The eternal safety and preservation of Gods Elect !

TestedandTried

I never mentioned that one preserves their salvation via good works, though it is certainly true that we do good works our entire lifetime...remain green even through old age...even as the Spirit within us prompts us to do out of love toward our fellowman, especially brothers and sisters whom we are to sincerely love and love deeply, and we do these things because we are full of love and gratitude toward our God.
We must not have a sinful unbelieving heart nor turn to sin which we do not repent of. You are overlooking much of Scripture to have a watered down version of the true faith. I suppose you understand that we are tested and tried in this faith and some fail the testing as the parable of the Sower clearly outlines. You may say these were not the elect...that may be so, but these Scriptures are aimed at all of us.

beloved57

I believe, after reading your post, that you espouse "once saved always saved" theology. I disagree with that teaching...

Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:1-23) indicates some are not truly elect...they die out.
also...
II Peter 3:17:
Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.
Judas was in fellowship with Jesus yet he fell away. His love for money and this world over weighed his desire to follow Jesus.
Perhaps others would like to add to this.

Do you want to discuss the OP and points I made with scripture ?

Nanja

Now because of Gods Grace to the elect, they wont depart from God, or become apostate Jer 32:40

[FONT="]And [U][B]I will[/B][/U] make an everlasting covenant with them, that[U] I will [/U]not turn away [/FONT][/COLOR][B]from them, to do them good; but [U]I will[/U] put my fear in their hearts, that[U] they shall not [/U][B][U]depart[/U] [B]from [B]me.[/B][/B][/B][/B]

See those " I will" ; " i will"; " i will"; " they shall not" those are sovereign declarations of God, sure to all the seed ![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="#006400"]
Amen to parts #16-#18 !

By God's Grace given by Jesus Christ 1 Cor. 1:4 particularly to all His Elect Seed whose sins He took upon Himself Gal. 3:16; 29, they shall not depart from Him for the fear He puts in their Covenant Hearts by His Spirit given them New Birth Jer. 32:40; Ezek. 36:26-27.

TestedandTried

Of course, what better way to discuss?
II Timothy 3:15-16:
15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Are you telling me Scripture is off bounds here?

beloved57

The Elect, they whom God has called unto His Eternal Glory, God will make them perfect, stablish them, strengthen and settle, so theyre preserved by God unto eternal glory 1 Pet 5:10-11

10But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

These are Gods Elect read Paul here 2 Tim 2:10

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.