The Future for Israel - 'Behold the days are coming' YHVH

beameup

Behold, days are coming,’ declares [YHVH] the LORD, ‘when I will fulfill the good word which I have spoken concerning the house of Israel and the house of Judah. ‘In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch of David to spring forth; and He shall execute justice and righteousness on the earth.

In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will dwell in safety; and this is the name by which she [Jerusalem] will be called: "THE LORD IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS".’ “For thus says [YHVH] the LORD, ‘David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel; and the Levitical priests shall never lack a man before Me to offer burnt offerings, to burn grain offerings and to prepare sacrifices continually.’”
- Jeremiah 33:14-18

Last edited:

beameup

Behold, the days are coming,” declares the LORD,
“When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch;
And He will reign as king and act wisely
And do justice and righteousness in the land.

“In His days Judah will be saved,
And Israel will dwell securely;
And this is His name by which He will be called,
THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.’
- Jeremiah 23:5-6

beloved57

Behold, days are coming,’ declares [YHVH] the LORD, ‘when I will fulfill the good word which I have spoken concerning the house of Israel and the house of Judah. ‘In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch of David to spring forth; and He shall execute justice and righteousness on the earth.

In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will dwell in safety; and this is the name by which she [Jerusalem] will be called: "THE LORD IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS".’ “For thus says [YHVH] the LORD, ‘David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel; and the Levitical priests shall never lack a man before Me to offer burnt offerings, to burn grain offerings and to prepare sacrifices continually.’”

Fullfilled in Christ and the Church which are One. The physical seed of Abraham Israel are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

daqq

In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will dwell in safety; and this is the name by which she [Jerusalem] will be called: "THE LORD IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS".’

“In His days Judah will be saved,
And Israel will dwell securely;
And this is His name by which He will be called,
THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.’

The "IS" which I highlighted in red is a decision left up to the reader(s) or translator(s) because of the Hebrew language. It is at the discretion of the reader of the text as to whether it needs to be added in the English rendering or not.

Both phrases are identical in those two passages, (יהוה צדקנו), but as anyone can see your translation has a bias because they inserted "IS" into the first passage and left "IS" out of the second passage. That is pretty clearly a Trinitarian bias rearing its ugly head once again. Your version makes it appear as if the Righteous Branch in Jer 23:5-6 will be named or called "YHWH our Righteousness" which usurps the Name of the Father and gives it to the one whose name is the Branch, (Meshiah). But if you were honest about it does it not make more sense that the Meshiah seeks to glorify his and our Father just as he says he does in the Gospel accounts? He says that he does not seek his own glory; and no one ever calls him "YHWH our Righteousness" but he does reveal to us that the Father is his Righteousness, (and therefore our Righteousness).

This is just as acceptable and logically speaking it is even more correct:

"In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely; and this is his name by which he will be called, "YHWH IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS"."

Additionally there are other translations which even read completely different:

Jeremiah 23:6 YLT
6 In his days is Judah saved, and Israel dwelleth confidently, And this his name that Jehovah proclaimeth him, 'Our Righteousness.'

daqq

Sorry, but you get an "F" grade.
The SUBJECT of Jeremiah 23:6 is a PERSON.
The SUBJECT of Jeremiah 33:16 is a PLACE.

and this is his name [SHEM] whereby HE shall be called: "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" [Yehovah-tsedeq]

Sorry but you get a minus "F" grade because Yerushalem of Above is my mother. :chuckle:
As Paul teaches in Galatians 4:26. :duh:

beameup

“Therefore behold days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when it will no longer be said, ‘As the LORD lives, who brought up the sons of Israel out of the land of Egypt,’
but, ‘As the LORD lives, who brought up the sons of Israel from the land of the north and from all the countries where He had banished them.’
For I will restore them to their own land which I gave to their fathers.
- Jeremiah 16:14-15

This is presently an ongoing process.
Half of all Jews alive now live in Israel.

Zeke

“Therefore behold days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when it will no longer be said, ‘As the LORD lives, who brought up the sons of Israel out of the land of Egypt,’
but, ‘As the LORD lives, who brought up the sons of Israel from the land of the north and from all the countries where He had banished them.’
For I will restore them to their own land which I gave to their fathers.
- Jeremiah 16:14-15

This is presently an ongoing process.
Half of all Jews alive now live in Israel.

Galatians explains that symbology you just cant see it yet.

beameup

Behold the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the LORD.
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
- Jeremiah 31:31-33

Interplanner

Beam,
what matters is how Heb 9-10 interps things. Try as you may like, there is nothing about the land being restored when Heb 9-10 interps the passage. It simply doesn't matter, and ch 11 says they were not looking for the land anyway, and the land of Israel was set to be 'burnt' (ch 6).

The gifts given by the ascended Messiah were leaders for the mission of Messiah to the ends of the earth, says Eph 4 interpreting Ps 68.

beameup

what matters is how Heb 9-10 interps things.
No, "what matters" is how Hebrews 8 "interprets things":

BEHOLD DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD,
WHEN I WILL EFFECT A NEW COVENANT
WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH;
NOT LIKE THE COVENANT WHICH I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS
ON THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND
TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT;
FOR THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT,
AND I DID NOT CARE FOR THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
“FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE
WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL
AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD:
I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS,
AND I WILL WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS.
AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD,
AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

Hebrews 8:8-10

Epoisses

Dispy's are so far gone they don't even see Jesus as the spiritual successor of David. There's that word again - SPIRITUAL. That word is like garlic and holy water to the dispy-pires!

beameup

Try as you may like, there is nothing about the land being restored

Behold the days are coming,” declares the LORD,
“When the plowman will overtake the reaper
And the treader of grapes him who sows seed;
When the mountains will drip sweet wine
And all the hills will be dissolved.

“Also I will restore the fortunes of My people Israel,
And they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them;
They will also plant vineyards and drink their wine,
And make gardens and eat their fruit.

“I will also plant them on their land,
And they will not again be rooted out from their land
Which I have given them,”
Says the LORD your God.

Amos 9:13-15

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Behold the days are coming,” declares the LORD,
“When the plowman will overtake the reaper
And the treader of grapes him who sows seed;
When the mountains will drip sweet wine
And all the hills will be dissolved.

“Also I will restore the fortunes of My people Israel,
And they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them;
They will also plant vineyards and drink their wine,
And make gardens and eat their fruit.

“I will also plant them on their land,
And they will not again be rooted out from their land
Which I have given them,”
Says the LORD your God.

Amos 9:13-15

Are these people dwelling in the land today, gained by the gun, who deny Christ, called MY People Israel?

I think not.

LA

beameup

Are these people dwelling in the land today, gained by the gun, who deny Christ, called MY People Israel?

I think not.

LA

Newsflash: it doesn't matter what "you think".

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. - Romans 11:25-27

beameup

Are you claiming that the people in Israel now, are the people of God and fufillment of the promise that all Israel will be saved?
"I'm" not claiming anything
Let's see what YHVH has to say...

And the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah, saying, Thus saith the LORD;
If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night,
and that there should not be day and night in their season;
Then may also MY COVENANT be broken with David my servant, that he
should not have a son to reign upon his throne; along with the Levites,
the priests, as my ministers.
- Jeremiah 33:19-21

For this is MY COVENANT unto them, when I shall take away their sins. - Romans 11:27

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"I'm" not claiming anything
Let's see what YHVH has to say...

And the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah, saying, Thus saith the LORD;
If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night,
and that there should not be day and night in their season;
Then may also MY COVENANT be broken with David my servant, that he
should not have a son to reign upon his throne; along with the Levites,
the priests, as my ministers.
- Jeremiah 33:19-21

For this is MY COVENANT unto them, when I shall take away their sins. - Romans 11:27

Are you claiming that the nation of Israel in the land today are the fulfillment of the promises of God, despite that fact that they do not believe in Christ and have taken the land by their own power.

LA

beameup

Are you claiming that the nation of Israel in the land today are the fulfillment of the promises of God, despite that fact that they do not believe in Christ and have taken the land by their own power.

LA

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
- Ezekiel 36:24,26