meal or 'Lord's Supper' is one reflecting the new life of the Spirit we share with Jesus and the Spirit of truth that was poured out. Bread and wine are elements of nourishment with life-giving qualities translated on a spiritual level.

Furthermore -

4:5.4 The barbarous idea of appeasing an angry God, of propitiating an offended Lord, of winning the favor of Deity through sacrifices and penance and even by the shedding of blood, represents a religion wholly puerile and primitive, a philosophy unworthy of an enlightened age of science and truth. Such beliefs are utterly repulsive to the celestial beings and the divine rulers who serve and reign in the universes. It is an affront to God to believe, hold, or teach that innocent blood must be shed in order to win his favor or to divert the fictitious divine wrath.

Remember,...as we've shared...the Lord's Supper was a memorial feast pointing to the kingdom of God where all share the 'bread' and 'wine' of spiritual communion with the Master. Any lover of Jesus would be glad of a revelation sharing the goodnews of Jesus regarding this kingdom on our world. Its central theme is 'The Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of Man', fulfilled in loving service, faith and the advancement of true religious principles and values.

pj

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.