The Gospel Verses the Law and Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
. This is why Paul wrote, "The law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient" 1 Timothy 1:9..............You are under the law and will be judged by the law."The law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient" 1 Timothy 1:9.

Again....
Notice the continued deceit, of this devil child, TOL, above, as he continues his satanic deletion of the word of God, above?

The entire passage:

1 Timothy KJV
9 knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Pate DELETES:

" for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, "

And notice why he does, besides being held captive by a demon? He leaves out the fact, that the law was "made......for sinners..........."

His own words, that I pointed out continually, that exhibits his self indictment, as these words label him as one who is under the law:

I am a sinner. All Christians are sinners.

Pate, on record, admits that he is "under the law and will be judged by the law," since he admits that he is a sinner, and that 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV, which he corruptly cites only part of the verse, says that the law was made FOR SINNERS.

Need help getting out of that ditch, Pate?Father: Must I get into the filth of his ditch, and help him out?

And tell all of TOL, why you deleted words from the 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV passage. Go ahead, deceiver Pate. Tell us.

All of TOL knows why you did, habitual liar, hater/corrupter of the scriptures.

john w

Hall of Fame
I asked Pate:
Tell all of TOL, habitual liar, wolf Pate, why you corrupted 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV, by DELETING WORDS FROM THE PASSAGE?

His satanic answer:

The scripture said enough. I am not a bibleist like you are. You have to have every I doted and every T crossed, because you are a Pharisee.

=evasion, deceit, and an admission, that he deletes words from the book,, changes words in the book, and adds words to the book, to prop up his doctrine of demons.

Answer the question, Pate: What right do you have, to delete words from the bible, including 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV, and the entire Old Testament, as you, on record, did?

We know why....Like father, like son-your father, the devil, who did the same thing in Genesis, and attempted the same, with the Saviour, in the wilderness.

Robert Pate

Banned
This demon, on record, asserts that Christ died in vain, not for our sins, asserting, satanically, that the LORD God's e solution to the sin debt problem, is to eliminate/make void/destroy/do away with His own holy, good, spiritual, "God forbid un-voided" law, so that there is transgression/sin, no sin debt incurred, for which He must die.

=satanic.

This is "Pate-ianity"'s wicked changing of the words of the bible: 1 Cor. 15 ff-"Christ died to destroy the law..." 1 Timothy 1:9:"The law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, so God destroyed it."

The law has not been destroyed for you. You will be judged by it and condemned, Romans 3:20.

john w

Hall of Fame
Go take a couple of aspirins and take a nap. Is Sherman your mama?

Real tough guy, are you, Pate? Weighty.

We know that the devil is your papa, like papa Pope, closet Catholic demon.

Check into the dementia hospital.

john w

Hall of Fame
Go take a couple of aspirins and take a nap. Is Sherman your mama?
I asked Pate:

Answer the question, deceiver:What right do you have to delete words from the book?

His satanic "answer," also deleting the verses from the book, that prohibit deleting from/adding to the bible:
I have the freedom to use the scripture as I see fit. You don't have this freedom.

No, you don't-you made that up, habitual liar, like your father.

Pate-DELETES these verses:

Deuteronomy 4 KJV

Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you. 2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you....... 32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Pate-anity: To h with you, "god!!!!!" I can abolish 2/3 of your scriptures, and add to it!!!!!!

Proverbs 30 KJV

5 Every word of God is pure:he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.6 Add thou not unto his words,lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Pate-anity: To h with you, "god!!!!!" I can abolish 2/3 of your scriptures, and add to it!!!!!!

Isaiah 8 KJV

20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Pate-anity: To h with you, "god!!!!!" I can abolish 2/3 of your scriptures, and add to it!!!!!! And your word no longer includes the OC-it was abolished!!!!!!!

Jeremiah 26 KJV

2 Thus saith the Lord; Stand in the court of the Lord’s house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord’s house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word:

john w

Hall of Fame
The law has not been destroyed for you. You will be judged by it and condemned, Romans 3:20.

=his on record admission, that Christ did not die for our sins, as there is no law, by which the sin/transgression is defined.

=satanic

john w

Hall of Fame
No I didn't. You and John W. do not believe the scriptures. You think that Christians are still under the law when the Bible says differently, "For as many as are under the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

Pate equates the law existing, not being void, as equivalent to being under it, and thus, this lunatic, dementia ridden quack, asserts, for eg., that Americans are under the authority/jurisdiction, of the laws of foreign countries, since they exist. Pate: Abolish all laws, so that we cannot be convicted/judged as breaking them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is the solution!!!!!!ELIMINATE THE LAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ELIMINATE THE LAW OF GOD,which is not good, not spiritual, as it is contrary to us, not the penalty for breaking God's law, SO THAT "Jesus" need not die for our future sins, as there are none, since there is no law to define the transgression!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=satanic, perverting the gospel of Christ.

It is that simple.

Right Divider

Body part
The religion of the Pharisees was the law. They took the first five books of the Old Testament and came up with the Torah.

No I didn't. You and John W. do not believe the scriptures. You think that Christians are still under the law when the Bible says differently, "For as many as are under the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.
Focus a little scatterbrain.

The statement highlighted in YELLOW is FALSE.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Did the Old Testament exist in the first century?

Yes.

The Old Testament (originally written in Hebrew) was translated into Greek for the Great Library of Alexandria in Alexandria, Egypt, sometime within the 400 years between where the Old Testament ends and the New Testament begins (which was shortly before Christ's birth in around the year 4 B.C.). It is called the Septuagint.

Jesus and the Apostles used the Septuagint.

I know that the law and the prophets did. Jesus said that He did not come to abolish them, but to fulfill.

Atonement in Jesus is important. Thanks be to God.

Jesus was a teacher of the law.

:thumb:

The purpose of the law is to reveal the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man.

The law cannot save or justify,

"By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

There is no longer a need for the law because of the Gospel.

:red: :red: :red:

Of course there's a need for it. It's the tutor to bring people TO CHRIST!

Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. - Galatians 3:24-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians3:24-25&version=NKJV

Paul says that once someone has faith in Christ, they don't need the law.

But not everyone has faith, therefore the tutor is STILL NEEDED!

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:31&version=NKJV

This is why Paul wrote, "The law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient" 1 Timothy 1:9.

No, that is not why Paul wrote that.

Paul wrote that for the OPPOSITE reason.

You should read the whole paragraph.

But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust. - 1 Timothy 1:8-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy1:8-11&version=NKJV

In the Gospel we are justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and now stand before God as perfect and complete "in Christ" Colossians 2:10.

:idunno:

The law has not been destroyed for you.

The law has not been destroyed PERIOD.

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:31&version=NKJV

You will be judged by it and condemned, Romans 3:20.

As far as I'm aware, RP, Saint [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] is in fact a believer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, of course, Sir John.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

The Old Testament (originally written in Hebrew) was translated into Greek for the Great Library of Alexandria in Alexandria, Egypt, sometime within the 400 years between where the Old Testament ends and the New Testament begins (which was shortly before Christ's birth in around the year 4 B.C.). It is called the Septuagint.

Did the Septuagint use the book order of the Old Testament? I believe that the Law and the Prophets if by book order if they had one would be different from that of the Old Testament.

john w

Hall of Fame
As far as I'm aware, RP, Saint [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] is in fact a believer.

I am, JR; however, just review Pate's "posts," and you will glean, that he pegs almost everyone, as unbelievers, not having the spirit of Christ, who disagree with his satanic argument, made up "doctrine." Ask other members.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?131233-Robert-s-Gospel-According-to-the-Apostle-Paul/page29

Post #429

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes.

Of course there's a need for it. It's the tutor to bring people TO CHRIST!

Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. - Galatians 3:24-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians3:24-25&version=NKJV

Paul says that once someone has faith in Christ, they don't need the law.

But not everyone has faith, therefore the tutor is STILL NEEDED!

No, that is not why Paul wrote that.

Paul wrote that for the OPPOSITE reason.

You should read the whole paragraph.

But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust. - 1 Timothy 1:8-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy1:8-11&version=NKJV

:idunno:

The law has not been destroyed PERIOD.

I agree that the law is for unbelievers, but it is not for Christians. Why is it you claim to be a Christian but you don't believe the Bible? The Bible plainly teaches that the law has been abolished for the believer, What do you think Paul meant when he said... "The law is not made for the righteous man?" 1 Timothy 1:9.

I will tell you why the law is not for Christians.
The law is not for Christians because they are called to live by the Holy Spirit. To live by the Spirit is to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We have been made perfect and complete "In Christ". When God looks at us all that he can see is his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 3:3. Spiritually we are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven.

john w

Hall of Fame
I agree that the law is for unbelievers, but it is not for Christians.

He keeps spamming this lunatic, dementia induced "logic," i.e., the law is for unbelievers, as it leads the lost to know what sin is, serves as a schoolmaster to lead the lost to Christ(which is true, and what I have been teaching, for years),but it no longer exists, has been destroyed, has been eliminated, has been made void, has been abolished, has been done away with, as has the Old Testament, as he butchers/corrupts, the meaning of the words "abolish/destroyed/void."

Recommended avatar for Pate:

cuckoo-cuckoo550x382.jpg

Robert Pate

Banned
He keeps spamming this lunatic, dementia induced "logic," i.e., the law is for unbelievers, as it leads the lost to know what sin is, serves as a schoolmaster to lead the lost to Christ(which is true, and what I have been teaching, for years),but it no longer exists, has been destroyed, has been eliminated, has been made void, has been abolished, has been done away with, as has the Old Testament, as he butchers/corrupts, the meaning of the words "abolish/destroyed/void."

You cannot receive truth, which means that you do not have the Holy Spirit. No Spirit means no salvation.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why is it you claim to be a Christian but you don't believe the Bible? The Bible plainly teaches that the law has been abolished for the believer, What do you think Paul meant when he said... "The law is not made for the righteous man?" 1 Timothy 1:9.

1.=his deceitful, devilish debating ploy, spamming "you don't believe the Bible? " every third post, to everyone, that disagrees with him. No, Pate, all members of the boc do believe the bible, you engager in sophistry. What we do pot accept, what we reject, do not believe, is your satanic interpretation, of what the bible teaches.

2.1 Timothy 1:9 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
9 knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

1 Timothy 1:9
9 knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly.. ]

Why is it you claim to be a Christian, when you, on record, delete "for the ungodly"(on other threads," and "for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," as you admit that you do(and 2/3 of the bible).

We know why, despite your spin, jumbled, made up "sinners in a physical body" dung "argument;" because it is your admission that you are under the law, as 1 Timothy 1:9 also states that the law "was made...for sinners," which you delete, because you admitted that you are a sinner, and thus the law was made for you:

I am a sinner.[/B] All Christians are sinners.

I am a sinner. All Christians are sinners.

As I/others, have asked you for over 2 years, habitual liar:

How can you assert you/others, are sinners, i.e., those that sin, if there is no law, according to you, to define sin/transgression?

Come on, Pate:ANSWER.

You won't.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
You cannot receive truth, which means that you do not have the Holy Spirit. No Spirit means no salvation.

=word-for-word spam, that he litters on every third post, to everyone, that challenges his doctrine of demons, satanic assertions

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Did the Septuagint use the book order of the Old Testament? I believe that the Law and the Prophets if by book order if they had one would be different from that of the Old Testament.
The LXX is the Old Testament in Catholic and Orthodox Bibles. It has 46 books in it.

Robert Pate

Banned
=word-for-word spam, that he litters on every third post, to everyone, that challenges his doctrine of demons, satanic assertions

Without the Gospel and faith in what Jesus accomplished in your name and on your behalf, you are lost.

You never teach Christ. All you teach is hate and contention. There is no indication of the Holy Spirit in your life.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The LXX is the Old Testament in Catholic and Orthodox Bibles. It has 46 books in it.

Thank you. I had forgotten there is more in the Septuagint, Catholic Scriptures. I believe you are saying that the Septuagint is not 39 books.

Status
Not open for further replies.