The Gospel Verses Predestination

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Some prefer to listen to John Calvin and his ilk. They do that at their own peril. It makes it impossible for them to preach the truth of the ONLY Gospel available.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No. What I observe is that TOL is crawling with non-Christians or with syncretists whose eyes are veiled to the way they demean God and deny Him the glory due. The failure to grasp God's Sovereign Lordship is a great hindrance to spiritual growth and fellowship with God.
What I know with all confidence is that those whom God chooses will recognize His Sovereign election in their lives. Everyone else will spurn God's authority as you do.

:dizzy:

MennoSota

MS you appear to ignore 'The Gospel of the Grace of God' as preached by the Apostle Paul. That's telling.
I see it very clearly in Ephesians 2:1-10.
You nullify grace and promote salvation via works, but your ignorance and veiled eyes cannot see what is plainly before you.
Only God can show you your error and your inability to grasp God's unmerited favor in salvation.

MennoSota

Some prefer to listen to John Calvin and his ilk. They do that at their own peril. It makes it impossible for them to preach the truth of the ONLY Gospel available.
What I notice is your deflection away from your own incapacity to grasp God's unmerited favor in election (even though it is explicitly taught in all the scriptures) and merely blame a dead man for your failures.
Address the scriptures or leave. What does Ephesians 2:1-10 say?
Ephesians 2:1-10
[1]Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins.
[2]You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God.
[3]All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God’s anger, just like everyone else.
[4]But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much,
[5]that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)
[6]For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus.
[7]So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.
[8]God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
[9]Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
[10]For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Israel was chosen of God (Elected) because of Abraham. Today, the 'Gospel of the Grace of God' and all it includes is open to individuals (not special groups of people) who hear the Gospel and are willing (by their own free-will) to place their faith in Christ as their Savior.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I guess saying something twice leaves no doubt where one stands and thusly cannot wiggle out of when effectively challenged. Good.

Let's just poke at that word "impossible" a wee bit.

3,561 listed sermons by one fellow included in your assertions above:

http://www.romans45.org/spurgeon/index/cindex.htm

Apparently not even a single one of them preached "the truth of the ONLY Gospel available". After all, per your doubly strident assertion, it is "impossible." In fact, one need not even read a single one sermon listed, given a declared impossibility. :AMR1:

Such is the nonsense that comes from hyperbolic speech toadying to the crowd. It makes for entertainment and being seen, but really not much more.

Sigh.

AMR

Last edited:

MennoSota

Israel was chosen of God (Elected) because of Abraham. Today, the 'Gospel of the Grace of God' and all it includes is open to individuals (not special groups of people) who hear the Gospel and are willing (by their own free-will) to place their faith in Christ as their Savior.
So, only the nation called "Israel" has ever been chosen by God? In your opinion, God doesn't choose anyone or adopt them as His own?
Here's my request.
Provide scripture proving your position. Show us that God is passively sitting in heaven, waiting for the humans who are intelligent enough and rational enough to believe in God.
When you provide scripture, show me the context surrounding it so that I and everyone else can see what the writer is addressing as a whole.
Presently you have done nothing but shout a mantra of "Calvin is bad, Calvin is bad." Now is the time for you to put up or shut up.
Knock our socks off with scriptural passages showing how God doesn't get involved in choosing His children.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I guess saying something twice leaves no doubt where one stands and thusly cannot wiggle out of when effectively challenged. Good.

Apparently not even a single one of them preached "the truth of the ONLY Gospel available". After all, per your doubly strident assertion, it is "impossible." In fact, one need not even read a single one sermon listed, given a declared impossibility. :AMR1:

Such is the nonsense that comes from hyperbolic speech toadying to the crowd. It makes for entertainment and being seen, but really not much more.

Sigh.

AMR

It's a perfect example of sinning , which is accually two things . One falling short of the glory of God . And two , wanting people to go their own way . Mennosota is just still ruled by the sinful nature because he thinks he is just chosen . Many are called , few are chosen ! He is simply being called with God awaiting the faithing response . Like many others , thinks he has arrived , but hasn't really even started the journey . Satan's greatest achievement to date I would guess .

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So, only the nation called "Israel" has ever been chosen by God? In your opinion, God doesn't choose anyone or adopt them as His own?
Here's my request.
Provide scripture proving your position. Show us that God is passively sitting in heaven, waiting for the humans who are intelligent enough and rational enough to believe in God.
When you provide scripture, show me the context surrounding it so that I and everyone else can see what the writer is addressing as a whole.
Presently you have done nothing but shout a mantra of "Calvin is bad, Calvin is bad." Now is the time for you to put up or shut up.
Knock our socks off with scriptural passages showing how God doesn't get involved in choosing His children.

It's not my responsibility (or any Christians) to make sure you or anyone else become a member of the 'Body of Christ.' I believe the Holy Spirit draws ALL men/women to the 'Gospel of the grace of God.' if the unbeliever hears the Gospel and places their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone, the Holy Spirit seals and indwells the unbeliever and they become a 'child of God' and a member of the 'Body of Christ.' It's a process and the work of the Holy Spirit from start to finish. The ONLY part an unbeliever has in that process is, they provide the necessary faith.

Ephesians 1:13 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Sigh.

AMR

I'm not certain what you're getting at? I realize you're a devout Calvinist and therefore you're trying to make a point. However, I don't know what that point is. Perhaps you could clear this up for me?

MennoSota

It's not my responsibility (or any Christians) to make sure you or anyone else become a member of the 'Body of Christ.' I believe the Holy Spirit draws ALL men/women to the 'Gospel of the grace of God.' if the unbeliever hears the Gospel and places their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone, the Holy Spirit seals and indwells the unbeliever and they become a 'child of God' and a member of the 'Body of Christ.' It's a process and the work of the Holy Spirit from start to finish. The ONLY part an unbeliever has in that process is, they provide the necessary faith.

Ephesians 1:13 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise"
It is your responsibility. I have provided numerous verses and passages showing God's continuous choosing of His children from Genesis to Revelation. If you cannot present your biblical argument, I then consider you to have conceded me the argument.
Put up or shut up.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is your responsibility. I have provided numerous verses and passages showing God's continuous choosing of His children from Genesis to Revelation. If you cannot present your biblical argument, I then consider you to have conceded me the argument.
Put up or shut up.

You may consider anything you wish about 'Old GM.' Do you really believe I lie awake at night filled with anxiety and panic attacks about what MS thinks of me? Surely, you jest.

glorydaz

Sigh.

AMR

My dear friend,

Snark does not become you.