The Kingdom Of God

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Psalm 86:4-5

4 Gladden the soul of your servant,
for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
5 For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Psalm 86:4-5

4 Gladden the soul of your servant,
for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
5 For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.

I said

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see that the milk is something that is given by the mother when we are young, this is hearing the word of God from others when we are young in God and still living in the world and given the word of God in a way in which we can understand.

But as we become stronger in God we are ready for the meat something to chew on, I see this as understanding and wisdom, revelation. And we won't be able to receive this until the beast which is our old nature has been put to death, the blood poured out which is our old life gone and we've been through the fire, tried and tested, a living sacrifice and we are born of the spirit and we have the life of Christ within, and once God can trust us, he opens our understanding and gives us the meat, and when we have understanding God will be giving us revelation and we will also understand those who are stronger in God when they speak in the tongue of God.

Yes, i agree, we can't just enter into the kingdom of God. It must first enter into us through faith by the grace of God, and we are washed in the word from within by the rivers of living water and as we breathe in the breath of life, we become alive in God. And not only a living soul but a quickened spirit, not only knowing God, but being made alive in the spirit through our lord and saviour, Jesus Christ. Who has brought those who truly belong to him, those who have laid down their lives, from darkness to light, from death to life, alive in God and dead the world those who walk in the spirit, who are at one with God and Christ.

The kingdom of God is most definitely within you, and as it grows within, we grow stronger in God inside and out.

Good post.

The Spirit of the Kingdom is in us, not the Kingdom of God itself.

Jesus said the Kingdom was among them, not in.

LA

ok doser

1 John 3:2

2 Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
1 John 3:2

2 Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

I said

1 Cor 13:11-12
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 13:10
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

John 16:7-12
7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
(NKJ)

ok doser

Romans 12:2

2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Romans 12:2

2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

I said

1 Cor 11:31
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 13:5
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
(NKJ)

1Thes 5:21
21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
(NKJ)

I Jn 4:1-2

1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
(NKJ)

ok doser

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

I said

1 Tim 1:9-10
9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
(NKJ)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I said

1 Tim 1:9-10
9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
(NKJ)
Romans 3:10 KJV -

ok doser

Proverbs 20:3

3 It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife,
but every fool will be quarreling.

beameup

KINGDOM OF GOD (INSIDE YOURSELF)

"For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst." - Luke 17:21
At this point in Jesus' ministry, he was pointing out to the Pharisees that
"the Kingdom was in their presence". Jesus was telling them that, as Messiah,
the Kingdom was right there and then. Jesus was NOT telling the Pharisees
that the Kingdom was "within" THEM.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
KINGDOM OF GOD (INSIDE YOURSELF)

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Rom 14:17
17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Acts 14:22
22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, "We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God."
Matt 6:33-34
33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Acts 17:24-25
24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
25 "Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
John 4:23-24
23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
Mark 10:15
15 "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.
Matt 12:25
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.
Matt 12:28
28 "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
Matt 8:12
12 "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Mark 1:15
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

Luke 17:21 New King James Version (NKJV)

21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

Luke 17:21 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

The Savior said the kingdom of God was with them, or better, among them. The Lord could not have meant that the kingdom was actually inside the hearts of the Pharisees, because these hardened religious hypocrites had no room for Christ in their hearts as king. Believers Bible Commentary

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Luke 17:21 New King James Version (NKJV)

21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

Luke 17:21 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

The Savior said the kingdom of God was with them, or better, among them. The Lord could not have meant that the kingdom was actually inside the hearts of the Pharisees, because these hardened religious hypocrites had no room for Christ in their hearts as king. Believers Bible Commentary

I said
Well it would be hard for someone who doesn't know the Holy Spirit to understand. But the Holy Spirit will lead one into the kingdom of God inside themselves. It is a state of mind where one separates their inner man from their outer person. And goes to war against all the unclean spirits in them and purges their mind of carnality.

marhig

Good post.

The Spirit of the Kingdom is in us, not the Kingdom of God itself.

Jesus said the Kingdom was among them, not in.

LA

The spirit of the kingdom is within us yes. But we pray every day for God's kingdom to come. And seeing that the holy spirit belongs to Gods kingdom and he's within our hearts, then yes Gods kingdom is within us.

I believe that there are many ministering spirits, who guide us every day, these all belong to the kingdom of God and minister to the hearts of all those who truly belong to God. So I do believe that Gods kingdom is within us.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The spirit of the kingdom is within us yes. But we pray every day for God's kingdom to come. And seeing that the holy spirit belongs to Gods kingdom and he's within our hearts, then yes Gods kingdom is within us.

I believe that there are many ministering spirits, who guide us every day, these all belong to the kingdom of God and minister to the hearts of all those who truly belong to God. So I do believe that Gods kingdom is within us.

I said

Matt 13:16-17
16 "But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;
17 "for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I entered the kingdom of God about 35 years ago. I just came out in the past 5 years. Its a gradual process. But I know now I cant get back in. So I have to live with what I didn't get accomplished while I was in there.
It all fits with the stories of the old testament where God sent the children into a land to kill every living thing. But the Israelites kept some people and animals alive. God told them they will be a thorn in your flesh.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I can tell you this. That no one will be able to enter the kingdom of God before they know certain things.
Like nothing in us is from us.

2 Cor 3:4-5
4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God.
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
(NKJ)