The eternal safety and preservation of Gods Elect !

beloved57

Most in mans religion today believe that Salvation/Justification is conditioned on man in some shape, form or fashion and therefore many believe that those Christ died for can lose their Salvation/Justification if man doesn't fulfill the appropriate conditions. I'm here to testify that Gods Elect are never in danger of losing Salvation/Justification from God, simply because all of it has been conditioned upon Christ, Hes first and foremost responsible for their final Salvation/Justification before God. Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

God holds Christ responsible to bring the many Sons unto Glory via His death, sufferings which constituted Him to be the Captain of their Salvation, even unto final Glory!

Nanja

Most in mans religion today believe that Salvation/Justification is conditioned on man in some shape, form or fashion and therefore many believe that those Christ died for can lose their Salvation/Justification if man doesn't fulfill the appropriate conditions. I'm here to testify that Gods Elect are never in danger of losing Salvation/Justification from God, simply because all of it has been conditioned upon Christ, Hes first and foremost responsible for their final Salvation/Justification before God. Heb 2:9-10

[FONT=&]9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

God holds Christ responsible to bring the many Sons unto Glory via His death, sufferings which constituted Him to be the Captain of their Salvation, even unto final Glory![/FONT]

Absolutely ! And Christ as the Captain of their Salvation, knows every man of His Elect Seed Eph. 1:3-5 by name John 10:3, the Many Sons Heb. 2:9-10 given Him of the Father John 10:29 that He suffered God's Wrath on behalf of Is. 53:10-11. And He is their Prince and Deliverer Dan. 12:1, whose names were already written in His Book of Life of The Lamb before the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8; and He is their soon coming King who has has gone before them to prepare their mansions in Glory John 14:2 where they shall live together in His midst Forever Zeph. 3:17 !

beloved57

Another way of understanding the eternal safety and preservation of Gods Elect is by way of Predestination. Those God did predestinate He did Justify as Per Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Now them God Justifieth, them He also Glorifieth, and that with Eternal Glory. So the Justified are ensured to be Glorified.

And whom is it that God Justifieth ? Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Its none other than God's Elect.

Nanja

Another way of understanding the eternal safety and preservation of Gods Elect is by way of Predestination. Those God did predestinate He did Justify as Per Rom 8:29-30

[FONT=&]29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Now them God Justifieth, them He also Glorifieth, and that with Eternal Glory. So the Justified are ensured to be Glorified.

And whom is it that God Justifieth ? Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Its none other than God's Elect.[/FONT]

Amen, God's Elect are surely Justified presently from Everlasting, and are also ensured to be even Glorified presently in time, when they are given the Spirit in New Birth.

1 Pet. 4:14

If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

beloved57

True believers are preserved unto Glory by the Power of God 1 Pet 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Last edited:

beloved57

True believers were even preserved in Christ prior to being called, so yet while uncalled and in unbelief Jude 1:1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

The word preserved is the greek word tēreō and means:

to attend to carefully, take care of

1. to guard
  2. metaph. to keep, one in the state in which he is
  3. to observe
  4. to reserve: to undergo something

Its also in the perfect tense a completed action in the past with present results

They were then Guarded IN Jesus Christ !

john w

Hall of Fame
Tell all of us, how you know, that you are one of "the elect?"

Continued silence, after being asked that simple question, for years.

Nanja

True believers are preserved unto Glory by the Power of God 1 Pet 1:3-5

[FONT=&]3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.[/FONT]

Amen Brother, and True believers are the Faithful in Jesus Christ Eph. 1:1, Abraham's Seed Gal. 3:9, the Saints who have, by the Power of God, been given the fruit of Faith Gal. 5:22 when they are Born of the Spirit John 3:3, 6; and God's Elect Saints are also referred to in scripture as the Preserved of God Ps. 31:23a !

john w

Hall of Fame
Amen Brother, and True believers are the Faithful in Jesus Christ Eph. 1:1, Abraham's Seed Gal. 3:9, the Saints who have, by the Power of God, been given the fruit of Faith Gal. 5:22 when they are Born of the Spirit John 3:3, 6; and God's Elect Saints are also referred to in scripture as the Preserved of God Ps. 31:23a !

Tell all of us, how you know, how we know, that you are one of "the elect," one of the "True" believers, that are "Faithful," one of "God's Elect Saints," one of the "preserved of God?"

Unpack it for us.

Let me guess: By examining how "faithful" you are, by examining how much "fruit of Faith" you have, how you show "perseverance"(as in TULIP), by examining your "lifestyle."

Calvinism is just another perversion of the gospel of Christ, as it is a "works based" performance system, by which it judges whether one is saved/justified-no different than Romanism, Mormonism, Buddhism,......................................................

To wit....Catch that "True believers?" You talk like a Catholic....They talk like you...."Devout Christian."

The "True" qualifier acknowledges a works-based "salvation."

Tell us what "Untrue believers" are.

Do be a dear. Is that like "Wet Water?"

Is that like "true pregnancy?"

beloved57

Amen, check out this verse also Ps 37:28

For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they arepreserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

beloved57

The righteous shall persevere, its an promise Job 17:9

The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.

Now the righteous are those made so by the obedience of One Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

john w

Hall of Fame
The righteous shall persevere, its an promise Job 17:9

The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.

Now the righteous are those made so by the obedience of One Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Tell all of us, how you know, that you are one of "the elect?" Let me guess-because you "persevere," which is a works-based performance system, as you examine your lifestyle, to determine if you are saved, which is a perversion of the gospel of Christ.

Continued silence, after being asked that simple question, for years.

Nanja

Amen, check out this verse also Ps 37:28

For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they arepreserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

Awesome !

And also these:

Ps. 89:5
And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.

Ps. 16:3
But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.

Prov. 2:8
He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.

MennoSota

God will ensure the salvation of his chosen ones and destroy the wicked.
Habakkuk 3:12-13 (esv)
You marched through the earth in fury; you threshed the nations in anger.You went out for the salvation of your people, for the salvation of your anointed. You crushed the head of the house of the wicked, laying him bare from thigh to neck. Selah

Habakkuk 3:12-13 (nlt)
You marched across the land in anger and trampled the nations in your fury. You went out to rescue your chosen people, to save your anointed ones. You crushed the heads of the wicked and stripped their bones from head to toe.

beloved57

The elect are the Just or righteous made so by the obedience of the One [Christ] Rom 5:19

19 [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made[/FONT] righteous[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] This word righteous is translated Just in the NT 33 xs.

And heres a promise for the Just Prov 4:18

[/FONT]18 [FONT=&quot]But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

This perfect day i render as the Day of Christ 1 Cor 1:8

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the [/FONT]day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

beloved57

The elect, chosen shall be confirmed to the end 1 Cor 1:8

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

First we must point out that this promise is to Gods Elect, the Chosen. Paul gives them that designation later in this same chapter notice Vs 26-28

[FONT=&quot]26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

In fact they're of that same group ohn writes of in Rev 17:14

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Now exactly who is it that its promised to confirm them unto the end ? Lets look at the immediate context of 1 Cor 1 verses 4-8

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Its by the Grace of God given them by/in Jesus Christ ! Thats who gets then credit for confirming them unto the end.[/FONT]

beloved57

Now because of Gods Grace to the elect, they wont depart from God, or become apostate Jer 32:40

[FONT=&quot]And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away [/FONT]from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

See those " I will" ; " i will"; " i will"; " they shall not" those are sovereign declarations of God, sure to all the seed !

TestedandTried

I believe, after reading your post, that you espouse "once saved always saved" theology. I disagree with that teaching...

Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:1-23) indicates some are not truly elect...they die out.
also...
II Peter 3:17:
Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.
Judas was in fellowship with Jesus yet he fell away. His love for money and this world over weighed his desire to follow Jesus.
Perhaps others would like to add to this.

MennoSota

I believe, after reading your post, that you espouse "once saved always saved" theology. I disagree with that teaching...

Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:1-23) indicates some are not truly elect...they die out.
also...
II Peter 3:17:
Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.
Judas was in fellowship with Jesus yet he fell away. His love for money and this world over weighed his desire to follow Jesus.
Perhaps others would like to add to this.
"Once saved always saved" is the statement of semi-pelagian thinkers who imagine their "prayer" saved them and that if they said "the prayer" they are good...no matter how much they sin.
Reformed theology does not teach that at all.
Instead, we look at scripture, noting that God has chosen his children from before the world began.
It is not the responsibility of the elect to somehow maintain their inheritance by good works. It is God's good and gracious gift of faith that assures our perseverance. Faith does good works. If you don't have faith, no matter how much you try to fake it, you cannot do good works that please God. Those who do not persevere in faith were faking it in hopes of making it on their own. You can try to have a "knock off" brand of faith, but the only real faith is the one God gifts the elect.
The question to ask is: Does God fail the elect so that those whom God chose as His children can also be cast out from the family?
Jesus said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." He was speaking to the sheep his Father had given him. Was Jesus lying? I think not.