The Heart Of The Gospel:

JAG

The video - about 1 minute

The word for word text of the video:

The Gospel In A Nutshell:
"2 Cor. 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us,
that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. Let
me unpack those 15 Greek words: He God made Jesus sin.
What do you mean He made Jesus sin? Only in one sense:
He treated Him as if He had committed every sin ever
committed by every person who would believe though in fact
Jesus committed none of them. Hanging on The Cross he was
Holy, Harmless, and Undefiled.

Hanging on The Cross He was the Spotless Lamb, He was never
a split second a sinner. He was Holy God on The Cross, but God
is treating Him -I'll put it more practically, as if He had lived my life.
God punished Jesus for my sin, turns right around and treats me
as if I had lived His life. That's the great doctrine of Substitution and
on that doctrine turned the whole reformation of the Christian Church,
that is the heart of the gospel and what you get is complete forgiveness
covered by the righteousness of Jesus Christ. When God looks at The
Cross He sees you and when He looks at you He sees Christ."
__John MacArthur

JAG

[]

Thoughts?

`

SKC

What MacArthur said is true, but the heart of the Gospel is found in John 3:14-21.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The Good News or the Glad Tidings or the Gospel is that Christ died for the sins of the whole world, and that God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

JAG

What MacArthur said is true, but the heart of the Gospel is found in John 3:14-21.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The Good News or the Glad Tidings or the Gospel is that Christ died for the sins of the whole world, and that God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
Thanks for that valuable contribution -- much appreciated.

God bless.

JAG

[]

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The death penalty is at the heart of the Gospel of Grace.

If you aren't teaching that, then you're not teaching the gospel.

JAG

The death penalty is at the heart of the Gospel of Grace.

If you aren't teaching that, then you're not teaching the gospel.
Fully agreed -- if by "death penalty" you mean the human race
deserves death because of the imputation of Adam's sin AND the
fact that ALL humans have actually repeated Adam's sin.

The fact that humans deserve death is assumed in the OP, even
though not explicitly stated, because our deserved-death is
assumed by the great doctrine of Substitution -- which is what
the OP is all about, that is, Jesus DIED [our-deserved-death] in
our place.

Best.

JAG

[]

Reactions: SKC