The Gospel of the Kingdom and the plot twist.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Saying it doesn't make it so.

So why the need to have Him be from a specific nation, one that God separated from all the others?

You tell us. That's what we're asking you.

Supra.

Supra.
" And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham"

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
" And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham"

And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham. - Galatians 3:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians3:8-9&version=NKJV

That still doesn't answer the question being asked:

If it's always the same in all regards for Jews and gentiles, why did God separate Israel from other people?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Might I add that Peter also confirmed Paul's ministry:

2Pet 3:15-16 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:15) And account [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (3:16) As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter declares that Paul's epistles are scripture.
Peter:
King James Bible
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Paul:
Romans 9
22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The end of the world?
The end of my world as I knew it.
Or are you saying Jesus already returned to the earth?
As I'm on the earth and he is in me, I'd have to say yes.

King James Bible
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Hoping

Banned
The end of my world as I knew it.
As I'm on the earth and he is in me, I'd have to say yes.
That is quite different than His foretold return with the fiery angels will be, to destroy this place. (Psa 104:4, Matt 3:11-12, Heb 10:27)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
That is quite different than His foretold return with the fiery angels will be, to destroy this place. (Psa 104:4, Matt 3:11-12, Heb 10:27)
How so?

King James Bible
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Right Divider

Body part
Peter:
King James Bible
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Paul:
Romans 9
22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
What does that have to do with confirming Paul's apostleship?

You still don't understand the issue.

Hoping

Banned
How so?

King James Bible
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
Did you see the earth getting burned up?
Did you see the dead being raised?
That is what is expected at the return of Christ.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is this your blessing of Israel?...
It's not my requirements. Strawman right out of the gate. Not to mention the red herring of trying to redirect.

21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.”

23 But He answered her not a word.

And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she cries out after us.”

24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”

26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.”

27 And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”

The problem is people don't want it to be true. Some just don't care, they are here to deceive. As I pointed out a decade ago here, and Sozo even longer. It's cool that Tucker Carlson figured it out finally. At least Tucker doesn't call those trying to deceive Hall of Fame guests or something just as stupid.

Hoping

Banned
It's not my requirements.
It seemed like a pretty easy "Yes"-"No" kind of question.
21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.”
23 But He answered her not a word.
And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she cries out after us.”
24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”
26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.”
27 And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”

The problem is people don't want it to be true. Some just don't care, they are here to deceive.
Jesus' prime mission was indeed to the Israelites, but when He saw faith being exercised, the nationality of folks faded away in importance.
Jesus even lauded a Roman's faith to the Israelites. (Matt 8:9-10)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Jesus' prime mission was indeed to the Israelites, but when He saw faith being exercised, the nationality of folks faded away in importance.

So apparently the entire Old Testament means nothing to you.

What was the point of separating out Israel as a nation separated from the world if, by a few Gentiles showing their faith, their (Israel's) Messiah would just go against everything he had done over the previous 1500 years, so that "the nationality of folks faded away in importance?"

Idolater

So apparently the entire Old Testament means nothing to you.

What was the point of separating out Israel as a nation separated from the world if, by a few Gentiles showing their faith, their (Israel's) Messiah would just go against everything he had done over the previous 1500 years, so that "the nationality of folks faded away in importance?"
John 1
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
John 1

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Ok, and?

This doesn't answer the question...

Right Divider

Body part
John 1

The "as many as received him" refers to those of His own.

Remember that the author, John, is one of twelve apostles that will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. John agreed to limit his ministry to the circumcision. Gal 2

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Now it is time to bring Paul in. Let's see if Israel just faded away in importance, negating the great commission given to them.

7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written:

“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day.”

9 And David says:

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
And bow down their back always.”​

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!​

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”​

28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.

Idolater

Ok, and?

This doesn't answer the question...
There are Gospel passages which explicitly and in no uncertain terms says Christ came in part specifically for the Gentiles, planned, known ahead of time.
And, "His own received Him not."
But even though "His own" (Israel) "received Him not," nonetheless still, there were those who did receive Him. It's just, "His own received Him not," followed up by, and then, "As many as received Him." So, someone received Him, but it wasn't "His own" (Israel).
"What was the point of separating out Israel as a nation separated from the world if ... their (Israel's) Messiah would just go against everything he had done over the previous 1500 years ... "
He didn't "go against;" it was always the plan all along that the Gentiles were specifically part of why He was coming in the first place.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are Gospel passages which explicitly and in no uncertain terms says Christ came in part specifically for the Gentiles, planned, known ahead of time.
And, "His own received Him not."
But even though "His own" (Israel) "received Him not," nonetheless still, there were those who did receive Him. It's just, "His own received Him not," followed up by, and then, "As many as received Him." So, someone received Him, but it wasn't "His own" (Israel).
"What was the point of separating out Israel as a nation separated from the world if ... their (Israel's) Messiah would just go against everything he had done over the previous 1500 years ... "
He didn't "go against;" it was always the plan all along that the Gentiles were specifically part of why He was coming in the first place.
According to GOD's prophetic plan for Israel, Israel was to be the agency through which the gentiles/nations would be blessed. Salvation was to Israel first through Messiah and with Israel receiving her Messiah and Davidic Kingdom, Messiah was to return and take His glorious throne, gather Israel back to the land and then under the leadership of Messiah Israel were to be priests unto the nations/gentiles. Since Israel did not receive her Messiah and thus the Davidic Kingdom, the prophetic program for Israel was postponed and then instead of the LORD pouring out His wrath on Israel and the nations/gentiles He poured out His grace through the revelation of the mystery, the new program hidden in GOD from the foundation of the world revealed to the unique Apostle of the gentiles by the ascended LORD Jesus. Paul became proxy Israel in this dispensation and thus the nations were still going to be blessed through Abraham and Israel.
The prophetic kingdom program for national Israel will resume after the last gentile is saved in this dispensation by Paul's gospel of the grace of GOD.