The grammar of Gal 2 and the folly of 2P2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Here Paul is speaking to Gentiles and telling them that OUR ANCESTORS were under the cloud. Gentile's ancestors, not just Jews' ancestors because we are all the same in ONE FAITH through Jesus Christ and are family as we Gentiles are related to all who believed and obeyed from the past.

1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea.

Paul is speaking about our water baptism unto Christ, and how the people had the SAME WATER BAPTISM UNTO CHRIST in the Old Testament times when the Red Sea was parted and when God went before them to guide them in a pillar of cloud.

2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Did you read those scriptures? PAUL says they were baptized as we are, and ate the SAME SPIRITUAL FOOD and drank the SAME SPIRITUAL DRINK...FROM CHRIST. Do you believe Paul? Paul says they had the SAME Spiritual food and drink that we do!

No different gospel there. Paul is claiming his gospel is the same gospel as preached to those in the desert!

Did you read that? Paul says THEY WERE AN EXAMPLE TO US. So do not say it was different.

7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.” 8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. 9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did—and were killed by snakes. 10 And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel.

11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

To whom the culmination of the ages HAS COME! Did you read that? WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM IS A WARNING TO US TO OBEY GOD.

12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Paul says TO BE CAREFUL THAT YOU DON"T FALL! Falling is about DYING for NOT obeying!

We have to believe and obey God and do what pleases Jesus.

Paul proves that he taught the same as even in the OLD TESTAMENT, the SAME AS WHAT CHRIST TAUGHT, and all of Jesus' Apostles.

Interplanner

Here Paul is speaking to Gentiles and telling them that OUR ANCESTORS were under the cloud. Gentile's ancestors, not just Jews' ancestors because we are all the same in ONE FAITH through Jesus Christ and are family as we Gentiles are related to all who believed and obeyed from the past.

1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea.

Paul is speaking about our water baptism unto Christ, and how the people had the SAME WATER BAPTISM UNTO CHRIST in the Old Testament times when the Red Sea was parted and when God went before them to guide them in a pillar of cloud.

2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Did you read those scriptures? PAUL says they were baptized as we are, and ate the SAME SPIRITUAL FOOD and drank the SAME SPIRITUAL DRINK...FROM CHRIST. Do you believe Paul? Paul says they had the SAME Spiritual food and drink that we do!

No different gospel there. Paul is claiming his gospel is the same gospel as preached to those in the desert!

Did you read that? Paul says THEY WERE AN EXAMPLE TO US. So do not say it was different.

7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.” 8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. 9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did—and were killed by snakes. 10 And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel.

11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

To whom the culmination of the ages HAS COME! Did you read that? WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM IS A WARNING TO US TO OBEY GOD.

12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Paul says TO BE CAREFUL THAT YOU DON"T FALL! Falling is about DYING for NOT obeying!

We have to believe and obey God and do what pleases Jesus.

Paul proves that he taught the same as even in the OLD TESTAMENT, the SAME AS WHAT CHRIST TAUGHT, and all of Jesus' Apostles.

Yes, if any place was going to show that there were other gospels, it would be I Cor 10. Although I'm sure they would confine themselves to alternative beliefs in the early days of the church, trying to find another gospel embedded in Gal 2 or Act 8, 9, 15, etc. They would not refer to situations that far back in Israel.

God's Truth

How about this...the Madists claim there is another gospel than the one preached by Jesus Christ---yet Jesus calls our attention to his gospel being run by 'the church'.

Matthew 16:18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Matthew 18:15 [ Dealing With Sin in the Church ] “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.

Matthew 18:17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

So much for a different gospel and how Jesus only taught the old law.

God's Truth

Look, Paul taught the same thing that Jesus taught.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to keep away from any brother who leads an undisciplined life that is not in keeping with the tradition you received from us.

2 Thessalonians 3:14
Take note of anyone who does not obey the instructions we have given in this letter. Do not associate with him, so that he may be ashamed.

1 Corinthians 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is intolerable even among pagans: A man has his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have been stricken with grief and removed from your fellowship the man who did this?

Danoh

Stop crying. Inauguration's over.

:wave:

Yep - tears of elation - all the way to the bank :chuckle:

Thanks to your disastrous vote choice.

Fact of the matter - one administration or another is not going to curtail sound investment strategy.

Not even the disastrous administration you and yours blindly voted into office - as of day one, the working class will now have to deal with excessive FHA loan fees once again.

It's time you lemmings trade in the hoped for illusion of Mayberry and Andy and Barney for the much more realistic portrayal of reality that is Sparta and William Gillespie and Virgil Tibbs :chuckle:

Danoh

The Madists say Paul preached another gospel. Paul says anyone who preaches another gospel is accursed.

Paul preached the gospel to the Jews, and the same gospel to the Gentiles.

Is this ANOTHER gospel that Paul was preaching to the Jews...a different gospel than the one Jesus preached?

Acts 22:17 “When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance 18 and saw the Lord speaking to me. ‘Quick!’ he said. ‘Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.’

19 “‘Lord,’ I replied, ‘these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you. 20 And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’

21 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’ ”

Galatians 1:23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.

Did you read that? They said that PAUL is NOW preaching THE FAITH he once tried to destroy.

How do you get that it ANOTHER gospel?

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Same gospel to all.

You have proven nothing.

What was "the faith" Paul "had once destroyed"?

The preaching that Jesus was the Christ and had risen again.

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God. 9:21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests? 9:22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.

Both Peter and Paul had preached that much. Thus, you have proven nothing.

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

Both had preached that Jesus had been the Christ and had risen again.

Both had that aspect in common.

You have proven nothing...

God's Truth

You have proven nothing.

What was "the faith" Paul "had once destroyed"?

Pay better attention. The faith Paul TRIED to destroy.

The preaching that Jesus was the Christ and had risen again.

I gave scripture where Jesus says he taught that he would die and rise again.

Both Peter and Paul had preached that much. Thus, you have proven nothing.
Both had preached that Jesus had been the Christ and had risen again.

Both had that aspect in common.

You have proven nothing...
Lol…I think you are confused and forgot what you were going against me. I am saying that Paul taught the same as what Jesus taught.

musterion

Yep - tears of elation - all the way to the bank :chuckle:

Thanks to your disastrous vote choice.

Fact of the matter - one administration or another is not going to curtail sound investment strategy.

Not even the disastrous administration you and yours blindly voted into office - as of day one, the working class will now have to deal with excessive FHA loan fees once again.

It's time you lemmings trade in the hoped for illusion of Mayberry and Andy and Barney for the much more realistic portrayal of reality that is Sparta and William Gillespie and Virgil Tibbs :chuckle:

Calm down. You argue like most women. Too emotional.

Leftists said we all had to get behind Obama and give him the fair chance that he'd won as President.

Your turn.

Danoh

Calm down. You argue like most women. Too emotional.

Leftists said we all had to get behind Obama and give him the fair chance that he'd won as President.

Your turn.

Actually, I took that hand wave icon accompanying your post to me to mean you were merely saying hello as well as just busting my chops - for old times sake, as I had not been posting for a while.

After all, I'm not the one making a fool of himself and his country being "too emotional" at all hours of day and night on Twitter before the entire world - your Commander in Cheap shots, is :chuckle:

But, just as you continue to MISread INTO Romans that they were NOT in the Body prior to Paul's writing Romans; you took YOUR misperception of my words to be my intent...

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

That reads like a description of Body members to me.

You ALMOST 28er, you :chuckle:

Danoh

The grammar of Gal 2:

My sense is that BOTH Paul, and Peter were preaching "the gospel of Christ."

BUT...

Peter preached Him, as "spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began" - Acts 3:21.

IN CONTRAST...

Paul preached Him "according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began" Rom. 16:25.

Paul's was what he refers to in Gal. 2:2 as "that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles."

His point later there, in Gal. 2, is his reiteration once more (as in chapter 1) that he was given his Apostleship and authority to evangelize among the Uncircumcision by the same authority Who gave Peter his Apostleship and authority among the Circumcision.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles: ) 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

"The grace" he is referring to in verse 9 is verse 8's "same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles."

Gospel of = mighty in me toward...

The sense is the gospeling, or evangelizing, of...

Paul is referring to the source of his authority in that part of Galatians.

He will then go into aspects of "that gospel" he "preached among the Gentiles" that he asserts he had preached to the Galatians Gal. 2:2; 3:1 - HIS UnProphesied, God given "gospel of Christ."

The content and basis of which he will later lay out in much greater detail in Romans, some ten years or so later.

In fact, the best commentary out there on Galatians, is Romans.

Danoh

Give Trump a chance. Not like we have any choice.

Yeah, I know. But, given his well documented lifelong history of financial corruption, I think I'll stick to the old "trust everyone; but cut the cards yourself."

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" bro :)

Danoh

In fairness, Interplanner was simply using another, equally legitimate, albeit "archaic" word for the word "stingy."

His use of that word is the result of his being well-read.

A person who reads a lot tends to pick up many more words describing for a same thing than someone who is not as well read.

The guy was merely repeating his same old accusation that so called MADs tend to hog up or over-focus on certain passages at the expense of other passages they greatly ignore.

His original post showed that was what he had meant.

Like using a so called "archaic" JKV phrasing like "do you to wit" he was merely using a supposedly "archaic" word.

Both his recurrent (consistently repeated) pattern, and his orginal post had showed that was what he had meant.

Note his same repeated accusation in paragraph two of the following...

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner...

As proof of your literalism problem, Tam, he said show me where that is a rule for all time (in so many words). He meant to them in 1st century Judea, in their Judaistic upraising.

Your problem is you do this with the Bible; latch on to one line with blinders about the coherence that line is to have with others.

His use of that "archaic" word in his orginal post to you was legitimate.

Danoh is pathologically unable to speak accurately. Narrative referred to non-doctrinal sections of the NT. I have long had him on ignore for obtusity and communication sabotage.

:rotfl:

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, if any place was going to show that there were other gospels, it would be I Cor 10. Although I'm sure they would confine themselves to alternative beliefs in the early days of the church, trying to find another gospel embedded in Gal 2 or Act 8, 9, 15, etc. They would not refer to situations that far back in Israel.

Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.