ECT The great Bible doctrines revealed through Paul

musterion

William R. Newell listed the following.
1. The unrighteousness before God of all men.

2. The impossibility of justification by works before God — that is, of any man’s attaining a standing of righteousness before God by anything done by him. Do what a man may, he is a condemned sinner still.

3. The fact and the Scripturalness of righteousness on the free gift principle—that is, of Divine righteousness, separate from all man’s doings, conferred upon man as a free gift from God.

4. Propitiation—that satisfaction of God’s Holy Nature and law for man’s sins rendered by Christ’s blood.

5. Reconciliation—the removal by Christ’s death for man of that obstacle to righteousness which man’s sin had set up between God and man.

6. The plan of the actual conferring of the gift of righteousness upon all who believe, without any distinction. This change of a sinner’s standing before God, from one of condemnation to one of righteousness, is called Justification. Negatively, it is deliverance from guilt on account of Christ’s shed blood and deliverance out of the old creation by identification in death with Christ on the Cross. Positively, it is a new standing in the risen Christ before God.

7. Redemption—the buying back of the soul through the blood of Christ from sin; from the curse of the law—even death, involving exclusion from God under penalty; from the "power of death," which involves the hand of the enemy; and from all iniquity.

8. Forgiveness—the going forth of Divine tenderness in remitting the penalty for sin in view of the blood of Christ trusted in, and in complacency and fellowship to creatures who before were necessarily under Divine judgment.

9. Remission of sins—that is, the actual removing of transgressions or trespasses from the sinner, so that for all time and eternity his sins shall not again be upon him.

10. Identification—(see above, Justification). The great fact that those who are in Christ were united with Him at the Cross by God’s sovereign inscrutable act and were crucified with Christ and buried with Him, so that their history is now ended before God. And when Christ was raised up as the Firstborn of the new creation, they also were raised up with Him and their history began as new creatures in God’s sight in Christ, the Last Adam. Of course, in the experience of the Christian there comes a time when he is actually made partaker of this new life—that point of time when he is, as we say, saved, or converted, or born again, etc. Nevertheless, the life that is in every Christian came up out of the Tomb, and it is in Christ Jesus that a man is created anew.

11. Incorporation—This tremendous doctrine Paul alone mentions, and he makes it practically the foundation of all his exhortations to the saints with regard to their conduct and life. By "incorporation" we mean the fact that all those who are really saved and are new creatures in Christ Jesus become members of one organism (called "the Body of Christ"), which is more real than the very earth we tread upon—Christ Himself in Heaven being the Head of this Body and every real Christian a member of it. So that believers are thus members of Christ in Heaven and also members one of another here on earth. No wonder Paul is able to exhort the saints to love one another when they are members one of another! (Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 12; Eph. 4).

12. Inhabitation—The wonderful fact that the Body of Christ and each member of it individually is inhabited, indwelt, by the Holy Spirit Himself, and not only so, but that the Church is being "built together" as a great temple of God so that in the future God’s actual eternal dwelling place will be this wonderful, mysterious company built into a building called "a holy habitation of God in the Spirit." This mystery is a great and marvelous one—the fact that we are saved, are partakers now of the life of the Lord in glory, that the Holy Spirit indwells us.

13. Divine Exhibition—That is, that through the Church in the ages to come is to be made known that which God counts His "riches," even His Grace (Eph. 2:7; 3:10).
Does anyone find that these doctrines are not peculiarly Pauline but were already given in prior revelation? If so, where?

musterion

Was Abel righteous?

You miss Newell's point, which is understandable. He was speaking dispensationally -- that all mankind, Jew and Gentile alike, were NOW counted by God to be in unbelief, so Israel's primacy and claims to precedence over Gentiles was wiped. That's where he's coming from on that.

Truster

Those doctrines are found throughout the Old Testament. It's termed the pre-evangelism which is translated into English as the Promise.

If you are giving glory to Paul for these doctrines then you need to read the Bible from cover to cover at least once a year until you see the error of your ways.

Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Messiah."
Is Messiah divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Those doctrines are found throughout the Old Testament. It's termed the pre-evangelism which is translated into English as the Promise.

If you are giving glory to Paul for these doctrines then you need to read the Bible from cover to cover at least once a year until you see the error of your ways.

Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Messiah."
Is Messiah divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

no glory is given to Paul - he said so many times - your mind is in the wrong place on this of all days -

Truster

no glory is given to Paul - he said so many times - your mind is in the wrong place on this of all days -

''Saying so'' does not detract from the fact that much of the truth is being dismissed in favour of the historical writings of Paul. Who was only the instrument of the doctrines.

''But Adonay told him, "Go, because he's my chosen instrument to carry my name to unbelievers, to their kings, and to the descendants of Israel''.

musterion

Find in the Bible the salvation of Gentiles by faith alone in Christ's DBRW, and totally apart from God using Israel...before Paul taught it. Don't say "It's there." Show it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Find in the Bible the salvation of Gentiles by faith alone in Christ's DBRW, and totally apart from God using Israel...before Paul taught it. Don't say "It's there." Show it.

Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

LA

musterion

Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

LA

Not 20 minutes ago, I heard a local radio preacher cite Acts 2 as support for belief in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. Problem is, Peter never said it. Peter also did not know WHY Cornelius et al spoke in tongues when they did; he only knew WHAT God had done. None of the believing Jews knew, at that time.

You are blind, as always.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Not 20 minutes ago, I heard a local radio preacher cite Acts 2 as support for belief in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. Problem is, Peter never said it. Peter also did not know WHY Cornelius et al spoke in tongues when they did; he only knew WHAT God had done. None of the believing Jews knew, at that time.

Peter did teach Gospel Truth of the full Incarnation and purpose of Jesus Christ . . in his own words inspired by the Holy Spirit abiding within him at the time . . but because he did not quote the exact words that Paul wrote to the church of Corinth (years later) you MADists have irrationally refused Peter's preaching the grace of Jesus Christ as being non-saving Truth.

MAD declares Paul's language to be the only linguistic (gnostic and mystical) gospel FORMULA that mouthed and quoted, ALONE can save souls, and thus MAD dismisses and denies the teachings of all the other Apostles, and even the very Gospel message of Jesus Christ Himself!

That gross error of MAD is what I reject . . . Not the inspired teachings of Paul.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

All of Jerusalem knew of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and Peter explained what it meant in Acts ch 2. after Christ had explained to His disciples and Apostles--

Luk 24:13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
Luk 24:14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
Luk 24:15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
Luk 24:16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.
Luk 24:17 And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
Luk 24:18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?
Luk 24:19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
Luk 24:20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
Luk 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
Luk 24:22 Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;
Luk 24:23 And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.
Luk 24:24 And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.
Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
9. Remission of sins—that is, the actual removing of transgressions or trespasses from the sinner, so that for all time and eternity his sins shall not again be upon him.

Madists here do not believe that to be true.

LA